剧集 | 美国恐怖故事集(2021) | 导航列表
That was a one‐time‐only event.
那就是最后一次了
That was the last and final print.
我保证
I promise.
4chan网上到处都是
‐It was on 4chan. ‐
那你们就是地球上最后一批
Which means that you're the last people on earth
相信互联网上的东西的人
who believe what's on the Internet.
等等 等等 等等
Wait, wait, wait, wait.
如果你在汽车影院看电影
If you were at the drive‐in watching the movie,
怎么没 你们怎么没
why weren't... I mean, why aren't you...?
你们甚至没有
You weren't even
认真看 是吗 你们忙着
paying attention, were you? You were too busy
做♥爱♥
laying pipe.
所以我特别讨厌
See, this is why I hated the idea
在汽车影院首映
of premiering at a drive‐in.
一半的人都不会用心看
Half the people are raw dogging it at any given time.
但你们肯定看到发生了什么 对吧
But you must've seen what happened, right?
请
Please...
跟我好好描述一下
Paint me a word picture.
那是我最辉煌的时刻 我却不能出席
It was my finest hour, and I couldn't be there.
你最辉煌的时刻
Your finest hour?
大家都疯了
Everyone went crazy.
互相厮杀
They were tearing each other apart.
大家
"Everyone"?
所有观看的人都受到了影响
Every person who watched was affected?
反应率是100%
The response was 100%?
- 难以置信 ‐ 我们的朋友都死了 而你说话的语气
‐Unbelievable. ‐Our friends are dead, and you're talking
像是这只不过是实验或比赛似的
like it's an experiment or a game score.
都不是 这是一个
It's neither. It's a...
这是一种体验 这是一个电影场景
It's an experience. It's a cinematic happening.
一个屏幕上没有
A horror movie
恐怖场景的恐怖电影
where the horror isn't on‐screen.
恐怖之处在观众中
It's in the audience.
尽量欣赏一下 好好思考啊
Try to appreciate what I'm talking about. Come on!
你们俩肯定是电影迷
I mean, you two must be
如果不是 昨晚就不会去了
film buffs or you wouldn't have been there last night,
那你一定知道《驱魔人》里的潜意识吧
so you must know about the, uh, subliminals in The Exorcist?
威廉·弗莱德金
William Friedkin
把两帧恶魔的脸剪成六卷
cut two frames of a demon's face into reel six.
导致观众很多人都吐了
People were throwing up in the aisles.
甚至有妇女进入分娩的案例
There were cases of women going into labor.
其中一个就在影院里生了孩子
One gave birth right in the theater.
人们认为他们被附身了
People thought they were possessed,
而这一切都是因为两帧画面
and all because of two frames,
小小的两帧画面
two little frames,
还有一些有创意的声音
and some creative sound.
在某些场景
In certain spots,
我们混入了愤怒的蜂箱声
we mixed in the sound of an angry beehive.
让人暴躁的效果特别好
Oh, really got on people's nerves.
猜猜这个利用潜意识是谁的主意
Guess whose idea it was, the subliminals.
你的
Yours?
第二助理剪辑
Second assistant cutter.
我们永远地改变了电影
We changed film forever.
那年我们本该赢得最佳影片奖的
We should've won Best Picture that year.
但那年的最佳影片是什么 《骗中骗》
You know what did? The Sting.
真♥他♥妈♥讽刺啊
It was a travesty!
我不能让这种情况继续下去
I couldn't let that stand.
我得更进一步
I had to take it to the next level.
所以我为自己的电影筹钱
So I raised money for my own movie.
我想要的是配方 明白吗
I was after the recipe, you see.
图像和声音的通用组合
The‐the universal combination of image and sound
可以触发
that would trigger
每个人♥大♥脑的恐惧中心
the fear center of every human brain.
我研究了侵入性记忆的形成
I studied intrusive memory formation,
中情局与终极思想控制实验
the CIA hijinks with MK‐Ultra.
