some kind of way.
有点不对
All right, baby, no. Listen, listen, listen.
不管了 宝贝 听着 听好
You're a young lady now,
你现在是个少女了
and you need your privacy.
你得有自己的隐私空间
Huh?
对吧
Before you and Jack grow up to be little weirdos
不然你和Jack就会变成两个小怪胎
the family doesn't bring to cookouts.
全家出门野餐都不会带你们
Well, you've never been a twin before,
你没有双胞胎兄弟姐妹
so of course you don't understand our bond.
你当然不懂我们之间的关系
Look, me and Jack, we're like bacon and eggs.
听着 我和Jack就像培根和煎蛋
Or... you and shoplifting.
或是 你和顺手牵羊
What? What's that you're saying?
什么 你刚说什么
Hey, don't act brand-new.
嘿 别装傻了
Yeah.
好吧
Grandma, I love you,
奶奶 我爱你
but I think you're making a big deal out of nothing.
但我觉得你有点大惊小怪了
Toss me the coconut oil, please.
请把椰子油扔给我
I'm trying to make my triceps pop.
我想让我的肱三头肌明显一点
Little weirdos the family doesn't bring to cookouts.
全家出门野餐都不会带的小怪胎
Whoa.
哇哦
What's wrong, Dre?
怎么了 Dre
Are two rappers you care for "Beefin'"?
是不是你喜欢的两个饶舌歌♥手撕逼了
No.
不是
Junior came back from college after two days.
Junior在大学里呆了两天就回家了
Ah, one of those Doogie Howser types, huh?
啊 他也是天才少年型的吗
Where's he going to grad school at?
他打算去哪儿念研究生
My alma mater? Real College University?
去我的母校 还是真材实料的大学
No. He's taking a gap year.
不是 他要过一个空档年
What? That's great news!
什么 这是好消息啊
Dre, a gap year is an awesome opportunity
Dre 空档年是绝佳的机会
to sow some wild oats,
去放荡不羁一番
see the world, and become the men we were meant to be.
大开眼界 然后变成命中注定的样子
Of course, I didn't get to do any of that
当然 这些我都没做过
because I was in a full-body cast due to Mono.
那时我正因为Mono而接受治疗 全身打满了石膏
That's not how mono works.
单核细胞增多症不是那样治的
No, no. Mono was an Italian bully.
不 不 Mono是一个意大利恶霸
Yeah, put me in the hospital day one of my gap year.
没错 空档年的第一天他就把我打进医院了
Mm. Okay, look, so you guys think gap years are okay?
嗯 好吧 所以你们认为空档年是可以接受的
Oh, yeah, they're great! Mmhmm.
是的 空档年很不错 嗯哼
For us. But not great for you guys.
对我们来说是的 对你们就不一样了
Look, you should absolutely be worried
听着 你绝对应该担心
if Junior is thinking about taking a gap year
Junior过空档年的问题
because according to a recent study,
因为一项最新研究显示
if he does, he's going to be homeless.
如果他过空档年 他以后会无家可归
What are you talking about?
你胡说什么呢
Oh, this is outstanding.
哦 这可太棒了
For the past five years,
过去五年间
I've been an unwilling party to you dropping knowledge.
我不情愿地被你灌输了许多知识
Well, guess what.
你猜怎么着
Now it's my turn.
现在轮到我了
And, spoiler alert, what I'm about to tell you
而且 剧透来了 我要跟你说的事
has nothing to do with slavery!
和奴隶制毫无关系
Ah. Okay.
哦 好吧
As I was saying,
正如我所说
a recent study showed that rich, young white males
一项最新研究表明 年轻富有的白人男性
are more likely to stay well-to-do,
更有可能保持富有
while rich, young black males
而年轻多金的黑人男性则不然
are more likely to become poor than they are to stay rich.
相比保持富有 他们更可能变穷
There are a variety of potential causes for this...
这是由许多潜在因素造成的
imbalanced incarceration rates, employment bias,
不公平的收监率 就业歧视
and discriminatory housing policies, to name a few.
