表示感激
to Detective Inspector Thursday
谢谢他在我到来之前的恪尽职守
for holding the fort so admirably, pending my arrival.
其次
Secondly...
其次 你们要知道
Secondly, you should be aware
我要向这个警局发出警告
that I am putting this station on notice.
我并不想说我前任的坏话
I do not propose to speak ill of my predecessor,
但如果有人破坏规章
but where there are breaches of procedure
胡作非为
or Spanish practices,
那我就会摆出另一幅脸孔
you will find me a horse of a very different color.
尽管如此 我希望大家
That said, I want you to regard
能把我的上任当做新开始
my appointment as a tabula rasa.
一切归零
A clean slate.
你好好干 我就好好待你
You play fair by me, then I will play fair by you.
继续吧
Carry on.
衣衫褴褛的无赖绕着高低不平的石头一圈圈地跑
Around and around the rugged rock the ragged rascal ran.
怎么了
What?
有点欠吧
Well, it's a bit cheap, isn't it?
他肯定合你心意了
He'd be right up your street, I suppose.
新开始
Tabula rasa.
开个头
My Aunt Flo.
如果你没事干 杰克斯 可以给你找事干
If you've no work, Jakes, some will be found for you.
是 长官
Sir.
别让他们激怒你
Don't let them get a rise.
没事的
It's nothing.
那就是不服管
Insubordination's what it is.
借你打我
By proxy.
你是我的副手
You're my bagman.
我清楚大家私下里都怎么说
I know what's going 'round the canteen.
这份工作该给一位警长的
The job should have gone to a detective sergeant.
但是没有 我给了你
Well, it didn't, it went to you.
你是凭本事上来的
You're here on merit.
但你这样子像什么话
Not that you'd know it by the state of you.
你最好找时间熨熨衣服
You might have found time to run an iron.
那衬衫像是被你当睡衣了
That shirt looks like you've slept in it.
第一印象 摩斯
First impressions, Morse.
好了
Right.
南摩尔路有猝死事件
Sudden death on Southmore Road.
巡警想获得没问题的确认
Uniform just wants the all clear.
谢谢 长官
Thank you, sir.
你不是该守住门的吗
You're meant to be on the door, aren't you?
抱歉
Sorry.
刚下夜班
Just come off nights.
真要命了 我...
It's playing havoc with my...
我不需要知道
I think I can live without the details
你消化进程的细节 多谢了
of your digestive timetable, thank you very much.
你是谁
Who are you?
我可能是一个从街上溜进来
For all you know, I'm just someone wandered in off the street,
企图私闯民宅的人呢
intent on a bit of housebreaking.
如果你非要这么横
You're going to be like that about it,
出示一下证件吧 伙计
let's see some identification, matey!
快点的
Sharpish.
你就是摩斯啊
You're Morse.
斯特兰奇[奇怪]
Strange.
什么奇怪
What is?
我是
I am.
我
Me.
我的名字
My name.
吉姆·斯特兰奇
Jim Strange.
医生也来了 如果你想跟他谈谈
The sawbones is here, if you wanted a word.
没事的
It's all right.
你可以看
You can look.
没什么吓人的
Nothing here to frighten the horses.
更没有血迹
No blood, leastways.
是怎么...
What's the, uh...
根据我渊博的医学经验推测 是心脏病
My extensively educated medical guess would be a heart attack.
她不挺年轻的吗
Young, isn't she?
你得去逼问她的医生了
You'll need to run her GP to ground,
但这瓶地高辛表明她有某种心脏缺陷
but digoxin would suggest a heart defect of some sort.
死亡时间呢
Time of death?
已完全过了尸僵阶段
Rigor completely passed.
所以是周六中午之前
So, sometime before noon on Saturday.
我们知道她的身份吗
Do we know who she was?
玛格丽特·贝尔
Margaret Bell.
据宾小姐说 她家人在罗德西亚
Family's in Rhodesia, according to Miss Byng.
房♥东太太
Landlady.
她在隔壁喝茶呢
She's next door at the minute having a cuppa
压惊
for the shock.
这里还住了两个姑娘
There's two other girls live here,
但她们周五早上去里尔了 要去一周
but they went away Friday morning for a week in Rhyl.
就查到这些吗
That's as far as you've got, is it?
不 我猜是个学生
No. Student, I'd say.
哪个学院的
One of the... colleges.
博福尔学院 这是博福尔的颜色
Beaufort College; these are Beaufort colors.
她不太可能是那里的学生
It's unlikely she'd have been an undergrad there.
为什么
Why not?
因为那是男校
Because they don't admit women.
更可能是秘书学院的
More likely secretarial college.
我已经翻过她的手袋了
I've already had a go through her purse.
30镑 还有个避孕套
30 bob and a French letter.
没用过
Unused.
亚历山大·蒲柏 英国诗人
"希望总从心中迸发
"Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
幸福永远只隔咫尺"
Man never is, but always to be blest."
她医生那边有消息告诉我 摩斯
Keep me posted on the GP, Morse.
好 走吧
Okay, let's go.
好孩子 鲍比
Good boy, Bobby.
真棒
There you go.
你喜欢吗
Did you like that?
你喜欢开车吗
Did you like the driving?
别生气
Don't be cross.
我只是路过
I was just passing.
别说瞎话 帕梅拉
Don't talk rot, Pamela.
你很清楚你才不是路过
You know perfectly well you weren't.
我带了些干净的换洗衣服来
I brought a few changes. They're all clean.
那多谢你了
That's very good of you.
但你不必这么做的
But you needn't have, really.
弗兰克随时会回家吃午饭了
I'm expecting Frank home any minute for lunch.
我可以做水果奶冻
I could make junket.
鲍比可以帮我 是吧 亲爱的
Bobby could help me, couldn't you, darling?
真是的
Honestly.
你不能老这样了
You can't keep doing this.
两个月来有五家邮局被盗 长官
Five post offices knocked over in the last two months, sir.
都在20英里范围内
All within a 20-mile radius.
但都不是在我们的辖区内
None on our ground, though.
暂时是
Not as yet.
但我们也该有所准备 长官
But as well to be prepared, sir.
我更希望你专注抓偷煤气表费的人
I'd prefer you concentrated on this gas meter menace.
刚好他的一个受害者
It transpires one of his victims
是助理警♥察♥局长的祖姑母
is great-aunt to the assistant chief constable.
我已保证会调动最佳警力
I've promised we'll roll out the silver service.
迅速出结果
Rapid result.
好吧 长官
Right, sir.
如果没别的事了 那我...
Well, if there was nothing else, I'll...
还有一件事
There is one other matter.
据我所知 你的副手是个警员
I understand you've a detective constable acting as bagman?
摩斯 长官 是个好人
Morse, sir. Good man.
他们都是好人 瑟斯戴
They're all good men, Thursday.
但等级制度的存在是有原因的
But the rank system is there for a purpose.
副手是该由警长来做的
Bagman is a detective sergeant's post.
他是个出色的警官 长官
He is an exceptional officer, sir.
做巡警不到两年
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表