剧集 | 发展受阻(2003) | 导航列表
couldn't deter Tobias from his dream,
都阻挡不了Tobias的决心
the suicide of his ruined
而他抑郁的经纪人的自杀
and despondent agent certainly could.
本可以打击Tobias
I believe he died as a warning, in a way, his message perhaps
我相信他的死是一个凶兆 他想要传达
to live within our means
活在现实 脚踏实地
and be realistic about our lives.
这样的信息
And yet it didn't.
但还是没有
Well, then I shall redouble my efforts
我觉得我应该再加倍努力
so that he died in vain.
让他白死
Meaning he will have led a pointless life,
我是说他过着一个
is what I mean.
毫无意义的生活
Yes, carry on. Thank you.
请继续 谢谢
And he soon found himself
他很快带着
bringing his wife to an acting class
老婆到一个演员训练班
in an effort to jump-start his career and marriage.
为了打造事业和婚姻的新起点
If everyone's good,you'll get your juice.
如果大家表现好 就能喝到特殊饮料
What did you say the name of this acting class was again?
你说这个培训班名字叫什么来着
Method One Clinic.
方法演技课
Okay, I'm gonna go get coffee.
好吧 我去买♥♥杯咖啡
Garden Grove Method One Clinic.
格罗夫园方法演技课
And Tobias found himself captivated by one of the monologues.
Tobias发现自己被一个独白所吸引
And I made it in that movie, the Fantastic Four,
我曾经在电影里演出过 神奇四侠
uh, but it wasn't fantastic for me.
但是这段经历对我来说并不神奇
Uh, I got carried away.
之后我就变了个人
And I'm like, "This (bleep) is (bleep) up,
我觉得 这[哔]生活已经太[哔]了
"and I've got to get my (bleep) together
我必须重回[哔]人生轨道
or I'm gonna be (bleep), too."
不然我就[哔]了
Anyways, now I'm sober, and I'm trying.
反正 我现在已经戒了
It's... super hard.
戒的很辛苦
Thank you. Thank you.
谢谢 谢谢
It was a devastating and personal story.
这是一个很凄惨的真人真事
Okay, notes:
几点建议
um, first of all, it seemed you were slurring a bit there,
第一 你看起来有点轻蔑
and I just think you'd have so much more fun
我只是觉得如果你能够
punching those... those words.
让台词掷地有声
Get it out there.
全都发泄出来
"This (bleep) is (bleep) up, sir."
这[哔]生活已经太[哔]了
I'm-I'm sorry. I'm not familiar with the piece, so...
不好意思 我对这个段不太熟悉
No, no, that's it.
不不不 你说的很对
But I am familiar with your work in the Fantastic Four, however.
我很熟悉神奇四侠中你的角色
You've seen that? Of course I have.
你看过吗 当然
20 years earlier, DeBrie Bardeaux
20年前 Debrie Bardeaux
had played Sue Storm in the low-budget version
在一出低成本版的神奇四侠
of the Fantastic Four,
中饰演了Sue Storm
produced by Imagine Entertainment,
这部电影是由Imagine Entertainment制片的
when, during Imagine's Christmas party,
在Imagine的圣诞趴体上
a drunk lawyer reminded them they'd lose the rights
一个酒醉的律师提醒他们如果不在
if they didn't make the film in the next six days.
六天内完成就会失去版权
After a two-hour search, they found their entire cast.
经过两个小时的试镜 演员齐了
They also proved useful six days later at the wrap party.
演员们在六天后的杀青宴上又派上用场
I almost never get recognized as the Invisible Girl.
我几乎没有被人认出来我演的隐形女
I can't believe you saw me.
我真不敢相信你认得出我
Well, I-I thought it was "fantastic."
我 我觉得这电影还是很"神奇"的
Actually, most of the performance
其实 大部分吸引住
that had so captivated Tobias...
Tobias的表演
Hey, maybe she came into this Light Bulbs Unlimited.
可能她变身成了这个灯泡
She was here a minute ago.
她钢材还在这儿来着
...was performed by a fishing line.
都是由一根鱼线完成的
This is the gayest Starbucks ever!
这他妈是最基的星巴克了
Did his fishing line break, too?
他的鱼线断了吗
Well, my acting career is over.
我的星途结束了
Oh, don't say that. You've got to say, "Keep the dream alive."
别这么说 你要觉得 梦永不灭
That's what helps me.
对我来说有帮助
Well, this is what's helping me.
这个对我才有帮助
Oh. It's really good.
哦 很好喝
Carl Weathers used to give us grape juice.
