会不会是宗教的戒律
I wondered if it might be some religious thing.
修道士的
Like monks.
谢谢 斯考比太太
Thank you, Mrs. Scobie.
她说他这样反常已经好几个月了
Not been right for a couple of months, she says.
就因为一个被他发现
All off some young bloke he found
睡在教堂门口的年轻小伙
kipping rough in the church porch.
怎么说
How's that?
牧师收留了他过夜
The reverend's put him up for the night.
第二天早上 那无赖把他洗劫一空
Next morning, the blighter's cleaned him out.
偷走了他珍贵的硬币收藏
Made off with his prized coin collection.
他是昨晚8点到11点间被杀的
Killed between 8:00 and 11:00 last night.
有三处枪伤
Three shots.
背后中了两枪 让他摔下了梯子
Two in the back, which sent him off the ladder,
接着近距离中了致命的一枪
followed by the coup de grace from close range.
和杀害卡特莱特医生的是同一个人吗
Same killer as Dr. Cartwright?
猜测还是留给专业人士吧
I prefer to leave speculation to the professionals.
完成验尸后 我才能确定
Be able to speak to any firm similarities
是否有相似之处
once I've completed the postmortem.
看来摩斯猜对了牧师的事 长官
Looks like Morse was right about a clergyman, sir.
但其他事上就未必了
But not much else.
原来 卡特莱特医生的小姨子有犯罪记录
It transpires Dr. Cartwright's sister-in-law has a criminal record,
哪怕只是粗略地查一下她的过往
as even the most cursory examination of her history
就能发现
would have revealed.
未成年时 在她被监禁的疗养院里
A juvenile assault upon some poor orderly
袭击了一名可怜的护工
at the sanatorium to which she was confined.
-严重吗 -她刺伤了他的腹股沟
- Bad? - She stabbed him in the groin.
但严重程度不是重点
But how bad it was is hardly the point.
这早该发现的
It should have come to light.
我去找他谈
I'll talk to him.
不
No.
给他的机会够多了
He's had enough rope.
摩斯
Morse?
那人在找什么东西
Someone was looking for something.
如果蒙克福德牧师说
What if Reverend Monkford was lying
自行车被盗是撒谎呢
about this bike being stolen?
-摩斯 -如果他的确去过戈斯托
- Morse... - What if he was there at Godstow
看到了杀卡特莱特医生的凶手呢
and saw Dr. Cartwright's killer?
那他怎么不站出来
Then why didn't he come forward?
我不知道
I don't know.
或许是个他认识的人
Maybe it was someone he knew.
如果他是想保护那人呢 如果他知道...
What if he was trying to protect them? What if he knew...?
我看得出你一心想侦破这个案子
Look, I can see you got the bit between your teeth,
但案情有了进展
but there's been a development.
我们去喝一杯吧
Let's get a drink.
不是她
It's not her.
可能是 可能不是
Maybe, maybe not.
但重点是 你该去查的
The point is, you should've checked.
没必要
I didn't need to.
为什么
Why?
因为她是个落难少女吗
Because she's a damsel in distress?
你对那些有麻烦的女人
When it comes to a bird with a wing down,
就是缺乏判断力
you've got a blind spot a mile wide.
早晚为此栽跟头
It'll be your undoing.
这里面涉及到一个
There's a child in the middle of this
被迫跟母亲分离的孩子
being kept from his mother,
如果大家都没注意的话
in case anybody hadn't noticed!
如果这叫缺乏判断力 那行吧
If that's a blind spot, then so be it.
德里克·克拉克在撒谎 长官
Derek Clark's lying, sir.
他肯定涉案了 我能确定
He's involved somehow. I know he is.
在那个玛格丽特·贝尔的事上
Look, he might not have been entirely straight with us
他可能是没完全说实话
about this Margaret Bell girl,
但蒙克福德被枪杀时
but at the time Monkford was being shot,
德里克·克拉克正在邮局
Derek Clark was being trussed up
被人绑起来 打昏过去
and beaten senseless at the post office.
我不确定
I don't know.
我确定
Well, I do.
你目前被调回去做普通警务了
You're being returned to General Duties for the present.
这是谁的意思
Where does this come from?
布莱特吗
Bright?
要叫布莱特先生
Mr. Bright.
不 是我的决定
No, it's my decision.
最好还是我来跟你说
Best you hear it from me.
等过了六个月 或一年
Six months' time? A year?
你通过了考试 我们再看
Get through your exams, we can look again.
现在呢
And meantime?
精进业务
Learn your trade.
谢谢你请酒
Thanks for the drink.
我是个好侦探
I'm a good detective.
但不是个好警♥察♥
And a poor policeman.
前者没法教
No one can teach you the first.
但后者傻子都能学会
Any fool can learn the second.
我想我早该意识到那不是学校
I suppose I should have realized it wasn't a school.
但在大雨里 看上去还挺像的
But it did look like one a little... through the rain.
他把我留在了一楼的一个房♥间里
He left me in a room on the first floor,
我以为是校长办公室呢
which I took for the head's study.
在经过了似乎很长时间后
After what seemed the longest time,
我走到窗前 往外看
I went to the window to look outside.
我看到了爸爸
And I saw Daddy,
但我不担心 因为他没打伞
but I wasn't worried because he didn't have his umbrella.
我知道他没打伞是哪都不会去的
I knew that he wouldn't go anywhere without it.
然后一名护工把伞送了出来
And then an orderly came outside with it.
我才反应过来
And that's when I realized.
我拼命地敲打玻璃窗
I banged and banged on the glass.
他肯定听到我了
He must have heard me.
肯定听到了
He must have.
但他没抬头看
But he didn't look up.
他径直上了车 开走了
He just got in the car and drove away.
我三年都再没见到他
And I didn't see them again for three years.
我们发现
It's come to light that you...
你在那里袭击了一名护工
assaulted an orderly there.
有些护工还不错
There were some... nice ones.
有些就不太好了
And some not so nice.
一个15岁的女孩 你能想象
A 15-year-old girl. You can imagine.
如果不是弗兰克后来把我接了出去...
If Frank hadn't come along and got me out when he did...
我那天晚上发现了这个
I found this the other evening.
卡特莱特医生为什么给你写信
Why was Dr. Cartwright writing to you?
你能经常见到他
You saw him often enough.
他有什么事非要写信
What was it that he had to put in a letter
不能跟你当面说
that he couldn't say to your face?
我的同事现在把你视为杀人嫌犯
My colleagues are looking at you as a suspect for murder.
你明白吗
Do you understand that?
我认为他们错了 但如果我要帮你
Now, I think they're wrong, but if I'm going to help you,
你就得告诉我真♥相♥
you have to give me the truth.
你们是在出轨吗
Were you having an affair?
帕梅拉 把脑袋后仰
Um, Pamela, Pamela, put your head back.
她怎么样了
How is she?
她睡着了 我扶她上了床
She's asleep. I've put her to bed.
谢谢你打来
It was good of you to call.
你丈夫在伦敦时 经常来看帕梅拉吗
Did your husband see much of Pamela in London,
卡特莱特太太
Mrs. Cartwright?
我说过了
I think I said.
弗兰克会来看她 以确保她按时服药了
Frank looked in on her to make sure she was taking her tablets.
那他们关系应该很好了
They would have been close, then.
很好
Close?
大概是吧
Yes, I suppose.
或许还不止呢
And more than close?
天啊
My God.
你们这些人真是难以置信
You people really are the living end.
我不会回应
I'm not even going to dignify
如此恶心的暗示
so disgusting an insinuation with a response.
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表