她不肯安静离开
She wouldn't go quietly?
所以你才把她引去了巴格利林吗
Is that why you lured her to Bagley Wood?
-什么 -证据在此 博士
- What? - It's here, Doctor.
白纸黑字
In black and white.
第一横行 "大多数草坪边的
First across, "Where most the gypsies
吉普赛人扎下老旧帐篷的地方"
by the turf-edged way pitch their smoked tents."
答案是六个字母和四个字母
Answer, six and four.
巴格利林
Bagley Wood.
最后一列 "有多少个女牛仔"
Last down, "How many cowgirls?"
五个字母
Five letters.
答案是"八"
Answer, eight.
我不明白
I don't understand.
你太明白了 博士
Oh, you understand all too well, Doctor.
你打算周六晚上8点
You were to meet Mary Tremlett
在巴格利林和玛丽·谭姆莱特见面
Saturday night at 8:00 at Bagley Wood,
而你妻子有合唱团排练 不会碍事
while your wife was safely out of the way at choir practice.
我没有出题"巴格利林"
I didn't set Bagley Wood.
反正上周六不是
Not last Saturday, anyway.
我出的题是"辛克西"
I set Hinksey.
而且是6点 不是8点
And it was 6:00, not 8:00.
这是下周的题目
This is next week's puzzle.
下周的
Next week's?
任何负责任的出题人
Any setter worth the name
都会提前准备几份题目
will keep a few grids ahead of himself,
以防他生病了
just in case he's taken ill.
在这儿
Here.
看
You see?
辛克西 6点
Hinksey. 6:00.
这才是我原本要寄的字谜
This is the grid I meant to send.
难怪她没出现
So that's why she didn't turn up.
我交错了字谜
I submitted the wrong puzzle.
罗温像往常一样把信封交给我去寄
Rowan handed me the envelope to post, as usual,
但因为排练的事
but what with rehearsals,
我完全把这事抛到脑后了
it completely went out of my mind.
所以发生了什么
So what happened?
到了周三 它还放在壁炉上
Come Wednesday, it was still on the mantelpiece.
我本打算自己跑一趟
And I was about to run it into town myself
就在这时 罗温的一个学生来敲门
when one of Rowan's students knocked on the door.
一个叫迈尔斯的男孩
A boy called Miles.
迈尔斯·珀西维尔
Miles Percival?
没错
That's right.
我在合唱团和他有过接触
I know him slightly through choir.
但罗温不在家
But Rowan wasn't in.
为了省得我自己跑一趟
And so to save myself the trip,
我就问他介不介意帮我送一下信
I asked him if he wouldn't mind dropping the envelope off.
他说了找你丈夫什么事吗
Did he say what he wanted with your husband?
没有 我就猜是学院的事
No, I assumed it was college business.
你去问他吧 他肯定会告诉你的
But ask him, I'm sure he'll tell you.
迈尔斯·珀西维尔死了
Miles Percival is dead.
他举枪自尽了
He shot himself.
这就是我那天来找你丈夫谈的事
That's what I came to tell your husband the other day.
你知道斯特明博士周六晚上
Can you account for Dr. Stromming's whereabouts
在什么地方吗
on Saturday evening?
在什么地方
His whereabouts?
他在家
He was here.
你确定吗
Are you sure?
你每周六晚上
You have choir practice
都有合唱团排练 不是吗
every Saturday evening, don't you?
我6点离开时 他还在书房♥
Well, he was in his study when I left at 6:00.
我晚些时候回来时 他还在那儿
He was still there when I returned later.
-警员... -那是几点
- Detective Constable... - Well, what time was that?
大概11点
Around eleven.
排练结束后 我去开车的时候
After practice, when I came out to the car,
车胎扎破了
I had a puncture,
我等了好久 才等到人帮忙
and I had to wait an age for assistance.
不过 拜托
But please,
为什么问这些问题
what is this all about?
