她是有了别人
that she was seeing someone else.
他说过是谁吗
Did he say who?
他以为我...
He thought that I...
太荒唐了
That's absurd.
但你确实认识她
You did know her, though?
迈尔斯带她参加过酒会
Miles brought her to a drinks party.
她看上去挺有气质
She seemed very personable.
挺伶俐的
Very quick witted.
其实就是桩傻事
Really, it was just one of those stupid things.
有个年轻的老师说 很可惜
One of the younger dons mentioned that it was a pity
牛津没有更多这样的学生
we didn't see more people like that coming to Oxford.
哪样的
Like what?
她那个阶级的
Well, of her class.
大家当时都喝了不少了
The wine was in, I suppose, but
里斯突然提出
Reece hit upon a wheeze to see if,
如果我们调♥教♥一番
with a bit of coaching,
能不能让财务主管以为她真是个大学生
we couldn't convince the Bursar that she was an undergrad.
玛蒂尔达夫人学院的
At Lady Matilda's, do you see?
亚历山大·里斯吗
Alexander Reece?
你知道他吗
Why, do you know him?
是的
Yes.
肯定能把财务主管吓个半死
Would've scared the Bursar half to death
她那样贫苦出身的女孩
to hear the finer points of Pindar's monostrophic odes
却能对品达的单韵颂歌♥诗句侃侃而谈
discussed in an accent rather more town than gown.
他有吗
And was he?
吓得半死
Scared half to death.
最终没找到这样的机会
In the event, the opportunity never arose.
你没能诱使玛丽·谭姆莱特
You couldn't inveigle Mary Tremlett
加入你们的骗局吗
to join your subterfuge?
恰恰相反
On the contrary,
她很乐意加入
she was all for it.
有人对她感兴趣
Someone taking an interest in her.
我想她挺受宠若惊的
I imagine she was flattered.
我想也是
I imagine she was.
如果你还有什么问题要问 摩斯
Now, if you've any more questions, Morse,
恐怕你得边走边问了
I'm afraid you'll have to put them to me on the hoof.
你最后一次见到玛丽是什么时候
When did you last see Mary?
今年早些时候
Sometime earlier in the year.
还有你给她补习的时候吗
And when you were tutoring her.
一周一次 或是两周一次
Once a week, once a fortnight.
差不多吧
Something like that.
下课后 在家
After lectures. At home.
看我什么时间方便
A case of when one could fit her in.
既然你认识玛丽
Since you knew Mary,
我必须问问你周六晚在什么地方
I'm bound to ask where you were Saturday night.
我在家
I was at home.
有人能证明吗
Anyone confirm that?
我妻子
My wife.
你妻子周六晚上有合唱团排练 不是吗
Your wife has choir practice on a Saturday evening, doesn't she?
听着 不管迈尔斯·珀西维尔是怎么想的
Look, whatever Miles Percival may have thought,
我和玛丽·谭姆莱特的关系
my relationship with Mary Tremlett
仅仅是个学术实验
was based wholly on an academic experiment.
那她是个好学生吗 斯特明博士
Did she prove an apt pupil, Dr. Stromming?
她很会靠死记硬背来瞒天过海
She had a facility for conning by rote.
但恐怕一段时间后
But I'm afraid, after a while,
之前醉酒时让人感到有趣的主意
what had in one's cups seemed amusing
就不再...合适了
no longer felt... quite right.
亚历克斯
Alex?
我说呢
Oh, I say.
真棒 你来得正好
Full marks. You timed that one rather well, didn't you?
大餐
Scoff.
当然还有一两瓶上等的红酒
And a bloody good claret or two, of course.
全部免费
Free and gratis.
如果你不介意
Oh, if it's all the same...
看来还在执勤吗
On duty, I suppose.
我得问你一件事
There is something I need to talk to you about.
关于玛丽·谭姆莱特
Mary Tremlett.
你和罗温·斯特明打的赌...
This bet that you have got with Rowan Stromming...
我知道了
Oh, I see.
唐纳德
Donald.
我还在想你为什么在校园里到处转悠
Yes, I was wondering why you were creeping about in college.
他们之间有更深层的关系吗
Was there anything more to their relationship?
除了那个赌局之外
Aside from this bet?
我觉得不会
Well, I wouldn't have thought so.
是够丰满的
Filled a sweater well enough,
但对我来说 身份卑微了些[女奴]
but a mite odalisque to my taste.
总归是寻常人家
Tout avec frites, I suppose.
土味儿洗不掉
Take the girl out of Cowley.
你以前不这么刻薄的
You didn't use to be so cruel.
可怜的老摩斯
Poor old Morse.
你从来都不是混牛津的料
You were never Oxford material.
太正派了
Too bloody decent by half.
阿宾顿4185
Abingdon 4185.
是的
Yes.
是的 我听说了
Yes, I have.
令人震惊
Shocking.
不
No.
我觉得这很明智
Well, I think that's wise.
我正准备动身去伦敦
Listen, I'm just about to leave for London.
如果有任何
You can reach me there
你觉得我该知道的事 打去那儿找我
if there's anything you think I should know.
斐拉克曼1788
Flaxman one-seven-double eight.
好吗
All right?
英军卷入这场纷争的
But that the involvement of British forces
可能性仍然很低
in the crisis remained unlikely.
与此同时 有报道称
Meanwhile, there are reports of fighting
南越和北越军队在东帅府展开激战
between South and North vietnamese troops in Dong Xoai.
其他新闻
In other news,
一份诗人珀西·比希·雪莱的
an early hand-written draft of Ozymandias
《奥兹曼迪亚斯》的早期手稿
by the poet Percy Bysshe Shelley
将在牛津的博德利图书馆展出
is to go on show at the Bodleian Library in Oxford.
手稿是于1♥8♥9♥3年捐赠给该馆的
Gifted to the library in 1♥8♥9♥3...
"寂寞平沙空莽莽
"Boundless and bare, the lone and level sands
伸向荒凉的四方"
stretch far away."
摩斯警员
Detective Constable Morse.
你有何贵干
What brings you here?
"客自海外归 曾见沙漠古国
"I met a traveler from an antique land,
有石像半毁 唯余巨腿
who said two vast and trunkless legs of stone
蹲立沙砾间
stand in the desert.
像座上大字在目
And on the pedestal these words appear:
吾乃奥兹曼迪亚斯
'My name is Ozymandias,
万王之王是也
King of Kings.
盖世功业 敢叫天公折服"
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'"
我恐怕不明白...
I'm afraid I don't...
我想你明白的 斯特明博士
Oh, I think you do, Dr. Stromming.
还是你更喜欢"奥兹"这个名字
Or would you prefer Oz?
奥兹曼迪亚斯
Ozymandias.
"盖世功业 敢叫天公折服"
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair."
但众所周知 纵横字谜的出题人
But then, crossword setters aren't exactly famed
一向自以为是
for a lack of self-regard.
慈爱的师长悉心指导
The gentle teacher bestowing wisdom
求知若渴的学生
upon the young and eager pupil?
或许起初真是这样
It may even have started out that way.
但后来却变了样 对吗
But it's not how it ended up, is it?
是怎么回事 斯特明博士
What happened, Dr. Stromming?
新鲜感过去后
Did you tire of her just as quickly,
你很快就厌倦她了吗
once the shine was off it?
还是你妻子开始怀疑了
Or was your wife getting suspicious?
萝莎琳什么都不知道
Rosalind had no idea.
还是玛丽·谭姆莱特威胁要告诉她
Did Mary Tremlett threaten to tell her, then? Is that it?
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表