For the month of February,
整个二月里
America celebrates Black History Month
美国人都在用低利率以及免透♥支♥费
with low interest rates and no overdraft fees.
来庆祝黑人历史月
Companies run ads dedicated to us.
商家不停的打广♥告♥
It's great while it lasts,
黑人历史月期间是很棒
but come the end of February, it is over.
不过二月底的时候 它就结束了
How was school?
学校怎么样
A squirrel got into the gym, so I'd say pretty good.
有一只松鼠溜进了体育馆 所以我觉得很不错
Baby girl. What are you doing?
宝贝闺女 你在干嘛呢
Oh, well, Black History Month is pretty much over,
哦 黑人历史月差不多结束了
so Ms. Davis sent all our projects home.
所以Davis女士把我们的画报都发回来了
See you next year, Harriet.
明年再见吧 Harriet
What the hell?!
你在搞什么
Hey!
嘿
You cannot toss Harriet Tubman in the trash!
你不能把Harriet Tubman就这样丢进垃圾桶里
Why not?
为什么啊
Damn it, Jack! What are you doing?!
靠 Jack 你干什么呢
Dad... Dad, it's fine!
老爸 老爸 没关系的
It's not Harriet Tubman. It's Frederick Douglass.
这个不是Harriet Tubman 这个上面是Frederick Douglass
I believe what your dad is trying to say
我觉得你们老爸的意思是
is that you shouldn't be throwing these away at all.
这些东西你们都不应该丢掉
Ohhh! I get it.
哦 我懂了
So... So we can use them next year
所以我们明年再做这个一模一样的报告的时候
when we do the same reports again.
还可以继续用
That's why you're the dad.
老爸就是厉害
What do you mean, the same reports?
你说什么 一模一样的报告
Does everyone just do
难道你们每个人每年
Frederick Douglass and Harriet Tubman every year?
都就用Frederick Douglass和Harriet Tubman应付作业吗
Yeah. Well, mostly everyone.
是啊 差不多都是吧
Joshua Miller was supposed to do George Washington Carver,
Joshua Miller本来想做关于George Washington Carver的
but he has a horrible peanut allergy,
但是他吃花生过敏了
so he switched back to Harriet.
所以就换回了Harriet
Can you believe this?
你敢相信吗
No, I can't.
难以置信
Joshua Miller... he gets so much special treatment.
Joshua Miller 他竟然有那么多特殊待遇
Drives me nuts.
令人发指
No! I mean,
我不是说那个
this is the same sort of crap they did when I went to school.
他们做的这些垃圾我上学的时候就在做了
The reason I went to Howard University
我去霍华德大学的原因就是
was to get the full picture of Black history.
我想更全面地了解黑人历史
I get it.
我懂
You know, I hoped that 30 years would've made a difference,
我本来指望30年过去了可能会有点起色
but, babe, our children are getting the same surface education.
谁知道 宝贝 我们的孩子在接受着和我们那时一样浅薄的教育
I know. I know.
我知道 我知道
It is... frustrating.
这很令人失望
But, Dre, I mean...
不过 Dre 我想说
...Black History Month is almost over.
黑人历史月都快结束了
There's only two more days. What are you gonna do?
就剩下两天了 你想怎么办
You gonna go down there and make a scene?
你想去亲自去学校然后大闹一场吗
Davis!
Davis
Mr. Johnson.
Johnson先生
You are supposed to email me before you come in.
您来之前应该先给我发邮件告知一声
We had a deal.
我们说好的
Yeah, and I thought we had a deal...
是啊 我以为我们之间也说好了
I pay you, you educate my children.
我给你钱 你来教育我的孩子们
But after hearing about your Black History Month lesson,
但是听过你们黑人历史月的课程之后
you owe me a lot of change.
我觉得你欠我很多钱
I tried so hard this year.
我今年很努力去办了
We studied Harriet Tubman, Dr. King,
我们学习了Harriet Tubman 马丁路德金
Frederick Douglass, and George Washington Carver.
Frederick Douglass和George Washington Carver
But you didn't have to stop there.
但是你不能就局限在这些上面
All right, there are a million people
好吧 世界上大概有一百多万人
that you could have kept talking about.
