剧集 | 死亡医师(2021) | 导航列表
Is that a fair assessment?
可以
Yeah.
他受到过良好的训练吗
Was he properly trained?
你觉得呢
What do you think?
你是否曾看到过他吸毒
Did you ever witness him take drugs?
萨莫斯先生
Mr. Summers?
-吸毒吗 -是的
- Take drugs? - Yes.
他会怎么样
What's gonna happen to him?
你是指什么
How do you mean?
如果我全都告诉你
If I tell you all this stuff,
会发生什么事
what is gonna happen?
我们会安排取证 让你做正式陈述
We'd schedule a deposition that'll go on the record,
然后会请你在法庭上作证
after which you'll testify in court
希望能给他定罪
and hopefully get a conviction
为你和其他受害人讨回公道
and justice for you and the others he hurt.
-所以他会进监狱吗 -我希望如此
- So he'll go to prison? - I hope so.
是我辜负了他
I didn't do right by him.
他那么努力 比任何人都努力
He worked so hard, harder than everybody.
从不停步
He never stopped.
然后他去医院工作
And then he takes a job at a hospital,
别人犯了错
someone else makes a mistake,
却怪罪他 说他是个糟糕的医生
and they blame him for it, saying he's a bad doctor.
你知道那会对一个人产生怎样的影响吗
You have any idea what that does to a person?
他很抑郁
He was depressed.
我只是想支持他
I just wanted to be there for him.
他需要成功一次
He needed a win.
所以你让他给你动手术了吗
That's why you let him operate on you?
让他成功
For a win?
我高中毕业就去看了脖子
I had my neck looked at right out of high school.
医生说我需要手术
The doctor said I needed surgery,
但那时生活不易
but life got in the way.
然后斯卡顿医生给我看诊
And then Dr. Skadden took a look at me.
斯卡顿 塞姆斯-墨菲医院的医生吗
Skadden? From Semmes-Murphy?
是克里斯的人情
Favor for Chris.
然后他不想给我手术
And he didn't want to operate.
说我血管狭窄还什么的
Said I had a narrow canal or something.
没有医疗保险
No insurance.
但是
But...
克里斯是我认识的最聪明的人
Chris is the smartest guy I know.
如果有人能做到 那一定是他
If anyone could do it, it was him.
所以是你提出让他给你手术的吗
So the operation was your idea?
对
Yeah.
换作是我
If I was in your position,
我会觉得沮丧 愤怒
I'd be upset, angry.
他害你变成这样 你怎么会毫不生气
How are you not angry at him for doing this to you?
我本可以阻止他
I could have stopped him.
我看见了
I saw it.
我很强壮 我本可以阻止他
I was strong, and I could have stopped him.
凯拉试图阻止他
Kayla tried to stop him.
-凯拉是谁 -凯拉·吉布森
- Who's Kayla? - Kayla Gibson.
是他田纳西大学的同学
With him at U.T.
她试图阻止他
She tried to stop him.
但我们只是玩玩 知道吗
But we were just having fun, you know?
你觉得他是故意的吗
Do you think he did it on purpose?
不
No.
你觉得他该被惩罚吗
Do you think he deserves to be punished?
他有家庭
He has a family.
你上次看到他是什么时候
When was the last time you saw him?
手术后他来看过你吗
Has he come to see you since the operation?
他来探望过他的朋友吗
Has he come to check in on his friends?
住口 住口
Stop. Stop, stop.
-他说过"对不起"吗 -出去 出去
- Has he said, "I'm sorry"? - Get out, get out.
-他不是你的朋友 杰瑞 -让她出去
- He's not your friend, Jerry. - Get her out.
-走吧 -他还杀了其他人
- Let's go. - He killed other people.
-走吧 -帮帮我吧
- Come on. - Just help me--
去你的 他是我朋友 好吗
Fuck you! He's my friend, okay?
-我们需要你作证 -他是我朋友
- We need you need to testify. - He's my fucking friend!
他是我朋友 他是我朋友
He's my friend! He's my fucking friend!
懂吗 他是我朋友
Okay? He's my fucking friend!
他是我朋友
He's my fucking friend!
