才反应过来
that it made sense.
反应过来什么
What made sense?
应该就在这附近
It should be around here somewhere.
一堆松树里唯一的山毛榉
A single beech in a stand of pine.
一棵山毛榉吗
A single beech, you say?
哈利跟她暧昧了有一年了吧
Harry had been knocking about with her for, what, a year
分分合合的
on and off?
不是认真恋情
Nothing serious.
哈利就是那样
Just Harry being Harry.
她就是个拜金女
She was a gold digger.
她或许出身贫寒 布鲁姆先生
She might've not had the best start in life, Mr. Broom,
但她失踪的时候
but at the time she went missing,
正在努力成就自己的人生
she was working hard to make something of herself.
你哥哥怎么认识奥莉芙·里克斯的
How was it your brother came to know Olive Rix?
是我有天遇到了她
I met her one day.
在大树林里骑马时
Hacking out in Great Wood.
我们年纪相仿
We were of an age.
我又只有两个兄弟
One girl amongst two brothers?
你们聊得投机
You hit it off?
她挺风趣的
She was fun.
她有种...
She had this...
怎么说
I don't know...
童话般的幻想
Sara Crewe fantasy.
觉得她父亲其实是外国的富有贵族
Some wild idea her father was a rich foreign nobleman
有天会来找她
and that one day he'd come and find her.
如果那是她的梦想
Well, if that was her dream,
我又凭什么去破坏
I wasn't about to spoil it for her.
你们为何都否认认识她
Why did you all deny knowing her?
为什么不呢
Why not?
你们12年前就没找到她
You couldn't find her 12 years ago.
何必现在又提起来
Why rake over it all now?
人们只会说闲话
People would only gossip.
何必给他们谈资
Why give them ammunition?
从不道歉
Never apologize,
从不解释
never explain.
她失踪那天 你见过她吗
Did you see her the day she disappeared?
农业学院的人差不多都回家了
More or less everybody from the Agricultural College had gone home
跟家人庆祝加冕仪式
to celebrate the Coronation with their families.
但动物可不管那些
But animals are republican by temperament.
它们还需要进食 清洗 挤奶
They still need feeding, cleaning, milking.
不管女王怎样
Vivat Regina or no.
只有奥莉芙自己在
Olive was on her own,
我就提出去猪舍帮她
so I offered to help her out down at the piggery.
我们干了几小时
We did a couple of hours,
1点刚过 我就离开了她 回家了
and I left her shortly after 1:00 to go back to the house.
那你就是最后见到奥莉芙·里克斯的人
Then you were the last person to see Olive Rix,
布鲁姆小姐
Miss Broom.
除了那个
Apart from whoever...
凶手
did what they did.
我问她要不要来参加派对
I asked her if she'd like to come to the party.
她说她不能来
She said she couldn't.
我猜她是跟人有约
I presumed she was meeting someone.
尤斯特斯·肯德里克
Eustace Kendrick.
你哥哥知道她跟另一名年轻人有染吗
Did your brother know she was involved with another young man?
就算他知道 应该也不会在意
If he had, I doubt it would have troubled him.
如父如子
Like father.
你知道什么
Shows how much you know.
老天爷
Christ God,
你们就没够吗
aren't you tired of it?
迪克
Dickie...
是她跟哈利分手了
She broke it off with Harry.
就在大树林
In Great Wood.
就在那天下午
That afternoon.
我之后在桌球房♥见到了他
I came on him in the billiard room later.
他喝醉了
He was drunk.
-痛苦难当 -理查德 拜托
- Beside himself. - Richard! Please!
是我发现了她
I found her.
发现了她的尸体
Found her body.
奥莉芙·里克斯
Olive Rix.
就在派对次日的早上
The morning after the party.
我去大树林里遛狗
I'd taken the dogs up to Great Wood
想清理思绪
to clear my head,
结果就看到了她 就在林木线那里
and there she was, in the treeline,
离哈法辛地界不远
just back from Half-Farthing Field.
你怎么没站出来
Why didn't you come forward?
说什么呢 我哥哥是个杀人犯吗
And say what, that my brother was a murderer?
换你会怎么办
What would you have done?
他承认了吗
He confessed?
我们从未说起过
We never spoke of it.
至少没说出来
Not in so many words.
你可能觉得奇怪
That may sound strange to you.
但我知道
I knew,
他也知道我知道
he knew I knew,
但我们都不说
but not saying it out loud...
你就足够模棱两可 可以承受下去
Gave you just enough doubt to live with.
你做了什么
What did you do?
拿了把铲子
Fetched a spade.
警♥察♥很快就
The police pretty quickly
认准了尤斯特斯·肯德里克
settled on Eustace Kendrick for it, and, uh...
于是就这样了
That was that.
你就安心让一个无辜者成为嫌疑人吗
And you were content to let an innocent man stand suspect?
反正也没上庭
It's not as if it came to trial.
他出国了
He left the country.
这正好称了你的意
Which suited you down to the ground.
珀西·马♥勒♥森来到公♥司♥时
And when Percy Malleson came to the firm,
你全然不知他就是肯德里克吗
you had no idea he was Kendrick?
我怎么可能知道
How could I?
我没见过他
I'd never met him.
当时报纸上有不少他的照片
There were plenty of photos in the paper at the time.
巧了 我没做剪报贴本
Funnily enough, I didn't keep a scrapbook.
不 我真不知道是他
But no, I didn't know it was him.
还有谁知道
Who else knew?
就我
Just me.
我们都知道
We all knew.
那是你
Speak for yourself.
至少有所怀疑
Or at least suspected.
除了艾丝戴拉
Except Estella.
事件闹起来前
She was back at school
她就回到学校了
before the hue and cry began.
我也是
So was I.
大部分时候吧
Most of the time.
没人会怀疑到你身上的 约翰尼
No one ever suspected it would be you, Johnny.
你根本干不出那样的事
Something like that was well beyond your scope.
谢谢 迪克
Thank you, Dickie.
那很勇敢
That was very brave.
我就知道我儿子的精神还在
I knew my boy was still in there somewhere.
至少这事可以了结了
Well, at least that's an end to it.
了结
An end to it?
弗罗斯特在工厂杀了尤斯特斯·肯德里克
Frost killed Eustace Kendrick at the factory
哈利·布鲁姆杀了奥莉芙·里克斯
and Harry Broom killed Olive Rix.
那是谁杀了兰尼·弗罗斯特
And who killed Lenny Frost?
不是谁 是什么
Not who, what.
环境 维护不力
Circumstance, poor maintenance.
是事故
It was an accident.
一个凶手死了还能忍♥受 两个就不对劲了吧
I might live with one dead murderer, sir, but not a brace.
幸好 一个警员
Well, happily, what a detective constable
能忍♥什么 不能忍♥什么
can or cannot live with
就大局而言
is a matter of rather small account
不怎么重要
in the general scheme of things.
看来警部不用去麻烦王宫了
And Division won't need to trouble the palace, I suppose.
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表