以及歧视性的住房♥政策 例子很多
But, really, it all stems from institutionalized racism
但说真的 这些都源于制度化的种族主义
reaching back into America's past as a slave-holding...
可追溯到美国作为奴隶贸易国的时期
Damn it!
该死
Slavery affects everything!
什么都跟奴隶制有关
It's almost like we need to keep talking about it.
好像越不想说它就越得说
All roads lead to slavery.
条条大路都通向奴隶制
Except for the 5 Freeway.
除了5号♥洲际公路
That'd, uh, take you to Portland.
它通向波特兰
Unless you're going south.
除非你往南走
That goes straight to slavery.
那就是直奔奴隶制了
Okay, so your point is, as hard as I've worked,
所以你的意思是 我这么努力工作
my son is still not safe?
我儿子的未来还是难以保障
I cannot let him take his foot off the gas.
我不能让他有片刻放松
Exactly. No gaps in the resume.
没错 简历里可不能有"空档"
You do not want to give an excuse
你不能给我和我的白人同胞们
for me and my brethren not to hire him.
一个不雇佣他的借口
I once took a morning off
我有一次因为约了牙医
for a dental appointment.
请了一上午的假
Didn't work for three years after that.
结果之后三年都没工作
The next time I did work,
等我终于找到工作时
all my suits were out of fashion.
我所有的西装都过时了
And it left me with a gang of buttons.
给我留下一大堆纽扣
Ugh.
天啊
Stevens freaked me out.
Stevens的话吓到我了
Hopefully, Bow was making some progress
希望Bow能劝动Junior
in getting Junior back to college.
让他愿意回学校去
Knock, knock.
我可以进来吗
Oh. Hey, Mom.
哦 嗨 妈妈
How are you doing?
你还好吗
Where's Dad? It's just me.
爸爸呢 只有我在
Oh, thank God, because I think I'm freaking out, Mom.
哦 谢天谢地 我完全吓坏了 妈妈
I thought I was ready,
我以为我准备好了
but then I got to school, and I was not ready!
但当我踏入学校 才发现我没准备好
Fam, you don't have a major?
伙计 你还没选好专业吗
Nah, I was just gonna take some classes and figure it out.
没有 我想先上一些课再决定
Well, have you chosen an adviser?
好吧 那你选导师了吗
Uh...
呃
Yo, son, are you serious right now?
哟 老弟 你不是认真的吧
You have to pick the right professor
你得选对教授
because they're gonna set you up with the right internship.
因为他们能为你安排合适的实习岗位
Bong, job.
砰 工作有了
Bong, career.
砰 职业搞定
Bong, paper!
砰 论文完成
You're wild for the night, son.
你小心玩脱了 老弟
Why'd he keep saying "Bong"?
你干嘛一直说"砰"
I don't know. That freaked me out, too.
我不知道 这也吓到我了
Sweetheart, I know. It's just...
宝贝 我知道 只是
It was... It's such a scary city,
只是因为 那是个可怕的城市
with all those noisy cars
喧闹的车流
and roommates with beards that connect.
还有留着连鬓胡子的室友
Yeah. Oof.
没错 是啊
But it's just nerves.
但你只是紧张罢了
It's gonna pass.
会好起来的
It's not nerves, and... it wasn't just Marques.
我不是紧张 不只是因为Marques
I mean, being there made me realize
我觉得 在那边让我意识到
I have no idea what I want.
我完全不知道自己要什么
And I think I need some time to figure it out.
我想我需要时间来想清楚
That's what the four years of college is for.
这就是大学四年的意义所在
No, I-I need a gap year.
不 我需要空档年
Do you? I do.
你需要吗 需要
Do you, though? I do.
你真的需要吗 真的需要
Do you? Yes.
你确定吗 我确定
O-Okay.
好吧
Okay, so you want to take some time, potench.
好吧 假设你需要时间缓一缓
So, what's the plan?
那你是怎么计划的呢
I-I don't really have one.
我还没有计划
Okay.
好吧
Well, I... It totally makes sense to me
我懂 我完全理解
that you would leave one plan for no plan,
你会抛下现有的计划 即使你没有新计划
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表