这个问题很难开口 斯特明太太
This is a delicate question, Mrs. Stromming,
但我必须问问
but one I must ask.
你的婚姻幸福吗
Yours... is a happy marriage?
你说什么
I beg your pardon?
我是说...
I mean...
你从未有过理由怀疑你丈夫吗
You've never had cause to doubt your husband?
从来没有
Never!
用你的话说 我从未有过理由怀疑我丈夫
Never have I had cause to doubt my husband, as you put it.
一刻也没有
Not for one moment.
我还要去排练
I have rehearsals to attend.
就照你和我说的告诉克里斯普高级警司 好吗
Just tell DCS Crisp what you told me, all right?
您有空吗 长官
You got a minute, sir?
斯特明计划了整件事
Stromming planned the whole thing.
精确到每一个细节
Even down to the last detail.
我认为他甚至去扎破了他妻子的轮胎
I believe he even went so far as to spike his wife's tire,
以确保他能在她之前到家
just to make sure that he got home before she did.
她还以为他一直在家
So far as she's aware, he'd been there the whole time.
抱歉打扰 长官
Sorry to interrupt, sir.
那么 周六晚上
So, Saturday night,
他把玛丽·谭姆莱特引去了巴格利林
he lures Mary Tremlett to Bagley Wood
然后杀死了她
and kills her
好避免他们的私情被人知道
to stop the truth about their affair getting out.
他在这段时间里的不在场证明是什么
And his alibi is what for the time in question?
他在辛克西
That he's in Hinksey.
他去辛克西做什么
What's he doing in Hinksey?
等玛丽
Waiting for Mary.
他说那是他12日本打算跟玛丽私会的地方
He said that was the intended rendezvous point for the 12th,
但他不小心
only he accidentally
把19日的纵横字谜寄了出去
submitted the crossword puzzle for the 19th
给《牛津邮报》
to the Oxford Mail.
有人在辛克西见到他了吗
Anyone see him in Hinksey?
没有
Well, no.
他在撒谎
He's lying.
我能确定
I know he is.
您觉得呢 长官
What do you think, sir?
如果斯特明真是这个奥兹 那说得通
If Stromming is this Oz character, it stacks up.
把他抓来
Bring him in.
你说他周六晚上杀了她
Saturday night he killed her, you say?
那最好还是先别急 长官
Then I think you probably want to hang fire, sir.
楼下有个兽医 发誓说周日早上6点
I've got a vet downstairs who swears he saw Mary Tremlett
还看见了
alive and well,
活着的玛丽·谭姆莱特
6:00 Sunday morning.
我大概2点到的柴瑞特农场
I got to Cherrits' Farm around about 2:00.
臀位分娩
A breech presentation,
这其实算不上什么大问题
which isn't too much of a problem as a rule.
但小牛把脐带绕在了脖子上
But the calf managed to get the umbilicus caught around its neck.
很棘手吧
Hard go of it, I should imagine.
可把我累坏了
I doubt I shall be bowling legspin again for a while.
但大概5点 还是安全地完成了接生
But all safely delivered around about 5:00.
大概5:30 我收拾好了东西回家去了
I collected my things and headed home about half past.
总之 刚过了去林普顿的左转弯
Anyway, just passed the left turn to Glympton,
我就看到了她 在公共汽车站等车
and there she was, waiting at the bus stop.
那是几点
What time was this?
6点
6:00.
新闻上刚开始播国内消息
The Home Service had just come on the news.
这个姑娘长什么样
What did she look like, this girl?
红发 就像报上说的
A redhead, like it says in the paper.
她穿着某种礼服
She was wearing some kind of get-up with a...
要怎么说呢
I don't know what you'd call it.
带有V字形的图案
A sort of chevron-y type motif.
绿白相间的 应该是
Green and white, I think.
你错了12小时
You were 12 hours out.
玛丽·谭姆莱特不是
It wasn't 8:16 Saturday night
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表