Dre... Is she?
Dre 她是吗
She's 13.
她已经13岁了
When I was 13, I was managing an Arby's.
我13岁的时候已经在经营一家Arby's快餐店了
Yeah. We baby our kids longer than we used to.
没错 现在的父母老是觉得孩子长不大
The twins are our babies.
双胞胎就是我们的宝贝啊
They were your babies.
他们曾经是你们的宝贝
That's your problem.
这就是你们的问题所在
You keep seeing them for who they were,
你们一直用旧眼光看待他们
not for who they are.
而没有正视他们的成长
Now, they're in separate rooms.
现在 他们有了自己的房♥间
Diane's had her period,
Diane来了月经
and Jack has a training mustache.
Jack长胡子了
You know what? You're right.
你知道吗 你是对的
I know the kids are getting older, and I'm okay with that. I just...
我知道孩子们在长大 我也可以接受 我只是
I just wish Diane wouldn't keep these kinds of things from me.
我只希望Diane不要什么都不告诉我
Oh, so when you were her age,
哦 那你和她一样大的时候
you told your mom about all the boys you were with?
你会把你所有男朋友都告诉你妈吗
Oh, no. And you're still close with her...
哦 不 但你和她还是很亲密
Yeah. ... even though she's terrible.
是的 尽管她很糟糕
Oh, my God.
我的天
Look, I don't know if I can keep her safe
如果她什么都不告诉我们
if she doesn't tell us stuff.
我不敢说我能保护她
If y'all keep acting all crazy,
如果你们反应这么激烈
she's gonna tell you less.
她只会越说越少
Now, like it or not, she's gonna have a door,
无论你们喜不喜欢 她都会拥有一扇门
and it's up to y'all
你们来决定
whether it's the door to her room or the door to her heart.
这扇门是她房♥间的门 还是心门
Okay?
好吗
What are you doing?
你在干嘛
Why are you reading?
你为什么在读书
Dad banned me from screens,
爸爸不让我玩电子产品
so I got into Grandma's books.
所以我开始看奶奶的书
讲述四位黑人女性好友各自的爱情、婚姻、事业生活
书为<待到梦醒时分> 作者是Terry McMillan
Did you know that women have rich inner lives?
你知道只要女人有丰富的精神世界
And a married man's never gonna leave his wife?
她的丈夫就不会离开她吗
You know, Jack?
你知道吗 Jack
I, too, have been waiting to exhale.
我也在等待梦醒时分
Niecy dumped me. Hang on.
Niecy甩了我 等一下
Let me get into real-talk position.
让我换一个正式谈话的姿势
You know, I don't know what went...
我不知道哪里出了
I don't know what went wr...
我不知道哪里出了钅
Proceed.
继续
I don't know what went wrong, you know?
我不知道哪里出了错
I took her to the park in the middle of the night,
我大半夜的带她去公园
we hopped in the sand,
我们跳进沙子里
and I made her look for Devanté's Bubbasnug
我还为了Devanté的奶嘴毯
for two and a half hours.
让她找了两个半小时
Huh, you know, now that I put it all together,
哈 现在一回想
I was being a little crazy.
确实是我发疯了
I'm gonna call her and patch it up.
我要打电♥话♥给她挽回一下
No, no, no, no.
不 不 不 不
You weren't being crazy.
不是你发疯了
You were just being Junior.
你只是做了自己
Are you going to be somebody else just for her?
你要为了她变成另外一个人吗
Look...
听着
when Gloria finally found a man that accepted her
当Gloria终于找到一个男人愿意
for who she was, she found happiness.
接受真正的她时 她找到了幸福
That's what I want for you.
我希望你也是
I want that for me.
我也希望
Then what you need to do is put that phone down
那么你需要做的 就是放下手♥机♥
and get into these books, playboy.
然后读点书 帅哥
Knock, knock.
咚咚咚
That's what it would sound like
如果我没有把你的门拆掉
if I didn't take your door off.
应该就是这个声音
Well, I'm not hiding anything in this pile.
我没有在这堆衣服里藏东西
I'm just trying to find a shirt to sleep in.
我只是想找一件睡衣
Baby girl, I'm sorry I went a little nuts.
宝贝 很抱歉刚才冲你发火了
Me, too.
我也是
Just, we thought we had more time.
只是我们以为还有很多时间
But you're... you're a young woman now,
但你 你现在已经是少女了
and there's gonna be things in your life that I'm not a part of.
你生活中肯定有一些事情是我参与不了的
Like kissing.
比如接吻
Well... it wasn't kissing, babe.
呃 那不是接吻 宝贝
Please focus. I can't get it out of my mind.
别打岔 我总是想到那个画面
That's not what we're here to do. All right?
我们不是来这里说这个的 好吗
Okay. Okay. Sweetheart.
好的 好的 宝贝
We just need open communication,
我们只是需要一次坦诚的对话
and we can accept that
我们能接受
you're not gonna tell us everything.
你不会把所有事都告诉我们
But I really want you to know
但我真的想告诉你
that you can tell us anything.
你什么事都可以和我们说
Okay? Okay.
好吗 好的
I hear you, and I'll do better.
我明白了 我会做得更好的
Okay. And I promise I will talk to... Mom.
好的 我保证 我会和妈妈说的
Yeah. Oh, yeah. Definitely.
好 哦 对 绝对的
That's definitely the better way to go. Works for me.
这样确实比较好 我接受
You know, I think I was actually mad at you for growing up.
我想 我其实在气你长大了
That's not your fault. I can't stop time, baby girl.
这不是你的错 我不能让时间停止 宝贝
I'm sorry. I love you.
对不起 我爱你
Okay?
好吗
Okay.
好的
And here's your phone.
这是你的手♥机♥
Jalen texted you four times...
Jalen给你发了四次短♥信♥
Oh! ... to see if you're okay.
哦 问你是不是还好
He might be a keeper.
他可能是个好男孩
Okay. And since you're old enough to kiss a boy,
好了 既然你已经大到可以和男孩接吻了
you are old enough to put your door back on yourself.
那你应该也可以自己把门装回去了吧
I've done it before. It's fine.
我以前装过 小意思
Yeah, I'll get the drill for you.
好 我拿电钻给你
You know how to put a door on?
你知道怎么把门装上去吗
Where'd you learn that?
你跟谁学的
I was wrong, Dre!
我错了 Dre
You should have danced!
你应该跳舞的
You should always dance!
你就该一直跳舞的
"Dad!"
"爸"
Aah!
啊
What you have to ask yourself...
你要问问自己
... is this your dream or mine?
这是在你的梦里还是我的梦里
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表