很风趣
Great fun.
大部分时候是吧
Most of the time.
他也会发脾气
He had these moods.
这种时候
The rest of the family
他的家人都会对他小心翼翼的
were all very careful around him at such times.
知道是因为什么吗
Any idea what was behind them?
我不知道
Oh, I don't know.
姑娘吗
A girl?
一般都是这样
That's usually the way.
你回牛津多久了
How long've you been back in Oxford?
几个月吧
A couple of months.
你呢
You?
我没离开过
I never left.
没怎么离开
Not really.
我本想读研究生 但...
I started a post-grad, but...
怎么说呢
I don't know.
还在书店干了一阵
Worked in a bookshop for a while.
你读的是...
You read, uh...
历史
History.
对
History.
我以为...
I'd have thought...
我会有所成就吗
I'd have done something with my life?
我们大概都会这样"以为"吧
I suppose we all "thought."
你做了什么
What did you do?
在那之后
After.
兜兜转转
Knocked about a bit.
干了点这个那个
Here and there.
我从军了一阵
I was in the army for a while.
你走后 大家挺想你的
You were missed when you left.
我想不出谁会想我
I can't think by whom.
是啊
No.
但有人想你
But you were.
我还是...
I suppose I'd better be...
今天下午有董事会议
There's a board meeting this afternoon,
然后今晚是跟纳比尔王储的晚宴
ahead of this evening's dinner with Prince Nabil.
因为现在发生的一切
With everything that's happened,
-所以有点... -爱丽丝
- it's just a bit... - Alice.
之前你说
What you were saying.
想一起喝一杯
About that drink.
应该没关系的
I'm sure it would be all right.
真的吗
Really?
老朋友嘛
Old friends.
谁会介意呢
Who could mind that?
或许被问话的真是哈利
Perhaps it was Harry who was spoken to.
但说是死人够巧的
Convenient, though.
对我们就不巧了
Damned inconvenient for us.
挺奇怪的 不是吗
It's curious, don't you think?
她在一次王室活动期间失踪
She disappears on one royal occasion,
肯德里克在另一次王室活动期间被杀
and Kendrick is murdered in the middle of another.
这里是私人领地
This is private property.
你们来干什么
What're you doing here?
我们刚去过宅子 布鲁姆小姐
We've just been up to the house, Miss Broom.
我们是来询问一起12年前的失踪案
We had some questions about a girl who went missing 12 years ago,
奥莉芙·里克斯
Olive Rix,
发生在加冕日那天
the day of the Coronation.
那我就不知道了
I wouldn't know anything about that.
她就在那边的农业学院上学
She attended the Agricultural College.
如果你经常在林子里骑马
If you regularly rode these woods,
或许你们碰到过
perhaps your paths may have crossed.
我不会去公共小径
I avoid the public footpath.
这里不就是吗
On it now, aren't we?
布鲁彻把我甩了下来跑了
Blucher threw me and bolted.
我不得不找到它 把它牵回来
I had to find him and fetch him back.
那尤斯特斯·肯德里克呢
What about Eustace Kendrick?
这个名字你听过吗
Does that name mean anything to you?
我该听过吗
Should it?
他当时是奥莉芙的男友
He was Olive's boyfriend.
如果没别的事
If there's nothing else.
你可能想问 12年前失踪的女孩
You might ask what a girl disappeared 12 years ago
跟昨天工厂发生的凶案有什么关系
has to do with the murder at the factory yesterday.
或许吧
I might.
但或许我根本没想过这问题
But perhaps such a thing never crossed my mind.
或许我是当警方自有分寸
Perhaps I assume the police know what they're doing.
也或许你是不在乎
Or perhaps you couldn't give a damn.
你如果想把我或我家人扯进来
Try to involve me or any of my family in this
你就会发现我有多在乎了
and you'll discover quite how much of a damn I do give.
那么
Well?
你们到底还打不打算告诉我了
Are you going to tell me, or aren't you?
到昨天之前
Until yesterday,
尤斯特斯·肯德里克一直在英帝电气工作
Eustace Kendrick had been working for B.I.E.C.
但用的是珀西·马♥勒♥森这个名字
under the name of Percy Malleson.
真是团乱麻
What a tangle.
那边就是猪舍
Down there, you've got the piggery.
农业学院在那边
And the Agricultural College is over there.
给我看下那张照片
Give us a shufti at that snap a minute.
就是在这里拍的吧
About here, don't you think?
那她是去过那儿
She was there, then.
但是跟谁去的 长官 这才是问题所在
But who with, sir, that's the question.
肯德里克啊
The Kendrick boy!
那照片是在他公♥寓♥发现的
The photograph was found at his flat.
据肯德里克的表亲说
According to Kendrick's cousin,
奥莉芙当时另有情人
Olive had been involved with someone else.
-另有人 -更年长的人
- Someone else? - An older man.
或许奥莉芙对肯德里克说过什么
Perhaps Olive said something to Kendrick
让他认为
which led him to believe
那人可能是布鲁姆家族的
it might have been one of the Brooms.
我们能查清的 长官 别担心
We'll get to the bottom of it, sir, don't worry.
什么
I beg your pardon?
你算老几 叫我别担心
Who are you to tell me not to worry?
他只是说 长官
He only meant, sir...
我清楚他什么意思 瑟斯戴
I know exactly what he meant, Thursday.
我不用你替他开脱
I don't need you to make excuses for him!
太冒失了
Damned impertinence!
看什么看
Hell are you looking at?!
在这儿干瞪眼是找不到凶手的
You're not going to find the culprit sat about gawking!
快去干活儿
Get on with your work, all of you!
他们又来了
They're back.
警♥察♥
The Police.
当然了
Of course.
他们不查到底是不会罢手的
They won't stop until they get to the bottom of it.
爸爸说他们在问加冕日的事
Pa says they're asking about the Coronation.
那女孩
That girl.
原来马♥勒♥森是她男友
Turns out Malleson was her boyfriend.
嗯
Oh, yeah.
人们还会谈论加冕日那天
People still talk about the party they threw
他们在奇侬苑为工人办的派对
at Chinon Court for the workers during the Coronation,
但那是我来之前了
but before my time though.
你当时在哪
Where were you before?
邮政总局
GPO.
做维修
Repairs.
干了15年呢
15 years.
能把人逼疯到想上电线杆了
Enough to drive you up the pole.
不过 那就是我的工作
Which, of course, was the job.
但其实 工作还不差
But no, it was a grand do by all accounts.
但我是不怎么在乎那个
Not that I hold with all that, you understand.
在乎什么
All what?
君主制
Monarchy.
卑躬屈膝
Bowing and scraping.
你肯定很喜欢
You must have enjoyed
公主殿下的造访了
Her Royal Highness's visit enormously, then.
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表