That was a pretty dramatic exit,
你这离开的可真戏剧性
right up there with when you got thrown out of Dodger Stadium
快赶上你那次因为不肯把界外球还给小朋友
for not giving a foul ball to a kid.
被轰出道奇体育馆了
I didn't know it was his wish.
我不知道他想要
Look, I know you hate that
听着 我知道你不愿接受
Jack and Diane are starting to like things that you don't.
Jack 和Diane开始喜欢你不喜欢的东西
Up until now, they basically only liked whatever you told them to.
这之前他们基本只喜欢你让他们喜欢的东西
Hey, not true.
嘿 不是这样的
Jack's favorite movie is "Juice."
Jack最喜欢的电影是<哈雷兄弟>
He came to that on his own.
他是自己喜欢上的
And look, man. I don't care.
听着 兄弟 我不在乎
I'm never, ever going to like camping.
我永远都不会喜欢野营
Black people don't camp.
黑人不野营
It's wrong.
那是错误的
This sounds really familiar.
听起来真耳熟
When I was Diane and Jack's age,
我像Diane和Jack那么大的时候
you took me to see "Harry Potter," and I loved it.
你带我去看<哈利波特> 我很喜欢
But you said you hated it
但是你说你讨厌它
because Black people weren't into wizards.
因为黑人不喜欢巫师
I stand by that.
确实如此
Yeah, but that's when you decided
是的 那时候开始你就决定
you weren't into a lot of the stuff I was getting into.
你不喜欢很多我喜欢的东西
So we pretty much stopped doing things together.
所以我们基本上不再一起玩了
Son, what are you talking about, man?
儿子 你在说什么
We do things together.
我们有一起玩啊
You're my favorite.
你是我的最爱
Oh, Dad, let's not do this.
哦 老爸 别来这一套
Okay. You know you're at least in the top five for sure.
好吧 你至少排在前五肯定没问题
See that?
看吧
Hey, man. We mess with each other.
嘿 我们互相开玩笑
We have a back-and-forth, and...
我们互相交流意见 还有
I think that's kind of cool.
我觉得这样就挺好的
Yeah, actually, it is.
是的 确实是
But we could've had more.
但是我们还能更进一步
True.
确实
The window's still open with the twins.
双胞胎的窗户仍然为你打开
I hear you.
我明白
Ooh, I don't know about this "La La Land," Devanté.
哦 我不是很懂这部<爱乐之城> Devanté
Ryan Gosling is saving jazz from John Legend?
Ryan Gosling从John Legend的手中拯救爵士乐吗
I don't think so.
没搞错吧
Hey.
嘿
Oh, oh. I wasn't, uh...
哦 哦 我没有 呃
I wasn't giving him screen time and Pringles.
我没给他看电影 也没吃品客薯片
It's fine. Nothing matters.
没关系 没什么大不了的
What's wrong with you?
你怎么了
Do you ever feel like you see something that no one else can see?
你有没有过能看到别人看不到的东西的经历
Are you talking about that ghost in the laundry room?
你是在说洗衣房♥的鬼吗
No, everybody knows about him.
不是 大家都知道他
This surgeon said something to me
有个医生对我说了一些话
that I think was kind of racist, but no one else could see it.
我觉得有点种族歧视 但是别人不这么觉得
What'd he say?
那男的说什么了
She. She?
是个女的 女的
Yes, Ruby. Women can be doctors.
是的 Ruby 女人也可以是医生
Not my doctors!
我的医生可不行
Oh, my God.
我的天
They got to be older than me, more man than me,
他们要比我更老 更有男人味
and more Jewish than me.
还得是犹太人
I'm from a different time.
我是上个世纪的人
Well, she acted overly surprised that I went to USC.
那位女医生 对我上南加州大学表示非常惊讶
And that's your problem? Yes.
所以你介意的就是这个吗 是的
It was an insult... classic micro-aggression.
这是侮辱 典型的微歧视
Microaggression? Yeah.
