No matter who you are or where you're from,
无论你是谁 从哪儿来
there's one thing we all have in common.
有一点我们一定相同
We're all going to die.
那就是我们都会死
And every culture has its own way
每一种文化都有其独特的
of saying goodbye to their loved ones.
向所爱之人告别的方式
Take the Vikings.
以维京人为例
They'd send their dead out on a wooden boat,
他们会用木船把死者送出海面
then shoot it with a burning arrow.
然后用燃烧的箭射它
Super cool...
酷毙了
unless you went to summer camp across the lake.
除非你要跨湖去参加夏令营
Greek widows wear all black for the rest of their lives,
希腊的寡妇则是在余生中只穿黑衣服
as if to say, "I'm never going to stop mourning my husband,
仿佛是在表示"我将永远怀念我的丈夫
and I'm not mad at looking slim."
我也不介意看起来更苗条"
Here's how we do it in America.
在美国 我们是这样做的
You can post one memorial on your Instagram for likes.
你可以在Instagram上发一篇悼文来求赞
You get a couple of casseroles...
收获几份砂锅菜
hopefully not vegan.
最好不是素的
After that, anything you put on Facebook is just a bummer...
之后 你在Facebook上发的任何相关东西都很扫兴
...because no matter how much you love that person you lost...
因为无论你有多么爱你失去的那个人
...life goes on...
生活都会继续
...except when it doesn't.
除非它停滞不前
Andre.
Andre
Okay.
好吧
Bow!
Bow
Your mom's here!
你妈妈来了
I'm sorry I'm such a mess. No, it's okay.
对不起 我真是一团糟 没关系
That's why we wanted you to be here for Dad's birthday...
这就是为什么在爸爸生日这天 我们希望你来这里
so we could support you.
这样我们就可以支持你
And we're here for you, anything you need.
我们就在这里 你需要什么尽管开口
Like, if you need this to be a mother-daughter moment,
比方说 如果你现在需要一些母女时刻
I can go to the Clipper game.
我可以去看快船队的比赛
Oh, no, it's good for you to be here.
不 你在这里正好
Your pheromones are just like Paul's.
你的味道和Paul非常像
I... Yep.
我 是的
Ah. Great.
啊 真棒
Glad me and my arm could be here for you.
很荣幸我和我的手臂能在这里陪你
He means it. He means it. Yeah.
他是真心的 真心的 是啊
If you can believe it, Mom, he's been amazing.
信不信由你 妈妈 他一直都表现得非常棒
Yeah.
是的
It's been very unlike me.
一点都不像我
Mmhmm. Mmhmm.
嗯哼 嗯哼
This is my first time back at your house
这是你♥爸♥爸走了之后
without your father. I know.
我第一次来你家 我知道
It's been... It's been really hard.
这真的 真的很艰难
It has. But he is alive in our hearts.
真的 但他活在我们的心中
And you know what I've been doing with the kids?
你知道我最近和孩子们在做些什么吗
Every week, we have been making...
每一周 我们都一起
...the famous Pasta a la Paul together.
做著名的Paul招牌意面
And I even taught them how to say,
我还教会他们怎么说
"That's aspicy meataball!" "Spicy meataball!"
"那似一个辣又丸" "辣又丸"
Unh, unh, unh, unh, unh.
呃 呃 呃 呃 呃
All the rigatoni in the world ain't gonna help you.
世上所有的通心粉都帮不了你
You need to grieve the right way.
你需要正确的哀悼方式
Yes, Ruby. Uhhuh.
是的 Ruby 呃
We all know how you grieve. Mmhmm.
我们都知道你是怎么哀悼的 嗯哼
All right, it's go time.
好了 该上了
Mama, it's not that kind of funeral!
妈妈 这不是那种葬礼
Yeah, well, every funeral is that kind of funeral!
胡说 所有的葬礼都一样
Oh, no! Aah!
哦不 啊
Mama, that was your mechanic.
妈妈 那只是你的技工
Was it? Yeah.
是吗 是的
Hm. I haven't thought about him since.
唔 我在那之后都没想起过他了
Anyway, that's the way you grieve.
