但这份清单很长
Quite a long list as it turns out,
不过还是有收获的
but it paid dividends.
有辆宾利
There was a Bentley
昨天预约送修一家基灵顿的车行
booked in at a dealership in Kidlington yesterday.
挡风玻璃碎了
Cracked windscreen.
车主是乔里恩·弗罗比舍先生
Owner Mr. Jolyon Frobisher.
贝德利学院的院长
The master at Badeley?
做侦探 小菜一碟嘛
Piece of cake, this detecting lark.
不知道你们为什么那么当回事
Don't know what you make all that fuss about.
弗罗比舍博士
Dr. Frobisher?
多蕾茜娅·弗雷泽 《牛津邮报》
Dorothea Frazil, Oxford Mail.
不知作为贝德利学院的院长
I wondered if, as master of Badeley,
您对我们近期的布斯山报道
you'd any comment to make in response
可有什么评论
to our recent article on Booth Hill.
我正式声明
On the record,
这样的指控当然令我颇为关注
obviously I'm very concerned by such allegations.
那您私下的想法呢 弗罗比舍博士
And off the record, Dr. Frobisher?
我认为那些
I think those who make
报道不负责任指控的人
irresponsible allegations in print
要非常小心了
should take very great care.
我不能 瑟斯戴先生
I can't, Mr. Thursday.
你知道的
You know that.
这是要我命的事
It's more than my life.
也是 莫里
Fair enough, Morry.
那我们送他回去吧 杰克斯警长
We'd better get him back, then, Sergeant Jakes.
如果卡斯帕看到我们送他到月光酒吧
It's not going to look very good if Kasper sees us drop him off
可不太好啊 长官
outside the Moonlight Rooms, sir.
你是说可能会有人当他是告密鬼吗
Someone might take him for a grass, you mean?
认为他多嘴了
Think he's been running his mouth off?
但我没有
But I ain't!
好吧 维克是作为查理的匿名合伙人加入的
Look, Vic came in as a sleeping partner with Charlie
那是大概两年前
about two years ago.
我就知道这么多
That's all I know.
查理满意这个安排吗
Charlie was happy with that?
你无法拒绝维克·卡斯帕
You don't say no to Vic Kasper.
走吧
Go on, then.
你可以坐公共汽车回去
You can get the bus back.
米莉
Oh, Millie.
你好
Hello.
我以为是门房♥弄错了
I thought the porter must have it wrong.
院长坚持的
The master insisted.
你还好吗
How are you?
还很不知所措
Rather at sixes and sevens, I'm afraid.
我在安排葬礼
Trying to organize the funeral,
但我肯定是弄得一团糟
but I imagine I'm making the most frightful hash of it.
米莉
Oh, Millie.
真是太遗憾了
It really is too bad.
我不忍♥心见你这个样子
I can't bear to see you like this.
我没事 真的
I'm all right, really.
别傻了
Nonsense.
你以前那么关照我
You've looked after me in so many ways.
给我准备了那么多丰盛的晚餐
All those wonderful meals you've prepared.
所以
So...Listen.
我会过去帮忙整理阿利的东西
I'm going to come over and help tidy Al's things.
他的东西
His things?
他的论文
His papers?
文章
Essays?
任何其他需要处理的东西
Whatever else needs taking care of.
他如果像我一样
If he was anything like me,
可能还有需要还给学院图书馆的书
there may well be books from the college library need returning.
听起来怎么样
So, how's that sound?
真的吗
Really?
那真是太感谢了
Oh, that would be most terribly kind.
没事
Not at all.
多个帮手 不是吗
Many hands, eh?
人多智广
Two heads better than one.
摩斯警员 市警局
DC Morse, City Police.
我和一个住这儿的人通过电♥话♥
I spoke to someone on the telephone here
大概一小时前
about an hour ago.
是你吗 小姐您叫...
Would that have been you, Miss...?
瓦伦斯 朱蒂
Vallens. Judy.
不是 我回家才20分钟
No, I've only been in about 20 minutes.
是否知道科克·诺里斯教授
Any idea why Professor Coke Norris
怎么会有写着你姓名缩写和电♥话♥号♥码的
might've come to have your initials and telephone number
纸板火柴 瓦伦斯小姐
written in a matchbook, Miss Vallens?
不知道
None.
我有时会在讲座上看到他
I see him every now and then at lectures,
但再就没别的了
but that's it.
你是哪所学院的学生
You're a student at which college?
我是个玛蒂尔达兽
I'm a Matildabeeste.
玛蒂尔达夫人学院
Lady Matilda's.
那纸板火柴呢
What about the matchbook?
你认得吗
Do you recognize that?
你确定吗
You sure about that?
那个
Those.
是啊 抱歉
Yes, I'm sorry.
那是我的室友 乔治娜·班纳德的
That would be my flat-mate, Georgina Bannard.
她在工作的地方拿的
She gets them from work.
那是哪里
Where's that?
宽街附近的某个夜店
Some club off the Broad.
月光酒吧吗
The Moonlight Rooms?
她在那里做什么
What does she do there?
卖♥♥烟女郎
Cigarette girl.
她在家吗
Is she at home?
我想找她谈谈
I'd like to speak with her.
我从学院回来时 她的东西都不在了
When I got back from college, all her stuff was gone.
你们合租很久了吗
Have you roomed together long?
八♥九♥个月吧
Eight or nine months.
她会是去跟哪个男友住了吗
Might she have a boyfriend she's gone to stay with?
她好像没有固定的男友
Nobody steady, I don't think.
家人呢
What about family?
在西部什么地方
In the West Country somewhere.
你不会刚好有她的照片吧
You wouldn't happen to have a photograph, by any chance?
没有 我怎么会有
No, why would I?
我们关系没那么好
We're not close.
你似乎很紧张 瓦伦斯小姐
You seem very nervous, Miss Vallens,
如果你不介意我这么说的话
if you don't mind my saying so.
你在为什么事担心吗
Is there something worrying you?
除了回到家发现乔娜跑了
Besides coming home to find that Gina's cleared out
剩我一个人交租
and landed me with the rent,
而警♥察♥20分钟后就来敲门吗
then you showing up 20 minutes later?
那如果
Well, if
她跟你联♥系♥了
if she does happen to get in touch,
可以叫她给我打电♥话♥吗
could you ask her to call me?
她没惹什么麻烦
She's not in any trouble.
我就是想跟她说话
I'd just like to speak with her.
你丈夫提过一位朱蒂·瓦伦斯吗
Did your husband ever talk about a Judy Vallens?
她是玛蒂尔达夫人学院的一位学生
She's an undergrad at Lady Matilda's.
没有
No.
那乔治娜·班纳德呢
How about Georgina Bannard?
如果你是在怀疑我丈夫
If you entertain any suspicion of impropriety
跟你提到的这两位年轻女子有什么越轨行为
between my husband and these young women you mentioned,
我可以让你安心了
I believe I can set your mind at rest.
自从奥黛丽的事故...
After Audrey's accident...
怎么说呢
How to put it...
阿利斯特就失去了行房♥的兴趣
Alistair lost all interest in, and indeed facility for,
和能力
physical intimacy.
完全丧失了
Completely.
他以前会骑马打猎
He used to ride to hounds, you see.
奥黛丽12岁时
When Audrey was 12,
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表