will make us believe Carlotta Adams was a woman
会让我们认为卡洛塔·亚当斯
always in the habit of using this drug.
一直在吃安♥眠♥药♥
Lady Edgware learns all the details she must know
埃奇威尔夫人要假装自己去过霍尔本的晚宴
if she is to pretend that she did indeed attend the dinner at Holborn.
就记住了所有的细节
I was sitting opposite this young playwright.
我坐在一个年轻的作家对面
Scottish.
苏格兰人
His name was Donald Ross.
他叫唐纳德·罗斯
Carlotta Adams sips her wine.
卡洛塔·亚当斯喝了那杯酒
...on and on about this play of his.
...他一直在说他的剧本
One hour later,when she has returned home,
一个小时后 当她回到家
the Veronal will have taken its effect.
安♥眠♥药♥就起效了
It was all about the war at Troy.
全都是关于特洛伊战争的
You made two mistakes,madame.
你犯了两个错误 女士
The pince-nez that you used for the disguise of Mrs Van Dusen,
用来伪装成凡·杜森的夹鼻眼镜
you took from your maidservant,Alice.
是你的女佣爱丽丝的
In all of the exchanges of costume,madame,
就在你们互换衣服的时候 女士
you left the pince-nez in the handbag of Carlotta Adams
你没有把夹鼻眼镜放进自己的包
instead of your own.
而是放进了卡洛塔·亚当斯的包
Did I?
是吗?
Yes,you did.
是的
But more serious was
但最要命的是
your encounter with the young writer,Monsieur Donald Ross.
你和年轻作家唐纳德·罗斯先生那次碰面
I am fascinated by the judgement of Paris.
我被“帕里斯的审判”给迷住了
But Paris doesn't have any judgement at all when it comes to fashion.
可是说到时尚 巴黎是没有资格评判的
It was indeed a social gaffe to show such ignorance on the judgement of Paris.
对“帕里斯的审判”如此无知实在太出丑了
But only a few days earlier,
但就在几天前
he had explained to you his play,the war of Troy.
他已经给你讲过他的剧本 特洛伊战争
It was inconceivable
让他费解的是
that a woman,who had known then of which he spoke,
这个女人明明知道他曾经说过什么
could be so ignorant now.
竟然还这么无知
Paris...
帕里斯...
So he saw through her? Oui.
所以他看穿她了? 对
Malheureusement,Monsieur Donald Ross
不幸的是 唐纳德·罗斯先生
expressed his suspicions
当着埃奇威尔夫人的面
in the presence of Lady Edgware.
表现出了自己的疑惑
And it was at once that she knew that he also had to be silenced.
那一刻她知道必须马上让他闭嘴
So...
这么说
It was her all along.
全都是她干的
But wait a minute,Poirot. In that letter
等一下 波罗 在那封信里
that Carlotta Adams wrote,
卡洛塔·亚当斯说过
she definltely said she'd been hired by a man.
她是被一个男人雇佣的
Ah,yes.
啊 对
Oh,yes. That was most cunning,that.
哦 对 这是最高明的一点
Carlotta Adams did indeed leave the house with a letter,
卡洛塔·亚当斯的确是带着信出门的
but she had neglected to post it.
可她忘了寄出去
And in the exchange of handbags,
就在换完包后
it was discovered by Lady Edgware,
埃奇威尔夫人发现了那封信
who decided to use it for her own ends.
如是她决定利用一下这封信
Carlotta Adams wrote
卡洛塔·亚当斯在信里说
first of her meeting with Monsieur Ronald Marsh
自己遇见了罗纳德·马什先生
and then of the person who gave to her the money.
还提到了那个给她钱的人
But what if there was between these two descriptions...
如果两页信之间...
A page removed by Lady Edgware.
埃奇威尔夫人把一页信拿掉了
A page missing? How do you know that?
少了一页? 你怎么知道的?
Because,as she was writing,there was left an indentation on the third page.
因为 她写信的时候 在第三页上留下了印迹
Here are some words you can see from the page before.
看这儿就能看到前一页写的字
But these very same words,
可留下印迹的那张纸
they do not appear on these pages that remain.
却不在这封信里
But the third page begins with "He asked".
可是第三页开头说的是“他”
She was writing about a man.
她写的是个男人
Oui,but you will notice,Hastings,
是的 但请你仔细观察 黑斯廷斯
that on the top of this third page,there is a little tear.
第三页信的角上 被撕破了
Now,always I had assumed that this was made by accident,
原来我以为是不小心弄的
but in fact,it was done on purpose.
