America has been described as a cultural melting pot.
美国历来被叫做文化大染缸
Every major city has neighborhoods that reflect that diversity.
各大主要城市都有多元化社区
And they all have something to offer.
各有特色
People can go to Little Italy for great pasta,
小意大利有意大利面
Chinatown for acupuncture and Eastern medicine,
中国城有针灸和东方草药
and the Black part of town for...
而黑人区有
...nothing.
什么都没有
Because most Americans avoid the Black parts of town,
因为大多数美国人不去黑人区
and we could get into all the reasons why.
众所周知其原因
White flight, red lining, lack of business investment,
白人♥大♥迁移 红线禁区 缺少商业投资
slumlords, predatory lending, restrictive covenants...
恶房♥东 掠夺性借贷 限制性协定
I could go on.
不胜枚举
But let's just say "Racism."
简而言之就是"种族歧视"
See, while other cultural neighborhoods are seen as exotic,
其他人文社区被视为有异域风情
Black ones are stereotyped as dangerous.
而黑人社区给人的刻板印象是危险
But these neighborhoods are lively and vital.
其实这些黑人社区富有活力
They go by a lot of names...
尽管叫法不同
Harlem, Watts, Treme, and Atlanta.
比如哈林区 沃茨区 特莱姆区和亚特兰大区
But they're all one thing to us...
但对于我们来说的意义是一样的
home.
这是我们的家
Yep.
没错
Oh, hey! Hey, guys!
嘿 嘿 大家
So, how was your day out?
今天出门怎么样
It was great. Mmhmm.
棒极了 嗯嗯
Except for the fact that your kids are scared of Black people.
只不过你们的孩子害怕黑人
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
Well, uh, they got scared as soon as they got to my neighborhood.
这个 他们一到我那儿就害怕了
I would say "Scurred," But I think that would be too black,
应该说是"犯怵"但这么说难免太黑人了
and I don't want them afraid of me, too.
而且我不想他们也怕起我来
Okay, guys...
好吧 你们俩
What did you do?
你们干了什么
Nothing.
没什么
Don't... Don't listen to Auntie Rhonda.
别 别听Rhonda姑姑说
Yeah. How can we be afraid of Black people?
就是 我们怎么会怕黑人呢
We're Black people.
我们就是黑人
Mm. Mm-hmm.
呵呵呵
Okay, then why did you lock the car door as soon as we crossed Adams?
好吧 那为什么在穿过亚当斯区时你马上就锁了车门
Jack's deathly afraid of falling out of moving cars.
Jack最怕高速坠车了
It's called "Hodophobia."
这叫"旅行恐怖症"
Google it. Mmhmm.
你可以搜一下 嗯嗯
What about Jack standing at the front door the entire time
那我们在勒布朗詹姆斯卡卡圈坊时
we were at the LeBron James Krispy Kreme?
你一直站在前门是为什么
Jack's deathly afraid of earthquakes.
因为Jack最怕地震了
Seismophobia.
这叫地震恐惧症
What else you got?
你还有什么要说
The soul food spot,
在吃饭的时候
when you said you needed to go to the bathroom as a group "Just to be safe."
你说要集体去卫生间 为了"安全起见"
Jack's deathly afraid of hand dryers.
因为Jack怕死烘手♥机♥了
I'm a mess, okay? What?
我就是啥都怕 咋样
This is your fault, Dre.
这就是你的错了 Dre
If the boy is soft, it's because of Bow.
如果这孩子太软弱了 那都怪Bow
What?!
什么
I told you not to nurse him for that long.
我跟你说了不要给他哺乳那么久
Dre, you told me we needed to save money on food.
Dre 你当时说的是我们要节省饮食开支
Dre, the reason they're scared of Black neighborhoods
Dre 他们怕黑人区的原因
is because you don't bring them down there enough.
是你没有经常带他们去
But since you have hundreds of dollars just
不过自从你有了几百美元的闲钱
chillin' so you can buy some diamond earrings,
去买♥♥钻石耳钉后
I'm sure you can turn your back on the community.
我确信你可以背弃你的族群
Okay, first off, they cost
好吧 首先 这耳钉花了
thousands of dollars.
几千美元
And secondly, I did not turn my back on my community.
其次 我没有背弃我的族群
I'm not down there often because it's too far.
我没常去只是因为太远了
I've seen you drive 15 miles for a Cronut.