Carl Weathers曾经给我们喝葡萄汁
But then he'd add five dollars to our credit card.
但是他会从我们信♥用♥卡♥上扣五块钱
Well, here is to our acting addiction.
好吧 为了我们的戏瘾干杯
Yep.
好嘞
May we never be cured.
希望我们永远都戒不掉
Are you crying? Oh, I'm crying.
你在哭吗 哦 是我在哭啊
Oh, it's a nosebleed.
哦 我流鼻血了
Oh, thank you so much.
太感谢你了
Tobias had found a friend.
交到了个朋友
You're neat! You're neat.
你真赞 你也赞
You're neat.
是你赞
You're neat.
是你赞
And after a not-very-cute meet-cute,
一个并不浪漫的初见后
Tobias continued to find DeBrie's behavior delightful,
Tobias还是觉得DeBrie动作妩媚
even when the methadone made her think
甚至她的犯毒瘾时
she was a piece of toast.
觉得自己变成了面包
There, now I can see
好了 我现在终于
a pretty face under all that butter substitute.
看到黄油底下的漂亮脸蛋儿了
And I recognize you from somewhere,
我觉得你很眼熟
but it's not the Fantastic Four; it's from somewhere else.
除了神奇四侠电影里 我觉得在哪儿还见过你
I've done some things I'm not proud of.
我演过一些不入流的东西
Episodics? Been there.
插播节目? 我也演过
It wasn't episodic.
并不是插播节目
She had been in a series of soft-core porn movies
她出演过一系列色情电影
about women leading straight men into gay sex,
讲述把直男扳弯的女人
This is my brother. He's gay. called Straight Bait.
这是我弟弟 他是基佬 片名是直男之饵
If you want to have sex with me,
如果你想和我来一发
then you've got to have sex with him first.
就得先和他来一发
And if you don't want to have sex with her, you must be gay.
如果你不想和她搞的话 那你肯定是基佬
I'll show you how not gay I am.
让你们见识一下 我有多基
She did six of these movies,
她参与了六部电影
and after lunch, did three more.
午饭过后 又拍了三部
It's nice to be recognized though.
被人认出来感觉真好
Marky Bark-- sometimes he doesn't know
Marky Bark有时候连我们同处一室
when I'm in the same room.
的时候都不知道
And sometimes it feels like
有时候感觉像是
it's not the face blindness, you know?
并不是脸盲症的原故
It's the same with me and Lindsay.
我和Lindsay也是这样
I know she's trying, but she doesn't believe
我知道她很尽力 但是她不相信
in my acting career.
我可以成就演艺事业
Maybe she's right. I've yet to make more money as an actor
可能她说得对 我做医生的时候比
than I ever did as a doctor.
做演员挣得更多
And that's with Country-Wide behind me.
而且算是这国家的高收入人群
You're... wait, you're a doctor? You can write scripts?
你是 等一下 你是医生 你可以开药吗
Well, I like to think so.
嗯 我能开
You should never give up a dream if you can write scripts.
如果你能开处方的话 你就不应该放弃梦想
You seem like you'd be a good doctor/actor.
你看起来是个优秀的医生兼演员
It was the first positive reinforcement
这是Tobias在印度之行之后
Tobias had had since India.
收到的第一份正面肯定
You remind me of Billy Crystal... Mmm, mmm!
你让我想起了Billy Crystal M...
It would have broken Tobias's heart if he knew
如果Tobias发现她要说的是
she was about to say "Billy Crystal Meth,"
Billy Crystal Meth一个幽默的毒贩
a funny drug dealer.
一定会心碎的
Uh, I... got a bit carried away
当你把我比作Billly Crystal时
when you compared me to Billy Crystal.
我有点轻飘飘的
You remind me of Billy Crystal...
你让我想起来Billy Crystal...
Once again, she was going to say "Billy Crystal Meth."
她还是想说Billy Crystal Meth
I'm sorry, but, DeBrie, I-I've never met anyone
对不起 但是 Debrie 我从没遇过一个
who understands me like you do.
能像你这么了解我的人
Or at all. Maybe, with someone like you,
没人了解我 或许和你在一起
I could have a new start.
我可以重新开始
Did you see my license plate-- "A-N-U-S-T-A-R-T"?
你看到我的车牌了吗 ANUSTART
Did you see my Straight Bait movie of the same name?
你看过我的直男之饵系列吗
Coincidence.
命中注定
We should be together.
我们应该在一起的
剧集 | 发展受阻(2003) | 导航列表