你知道330赫兹的闪光吗
Did you know flashes of 330 hertz
即使没有癫痫的人也会被其引发癫痫发作
can trigger seizures even in people without epilepsy?
我运用了我所学到的一切
I applied everything I learned
就像爱迪生发明了灯泡那样
like Edison creating the light bulb.
我使用了数千种组合
I used thousands of combinations
直到有一天 事情发生了
until one day, it happened.
我给了我的编辑几份笔记
I gave my editor some notes,
我过去看看她工作完成的怎么样
and I came by to see what she'd done.
蕾妮
Lanie?
蕾妮 你在
Lanie, what are you...
他们把她关起来了 以为是加班和毒品
They put her away. Combination of overwork
造成的作用
and drugs.
我知道真实情况
I knew the real score.
我知道电影已经准备好了
I knew the film was ready.
我找到了经销商
I found a distributor.
在一个区域会场开幕
Opened in one regional venue.
用特别活动来建立口碑
Just a special engagement to build word of mouth.
结果呢
And the response
反应出乎我的意料
was beyond my expectations.
即使发生了那些事
Even after what happened,
人们还是想看它
people wanted to see it.
直到
Until...
某个参议员的配偶把注意力转向了我
a certain senator's spouse turned her attention to me.
而是信
It's a letter
说他们同意立即撤下你的电影
stating they've agreed to pull your movie immediately.
不仅如此
Not only that.
他们还会摧毁 所有的拷贝
They're going to destroy every print in existence.
你这婊♥子♥
You bitch!
快来人阻止他
Somebody stop him!
我要杀了你
‐ ‐I'm gonna kill you.
我要杀了你
I'm gonna kill you!
我一定要让全世界都看到我的电影
I won't stop until the whole world sees my movie!
他们控告我人身袭击
They charged me with assault.
他们把我关了15年
They put me away for 15 years.
一个把艺术家关起来的社会
A society that locks up its artists
不配存在下去
doesn't deserve to survive.
它应该被毁灭 所以
It deserves to burn. So,
我像修道士一样 把每一分钟都花在
like a monk, I spent every minute of my time
尽可能收集所有信息
gathering every piece of information I could
修改和改进配方上
to fix and to refine the recipe.
等我出来后 我把这些运用在了
And when I got out, I applied it
我藏起来的一个拷贝上
to a workprint that I'd squirreled away.
剩下的就都是
And the rest...
历史重演了
is history.
好吧 我知道你现在很生气
Okay. I know you're angry right now,
但请你们尽量欣赏大局
but try to appreciate the big picture.
大局的字面意思亦有"宏大的电影"
你们是历史的见证人
You were a witness to history.
你们可以退休 开巡回演讲了
You can retire to the lecture circuit.
你们再也不用工作了
You'll never have to work another day.
接受胜利 继续你们的生活
Take the win and get on with your lives.
感觉你们是好孩子啊
You two look like nice kids.
我们看了你的一点电影
We saw some of your movie.
我们两个都看了
The both of us.
还不至于让我们发疯
Wasn't enough to make us crazy.
但足够我们这样了
But enough to make us do this.
你的恐惧中心还好吗
How's that fear center doing?
- 你这婊♥子♥ - 拷贝在哪里
‐You bitch. ‐Where's the print?
我告诉过你 没有其他存档了
There is no other print, I told you!
胡说 我们在放映室
Bullshit! We were in the projection booth.
我看了一眼存档 你知道我没看到什么吗
I got a look at the print, and you know what I didn't see?
接头 磁带接头
Splices. Tape splices.
除非我手上的只是副本 然后原件
Unless what I had was a copy and the original
还在这里 你♥他♥妈♥快说
is still here, so fucking talk.
它在哪里
: Where is it?
去你♥妈♥的♥
Fuck you.
好了好了好了
All right, all right, all right.
剧集 | 美国恐怖故事集(2021) | 导航列表