我见过你为了买♥♥个羊角甜甜圈能开出去15英里
That's nothing. Have you ever had a Cronut?
那不算什么 你吃过羊角甜甜圈吗
You talkin' 'bout how my baby like Cronuts?
你在聊我的宝贝有多喜欢羊角甜甜圈吗
Okay, look, Rhonda,
好吧 你看 Rhonda
we work hard to make sure the twins are surrounded with Black life and culture.
我们辛苦工作就是为了保证他们融入黑人生活和文化
Yeah! My babies are plenty black.
就是 我的宝贝们可黑人了
They know spades, dominoes... Mmhmm. Yep.
他们知道黑桃 多米诺骨牌 嗯嗯
...bid whist...
惠斯特桥牌
Black Sorry.
黑人道歉
I was so good at "My Bad!"
我玩"我错了"可厉害了
What? Mmhmm.
啥 嗯嗯
So, yeah, Rhonda,
好了 Rhonda
our kids are around a lot of Black people.
我们孩子身边有很多黑人
Some would say too many.
也许还太多了呢
And when I say "Too many," I mean Ruby.
这个太多指的就是Ruby
Okay, you know what?
好了
There's a simple way to settle this.
有个简单的办法弄清楚
Children,
孩子们
are you "Scurred" of Rhonda's neighborhood?
你们有不敢去Rhonda姑姑的社区吗
No. No.
没有 没有
See? There you have it.
瞧 答案你有了
Well, you believe what you want, Dre,
行了 随你爱信什么 Dre
but I know what I saw.
但我相信我所看到的
I blew it at work.
我工作搞砸了
Wh... Did a patient die?
啊 有病人死了吗
No.
没有
Probably.
也许有
This is worse.
但我这件事更糟
Happy birthday to you
祝你生日快乐
Whoo! Yeah!
噢 耶
Amazing!
太好了
I'm touched. Aww.
我好感动 噢
You know it's been a big year for me, and...
你们知道今年对我来说很重要 还有
Yes. Yeah, yeah. Cake time.
没错 好好好 该切蛋糕了
Let's go! Here we go! Yeah. Okay. What? All right.
开始吧 来来来 好吧 什么 行吧
Hey! Oh, my God! Okay. Hold on!
嘿 哦我的天 好吧 等等
Hold on! That's a good piece right there...
等一下 这块不错
Okay, okay, let me just... just... let me... let me do it.
好了好了 让我来 让 我来 我来切吧
I'm just gonna... I'll... Yep.
我来切 我来吧
Okay, so, when you have a big cake like this,
好 在有这么大一个蛋糕的时候
you wanna... you wanna make a circle around the middle...
需要 需要在中间切出一个圆
...just in here like this, right? Mmhmm.
就像这样 嗯嗯
'Cause then, when you cut the pieces,
因为这样再切的时候
they are all a nice manageable size.
每块都大小适宜了
See why that happens?
知道为什么了么
Nicely done! Thank you so much.
切得真好 谢谢你了
Yeah. Oh. Okay.
就是这样 喔 好吧
This is your job now. Mazel.
这活归你了 恭喜
Why me?
为什么是我
I mean, you're a mother of five.
因为你有五个孩子
You obviously know your way around a birthday cake.
显然你很了解怎么分蛋糕
May I please have a piece with a flower?
能麻烦给我一块带花的吗
Ooh, I think I should get the flower.
喔 我觉得有花的该给我
It's my birthday. No offense.
就事论事 这毕竟是我生日
And now I'm seen as "The mom."
所以现在我变成"妈妈"级人物了
But you are a mom.
但你不就是妈妈吗
Being "The office mom" Is a trap.
在工作场所当妈是个坑
You're never seen as an equal.
永远被视为低人一等
That's why I don't think about you or talk about you at work.
所以我上班都不会想你 甚至提起你
You don't? No.
不想不提 不想不提
But I'm such a braggable kid!
可我是个多么值得夸耀的孩子
You're so proud of me, right?
你很为我自豪的 不是吗
Of course I am!
当然自豪
Sweetheart, you don't think I want to scream about you from the rooftops?
宝贝 你以为我就不想站在屋顶大声说你的事吗
About your SAT scores and your podcast?
或者说说你的高考成绩和你的博客吗
Oh, my God, Junior,
哦天哪 Junior
you are my heart walking around outside my body!
你是我身上掉下的心头肉
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表