去你的 他是我朋友
Fuck you. He's my fucking friend.
我给你们带来了更多欢乐
I bring you more glad tidings of joy.
谢谢
Thank you.
我得开始发明些破烂了
I gotta start inventing some shit.
-什么 -从01年到06年
- What? - From 2001 to 2006,
斯卡顿用美敦力
Skadden made $27 million
赚了两千七百万美金版税
in royalties from Medtronic.
全球最大的医疗器械公♥司♥
The largest medical device company in the world.
这对他们来说只是小钱
That's nothing to them.
2006起 "医疗器械制♥造♥商美敦力公♥司♥
From 2006, "Medical device maker Medtronic Inc.
同意支付四千万美元
"agreed to pay 40 million
和解政♥府♥的民事诉讼
"to settle government civil charges
即枢法模·丹历脊柱手术部门
"that its Sofamor Danek spinal surgery division
支付回扣案件
"paid kickbacks,
包括虚假版税合约
"including sham royalty agreements
给外科医生的奢华旅行
"and lavish trips to surgeons
贿赂他们使用公♥司♥的产品"
to induce them to use the company's products."
当然美敦力没承认违法
Medtronic is not admitting illegality, of course.
那是因为斯卡顿吗
Was that because of Skadden?
"脊柱手术专利很珍贵
"Spine surgery patents are valuable,
此方面的诉讼是个棘手情况
"and litigation in this area is tricky terrain.
"两位美敦力的顾问提到
"Two of the Medtronic consultants mentioned
在告密者案件中
"in the whistleblower case
从公♥司♥收获了几十万美元
"received hundreds of thousands of dollars from the company.
就职于孟菲斯的塞姆斯·墨菲医院的
"Geoffrey Skadden of the Semmes-Murphy clinic
杰弗里·斯卡顿和
in Memphis and--"
另外两个人的名字我不会念
some other dude whose name I can't pronounce,
是公认的手术发明家
"are highly regarded surgeon-inventors
在美敦力公♥司♥
"who have played a role
发展重要手术产品的方面
"in developing important surgery products
发挥了重大作用
"with Medtronic.
斯卡顿医生说他有超过五十个专利产品
"Dr. Skadden said that he has more than 50 issued patents
他也收到了合理的专利产品版税
"and that he has received reasonable royalties for inventions
这与他的行医并无关系"
that have nothing to do with his practice."
他的发明他拿钱 这没问题
Well, he deserves to get paid for his inventions.
我想是吧
I guess so.
这是证♥监♥会♥对椎间盘基因公♥司♥的备案
This is the SEC filing for Discgenics.
你能看到斯卡顿被列为
You can see that Skadden's listed
执行总裁和董事
as the Executive Officer and a Director.
那是在2007年 邓奇住院实习第三年
That's in 2007, three years into Duntsch's residency.
两年后 他进入了研究项目
Two years after that, he was admitted into the fellowship.
世事难料 真是天大的巧合
Well, how do you like that? What a coincidence.
你觉得斯卡顿为什么不说
Why do you think Skadden wouldn't mention
他是椎间盘基因公♥司♥的投资人
that he was an investor in Discgenics?
你会吗
Would you?
我想我会
I'd like to think I would.
但是
But?
也许不会说 因为我想隐瞒
Probably not, because I'd want to hide it.
因为这是错的
Because it's wrong.
我怎么能是他公♥司♥的投资人
How can I be an investor in his company
同时还是他研究项目的负责人
and the head of his fellowship at the same time?
这种叫什么来着 有人来回答一下吗
I mean, that's what we would call--anybody?
那就是利益冲突 罗伯特
That's the definition of a conflict of interest, Robert.
我爱你妻子
I'm in love with your wife.
我爱你
I am in love with you.
我知道
I know.
你们俩说的是违反了道德
The two of you are making a moral argument,
但不是法律
not a legal one.
而且他做的任何事都没有越界
And nothing he did crosses that line.
我想我们都能同意他已经狠狠地践踏了界限
I think we can all agree that he definitely pissed on it.
这就是美国 兰迪
剧集 | 死亡医师(2021) | 导航列表