总之 这才是哀悼的正确方式
That's the way you move on.
这才是放下的最佳方法
Thank you. Yeah.
谢谢你 是啊
Ruby, thanks.
Ruby 谢谢你
Is she right?
她是对的吗
Does she seem right?
她看起来像是对的吗
What you need to do is go upstairs and relax.
你需要做的就是上楼放松一下
And then, tomorrow, all of us together,
然后明天 我们所有人一起
we're gonna make Pasta a la Paul.
做Paul招牌意面
That sounds lovely. Yeah.
听起来很不错 没错
Dre, you don't mind if I lie down in your bed,
Dre 你不会介意我在你床上躺一会儿
do you? Uh, of course not.
对吧 呃 当然不介意
You know, anything you need.
只要你需要
You know, just...
你懂的 就是
just stay on the right side of the bed,
只要你睡在床的右侧
on top of the covers.
躺在被子上
I can't believe it. I feel so bad for her.
难以置信 我真的替她感到难过
Dre, she... she spent every minute...
Dre 她 她过去的每一分每一秒
with my dad, and...
都是跟我爸爸在一起
and now she's got to sleep in that king-sized hammock
可现在她要独自一人睡在那张
all by herself?
超大吊床上
Wow.
哇
God, I'm so... I'm so lucky
天呐 我真的超级 超级幸运
I have work, the kids, and you to keep me strong.
我有工作 有孩子们 还有你 能让我坚强
Aww, babe.
哦 宝贝
I keep you strong?
我让你坚强吗
Eh, well...
呃 其实
It's just what you say.
就是说说而已
Yeah.
好吧
Oh, guys, guess what.
哦 伙计们 你猜怎么着
I forgot. I have three tickets to an MMA fight.
我忘记了 我有三张MMA的门票
Seriously? That's awesome!
真的吗 太酷了
Well, one's for me, and one's for my Nana Jean,
一张是我的 一张是给Jean奶奶的
so technically, I only have one ticket.
所以严格来说 我只剩一张票了
Wow. Sounds like you kids have a conundrum.
哇哦 看来你们遇到了一个难题
Dude, were you just waiting in the hallway?
老哥 你刚刚是一直在走廊上候着吗
I'm supervising.
我在监督你们
One foot on the floor...
一只脚放在地板上
90 degrees, open the door.
九十度 把门开着
You feel me, Chief?
懂了吗 小哥
Good.
那就好
Anyways... who wants to go?
总之 谁想去
Ooh, me! Me, obviously!
哦 我 显然是我
Sorry you'll have to miss it, Diane.
很遗憾你去不成了 Diane
I'm not missing it. You're missing it.
我才不会去不成 去不成的是你
You don't even know anything about MMA.
你根本不了解MMA
That is not true. I love...
才不是 我爱
Mixed Man Action.
混合人行动
Mm-hmm. See what I'm saying?
嗯哼 你懂我意思吧
Diane it is.
那就选Diane了
Meet me at my house at 5:00 on Saturday.
星期六五点在我家碰面
Okay.
好
Jack, if I get "Yo Gabba Gabba!" Tickets,
Jack 如果我弄到了"嘎巴宝宝"的门票
I'll call you.
我会通知你的
Here you go.
给你
And, uh... Ohh, what's wrong, Dre?
还有 你怎么了 Dre
Ah, don't tell me.
等等 先别说
You finally got the bill for all your man jewelry?
你终于收到你那些男士饰品的帐单了吗
No.
不是
Bow's mother is staying with us for the first time
Bow的妈妈在Bow爸爸去世以来
since Bow's father died, and she is really depressed.
第一次来我们家 而且她非常沮丧
I don't want to sound insensitive,
我不想表现得麻木不仁
but I hate her.
但是我讨厌她
Bow's dad is the white parent, right?
Bow的爸爸是白人 对吗
Yeah. Dear God, Dre!
是的 苍天啊 Dre
She has suffered a terrible loss.
她承受了巨大的损失
We all have.
我们都是
Every time a white man dies,
每次有白人死去
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表