No, you don't. College isn't just about the academic stuff.
不 你不了解 大学不光是学术知识
When I was in college, I fell in love,
在大学的时候 我坠入爱河
I learned how to live on my own.
还学会了自主生活
You should try that again sometime.
有空你应该重来一次
I...
我
Well, if it's about learning,
如果是要论学习
then I can get a library card for cheaper,
办张公共图书馆的卡更便宜
and if it's about life, that's what I'm gonna be living.
如果是论生活 我正要去体验生活
He's got a point.
他说的在理
You forget who's paying for dinner?
你忘了谁为晚餐买♥♥单
Listen to your parents, boy.
听你父母的话 小子
Dad...
爸
tell me the last time
告诉我上次
you used your Howard education at work.
你在工作中用到霍华德大学学历的时候
I use my degree every day.
我天天都用到我的学历
When I'm saving lives.
当我在拯救生命时
Every day.
每天哦
I cannot believe this.
我真不敢相信
Our son is going to throw his future away
我们儿子要抛弃前程
to manage some hashtags
去管理一些推特话题
for the guys in Migos. - Okay. Okay.
还是给Migos里的人 行了
Wait a minute.
等下
Migos is a group of guys?
Migos是一群人啊
Well, how many guys is in Drake?
那Drake里有多少人
What the hell was he thinking?!
他到底在想些什么
He wasn't thinking.
他就没思考
He's lost his mind!
他失去理智了
Dre, this entire year has been a waste!
Dre 这一年都浪费了
Yeah, well, yes, it has. And you know what?
是啊 而且你知道吗
It's your fault! Oh. What?
这都是你的错 什么
For supporting him!
因为你一直支持他
I miss the old days, Dre, when you would deal with him
我怀念以前 你会管着他
by just chopping him in the throat!
让他把话憋在嗓子里
You spent 18 years trying to get me to support him,
你花了18年让我支持他
and now that I finally do, you're mad?!
现在我终于肯了 你却生气了
Okay. Make up your mind, woman!
好吧 你想咋地 女人
This was not the plan.
计划可不是这样的
The plan was he was gonna go to college,
原计划是他去上大学
then he was gonna go to medical school, and then in 10 years,
然后再去医学院 10年后
someone was gonna call out "Dr. Johnson,"
有人喊Johnson医生
and we were both gonna turn around,
我们就能同时回头
and we would laugh and be like..."
一起大笑 说着
Which one? Do you mean him, or do you mean me?"
哪一个 你指他还是指我
That was the plan. God.
这才是原计划 天啊
What if he becomes an advertising lifer
万一他一辈子就搞广♥告♥了
with no higher education?
也没更高的学历
So, Junior, what do you got?
那么 Junior 你有什么想法不
I, uh, failed to complete my assignment,
我 呃 我没法完成我的任务
as my computer was compromised
因为我的电脑
by the possums squatting in my home office.
被我家庭办公室的负鼠啃坏了
Now, if you're wondering
现在如果你们想问
why didn't I just do my work in my kitchen nook,
我为什么不去厨房♥角落办公
simple...
答案很简单
more possums.
那里有更多负鼠
Hmm.
嗯
That makes sense to me.
听起来像那么回事
Wonderful vest.
背心挺好看
My son, he has that one. Hm.
我儿子也有一件 嗯
Eustace. Eustace.
Eustace Eustace
Who would've thought that dragging him into Stevens & Lido
谁会想到当初把他拉来Stevens & Lidos
would've led to this?
会变成这样
Seriously, what are we gonna do?
说真的 我们该做什么
Oh, my God. You know what, Bow?
上帝啊 你知道么 Bow
After a dowinner like that,
吃了那样一顿饭
he's gonna expect us to scream and go crazy.
他肯定以为我们会尖叫着疯掉
Mmhmm. All right?
嗯哼 对吧
But he and I have been developing
但是我和他在过去的几个月中
a new relationship over the past few months.
建立了新的关系
I'm gonna talk to him at work tomorrow...
我明天上班的时候跟他谈谈
and not as his angry father,
不是作为他的暴躁老爸
but as his mentor.
而是作为他的导师
Fine. Mmhmm.
好吧 嗯哼
You try that, Dre. I will.
你尽力好吗 Dre 我会的
But if it were up to me,
但是如果是我的话
I would not talk to him as his mother,
我也不会作为他的妈妈跟他谈
but as my foot up his ass!
我会直接用脚踹他的屁♥股♥
Damn.
靠
That was sexy.
太性感了
So, right now...
那么 现在
I'm not your father.
我不是你♥爸♥爸
I... am your mentor.
我 是你的导师
And your mentor uses his degree in every pitch,
你的导师在他工作的每一个案子 每一次头脑风暴 每一次客户会议
every brainstorm, every client meeting.
都会用到他的学历
The life experiences I got at Howard
我在霍华德大学的经历
inform my work every day.
启示我每一天的工作
Well, that's great. Mmhmm.
好吧 那挺好的 嗯哼
But who's to say my different life experiences
但是 谁说我不同的经历
won't bring a different flavor?
不会有新的味道呢
I mean, after all, if we all take the same path,
我是说 毕竟 如果我们每个人都走一样的路
then the view never changes.
那人们的想法观点就永远都不会变了
You know who the view never changes for?
你知道谁的想法从来都不会变么
My friend Tony from the neighborhood.
住在我家附近的一个朋友Tony
He didn't go to college.
他就没上大学
And now he's dead.
然后他死了
Yeah, but he didn't die from not going to college.
是 他又不是因为没上过大学死的
Excuse me?
你说什么
Are you some kind of cause-of-death scientist?
你是什么研究死因的科学家吗
I don't think so.
我觉得不是吧
Because you didn't go to college.
因为你没上过大学
Be smart.
聪明点
Tracking hashtags for some hip-hop group?
给一些搞嘻哈的运营话题
Where does that lead?
然后呢
Who knows?
谁知道
If I do well, there is no telling
如果我做的好 很难说
how many other artists will want to work with me.
会有多少搞艺术的想要跟我共事
Exactly, son.
没错 儿子
There is no telling.
很难说
So, you're telling me
所以你是想说
you've never wanted to break out on your own?
你就从来不想出格一回
Set up your own shop?
开家自己的公♥司♥吗
I mean, yeah,
我是说 是啊
eventually, maybe, when the time is right.
最后吧 可能 当时机到了的时候
Well, I'd rather take a risk now
好吧 我宁愿现在冒险一把
than wind up at a job that I hate for 20 years.
也不想在一个我不喜欢的岗位上自怨自艾20年
Hey. I never said that.
嘿 我没这样说过
You don't know what you're talking about,
你不知道你在说什么
and you don't know what you're doing.
也不知道你在做什么
I know what I'm doing.
我知道我在做什么
I'm betting on myself.
我在打一个赌
Don't be mad at me because I'm dunking
不要因为你靠奶奶给你开路
while you're shooting granny free throws.
而我靠自己努力奋斗就生气
Granny free throws, huh?
靠奶奶给我开路 是吧
Okay.
行吧
Here you go.
给你
Wait. What are you doing?
等一下 你在干什么
Well, you said some stuff, so...
是这样 你说了些话 所以
I packed some stuff.
我打包了些东西
Mom, are you okay with this?
妈 您不管管么
You made your decision.
你自己做的决定
Take care of yourself out there.
自己在外面照顾好自己
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表