你可以拿来讲
Hell, if you had just picked one person
妈的 就算你从Chadwick Boseman演过的电影里
that Chadwick Boseman played,
随便挑一个人来讲
I would not be yelling at you,
我都不会这样吼你
despite our agreement... which I never signed, by the way.
还打破我们的协议 顺便说一声 我并没签过这破协议
Well, tomorrow is our "Farewell to Black History Month" Assembly.
这样 明天是我们"告别黑人历史月"大会
Now, I was going to show the PG parts of "Get Out,"
现在我打算来点不客气的叫你滚出去了
but, hey, since you know so much about this stuff,
不过嘿 既然你知道这么多
maybe you could come in and teach the students
要不你来给学生们讲
about one more Black person they should know.
一些他们应该知道的黑人的故事
Ohhh, would you like me to do that for you?
哦 你想让我替你做
I'd be so relieved
如果你愿意替我的话
if you took it off my plate.
我如释重负啊
No!
不
Do your job, Davis!
做好你的本职工作 Davis
Mr. Johnson.
Johnson先生
You're supposed to email before you come.
你来之前应该发邮件
We had a deal.
我们有协议
Which I never signed.
我没签过
But I was just leaving.
不过我正要走
W... Maybe you could point me in the direction
什么 你倒是指点一下我啊
of a good Black person?
到底有什么黑人好啊
Okay, let's unpack what you just said.
好吧 请你收回你的话
What?
什么
You did a racism.
你这是种族歧视
Again?
又来
Uh-oh.
啊哦
Okay, Dre, what's wrong?
好吧 Dre 你怎么了
My kids' teacher asked me to choose
我家孩子的老师让我为黑人历史月
a new person to talk about for Black History Month.
再找一个没讲过的黑人
Once again, the Black man has to educate White people.
又一次 白人需要黑人来教了
Tell me about it.
就说是啊
Most of them don't even know
大部分人都不知道
that Harriet Tubman invented the tub.
Harriet Tubman发明了浴缸
That's why most Home Depot employees
这就是为什么当你问家得宝的员工
look so confused when you ask to see the Harriets.
要找Harriet的时候他们会那么疑惑的原因
Know what I'm talking about?
你懂吧
You know what I'm talking about, right?
你懂我在说什么 对吧
No. No.
不知道 不知道
No, I don't. No.
我不知道 不知道
You know what?
你知道吗
So, I told her, "No. It's your job, not mine."
所以我跟她说"不 这是你的工作 不是我的"
Good choice, Dre.
干得漂亮Dre
Besides, the only thing you need to know
另外 关于黑人历史月
about Black History Month are the top four, right?
你知道那四位就行了 对吧
Tubman, Carver, King, Sinbad.
Tubman Carver 马丁路德金 还有Sinbad
Sinbad's not on that list.
Sinbad不算
Well, he should be, okay?
他应该算 好吗
'Cause he would lighten it up. Huh?
因为他最出彩
You ever heard his routine about riding the bus?
你听说过他坐公交车的段子吗
It's hysterical.
笑疯了好吗
Mr. Stevens has a point.
Stevens先生说的对
Black History Month is kind of a bummer.
他觉得黑人历史月非常失败
It's all slavery
人们总是在讲奴隶制
and people getting blasted by fire hoses.
或者是人们被高压水枪喷
Which is actually why we gave you the shortest month.
这其实就是我们把黑人历史月给你们定在最短的那一个月的原因
Nobody "Gave" Us the shortest month.
没人"给我们"把它定在最短的那一月
In the 1920s, a Black historian by the name of Carter G. Woodson
上世纪20年代 一位叫卡特·G·伍德森的黑人历史学家
chose February because it coincided with Abraham Lincoln
选了二月因为二月有亚伯拉罕·林肯
and Frederick Douglass' birthday.
和Frederick Douglass的生日
The original focus of Black History Month
设立黑人历史月的初衷
was not slavery or civil rights, all right?
并不是为了奴隶制或者是人♥权♥ 好吗
It was created to illustrate our contribution to American life
它是为了纪念我们黑人对美国社会的贡献
and celebrate Black excellence.
以及赞颂黑人的伟大
Well, hearing that
好吧 听你这么说
actually kind of makes me want to know more about Black history.
我有点想深入了解下黑人历史了
Like double-dutch.
比如跳长绳
What is the deal with that?
那到底是怎么回事
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表