但实际上 是有人故意撕掉的
To change "she" into "he".
把“她”变成了“他”
Oui.
是的
It was of Lady Edgware that Carlotta Adams was writing.
卡洛塔·亚当斯提到的就是埃奇威尔夫人
And from Lady Edgware did she receive the money.
她就是从埃奇威尔夫人那儿拿的钱
Ah,madame.
啊 女士
You are a woman most remarkable.
你真是个非常聪明的女人
Eh,parbleu,
是的
to pull over my eyes the cotton wool.
为了蒙蔽我的双眼
The letter,the disguise.
那封信 伪装
Et surtout,to send me to your husband,
那件衣服 让我去找你丈夫
to turn me into a witness that you had no motive for murder.
好让我认为你没有杀人动机
Ma foi!
啊!
You made of me,Hercule Poirot,your cat's-paw.
你把我赫尔克里·波罗当你的玩偶
But it's true,Mr Poirot,
但这是真的 波罗先生
there was no motive,if she was going to get a divorce.
她没有动机 她就要离婚了
A divorce would have been of no use to her.
离婚对她根本没用
Which is why she pretended never to have got the letter from her husband.
所以她才假装没收到她丈夫的那封信
Monsieur le Duc,you are of the religion catholique,n'est-ce pas?
公爵先生 您信仰的是天主教 是吗?
Yes,I am. How did you know?
是的 您怎么知道?
Jane Wilkinson told me
简·威尔金森曾经告诉我
you intended to get married at Westminster.
您想在威斯敏斯特举♥行♥婚礼
Et naturellement,I assumed that she meant the Abbey.
想当然的 我以为她说的是大修道院
But later,you invited me to the Cathedral.
可是后来 您邀请我去大教堂
Westminster Cathedral.
威斯敏斯特大教堂
Et voila.It was then that I knew that you must be catholique.
看吧 那时我就知道您信仰的是天主教
And he couldn't marry a divorced woman.
所以他不能和离过婚的女人结婚
Oui. So that's why Lord Edgware had to die.
对 因此埃奇威尔勋爵必须死
My God,Jane. Tell me it isn't true.
我的天哪 简 告诉我这不是真的
I'm sorry,Percy.
对不起 珀西
I really thought I'd get away with it,you know.
我真的以为我能侥幸脱罪
I thought I had you,
我以为我把你
prize great detective,
了不起的大侦探
round my little finger.
玩弄在手心里了
I've always had that,you know.
我总有这种能力
A power over men.
操控男人
I wished only to protect you,madame.
我只是想要保护你 女士
But I could not protect you from yourself.
但我没法阻止你自己伤害自己
Jane!
简!
Oh,I'm not going to deny it,Percy.
哦 我不会否认的 珀西
Why should I?
为什么要否认呢?
After all...
毕竟...
...I've actually enjoyed it.
...我很享受
All of it.
这一切
Even being caught.
甚至被抓我也很享受
I mean...
我的意思是...
...it does put me centre stage.
这让我成了万众瞩目的人
And who knows?
谁知道呢?
Maybe they'll put me in Madame Tussaud's.
没准他们会把我放进蜡像陈列馆
Poirot,I came as soon as I got your message. What is it?
波罗 我一接到信就来了 怎么回事?
It is this,mon ami. It arrived for you today.
就是这个 我的朋友 今天早上送到的
Oh.
哦
Oh,it's a cheque made out to me for...
哦 是给我的支票...
Good Lord!
我的天!
From the Duke of Merton,I understand?
是莫顿公爵寄来的吧?
Well,yes,but...
对 但是...
After the arrest of Lady Edgware,Hastings,
自从埃奇威尔夫人被捕后 黑斯廷斯
the Duke,he made contact with me.
公爵先生找过我
For him,it was a lucky escape.
对他来说 实在是万幸
He felt it deserved,as he said,a reward most substantial.
所以他说 应该用一笔可观的奖金来作为答谢
But shouldn't this be made out to you?
但这钱不是应该给你吗?
Non,non,pas de tout,mon ami. It was you who provided the clue that was vital.
不 不 我的朋友 是你提供了最关键的信息
"The other way round."
“正好相反”
Prisent,Chief Inspector.
说的对 探长
And therefore it is to you,Hastings,
所以这些钱应该给你 黑斯廷斯
that the reward rightfully belongs.
这才是实至名归
I thought we ought to celebrate.
我提议庆祝一下
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表