微歧视 是的
Well, in my day, we had aggression aggressions.
在我那个时代 我遇到过赤♥裸♥裸的歧视
So don't talk to me
所以别跟我说什么歧视
until you've been called the n-word
除非你被人骂作黑鬼的时候
while walking out of the hospital with your newborn baby.
正抱着你刚出生的宝宝走出医院
Oh, my God. I'm so sorry that happened.
我的天 我很抱歉发生了这样的事
I didn't know that.
我不知道你遇到过这种事
But what I'm talking about is different, Ruby.
但我的情况不一样 Ruby
I-I accomplished something huge today,
我 我今天完成了一件大事
and now every time I look at this thing,
现在每当我看到这个
I'm gonna think of what she said to me.
我就会想起她说的话
It's ruined.
都被毁了
So what are you gonna do about it?
那你打算怎么办
What can I do about it?
我还能怎么办
Well, I handed baby Dre to the security guard
我把宝宝Dre交给保安
and chased that truck down!
然后追了那辆卡车一路
Well, that makes sense.
那是应该的
That kind of racism's so in-your-face.
那种歧视就是明目张胆的
I mean, who could deny it?
我的意思是 谁能否认
But what I'm talking about is more subtle.
但我的情况更微妙
It's when you feel it in your gut,
就是你明明感觉到了
but no one backs you up.
但是没人支持你
Oh, I get it.
哦 我懂了
Like with Obama.
就像奥巴马
Everyone said he was so well-spoken.
大家都说他口才很好
But we all knew what they meant by that.
但我们都知道他们什么意思
Yeah, we did.
是的
It didn't take away the fact
但这并不能改变
that he was president for eight years.
他当了八年总统的这个事实
And you...
而你
shouldn't let them take away your joy.
不应该任他们夺走你的快乐
Thank you, Ruby.
谢谢你 Ruby
What'd you do when you caught that truck?
你追上卡车之后做了什么
Oh, he got away.
哦 让他逃走了
You know, when I got back, I'm not even sure
我回去的时候 我甚至不确定
if the security guard gave me back the same baby.
保安给我的是不是原来的宝宝
What?
什么
But it was the '70s.
但那是在七十年代
You know, I'm from a different time.
我是上个世纪的人
Yeah.
嗯
Dre is definitely your baby.
Dre绝对是你的孩子
There's no question there.
毋庸置疑
So when they went out into the backyard...
他们走进后院之后
they found...
他们发现
A young-looking dad in the swaggiest of jeans
一个年轻的父亲穿着最酷的牛仔裤
who thought...
他以为
he knew his kids.
他懂孩子们
Oh, no. He's back.
哦 不 他回来了
Who is watching the gate?
有人看着大门吗
This is not a safe place!
这里不安全
Excuse me, sir.
对不起 先生
Only the person with the flashlight is supposed to talk.
只有拿着手电筒的人才能说话
These are the rules of the fire.
这是篝火大会的规矩
Where'd he get that phone?
他哪儿来的手♥机♥
Anyway...
总之
this swaggy dad thought his kids would be just like him.
酷炫老爹以为孩子们会和自己一样
But they weren't.
但他们不是
They loved unlikable things
他们喜欢令人讨厌的东西
like whittling and bird watching and wizards.
比如做木雕 观鸟和巫师
So the dad realized
于是父亲认识到
that instead of hating on all the new things that they loved,
与其讨厌所有他们喜欢的新事物
he would try... I mean, really try...
他愿意尝试 我是说 真正试着
to enjoy those things with them while he still can.
和他们一起享受那些事 趁他还有机会
Because he didn't want that door to close on him.
因为他不想让那扇门关闭
It was a window.
应该是一扇窗户
It... It doesn't matter. Door's good, too.
没关系 门也挺好的
Anyway, I'm gonna do better.
总之 我会做得更好
Will you guys forgive me?
你们愿意原谅我吗
Okay, fine. Bring it in, Dad.
行吧 来吧 老爸
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表