It's early days.
为时尚早
She's going to get what she deserves and she's not going to hurt us again.
她会得到报应的 她也不能再伤害我们了
I'm sorry,Chief Inspector,Mr Poirot went out first thing this morning.
抱歉 探长 波罗先生一大早就出去了
Don't tell me
不要告诉我
he's still got this bee in his bonnet about Lady Edgware?
他还对埃奇威尔夫人的事很感兴趣?
That somebody deliberately set out to frame her for her husband's murder?
还说有人故意陷害她谋杀亲夫?
Well,it is still a possibility.
噢 还是有这个可能性的
I don't know how,
我不知道怎么做到的
but it seems she's got him round her little finger.
但是看着像是她把他玩弄在手掌心啊
Maybe that's the sort of woman she is.
也许她就是那样的女人
I wouldn't say that.
我不这样认为
I've never thought of women as the manipulative sex.
我从不认为女人会操控别人
Certainly not in my experience.
起码我没有这样的经验
Anyway,Chief Inspector,aren't you forgetting something?
不管怎样 探长 你是不是忘记什么了?
Lady Edgware was at dinner when the murder was being committed.
案发时埃奇威尔夫人在晚宴上
No,I haven't forgotten that,Miss Lemon.
不 我没有忘记 莱蒙小姐
It looks like she's off the hook.
看起来她好像摆脱了嫌疑
However,you can drive from Holborn to Regent's Gate
然而 从霍尔本到瑞金特门
in five minutes.
开车五分钟就到了
I've just done it myself.
我已经亲自试过了
So if she had the car waiting outside...
如果她让车在外面等着...
Donald Ross said she wasn't away from the table for more than a few minutes.
唐纳德·罗斯说她只离开了几分钟
Well,maybe he lost track of the time.
噢 也许他忘记了时间
Do you have no other suspects,Chief Inspector?
探长 你没有其他嫌疑人了吗?
Oh,I've got plenty of suspects,Miss Lemon.
噢 莱蒙小姐 我有很多嫌疑人
Ronald Marsh,for example,Lord Edgware's nephew.
比如罗纳德·马什 埃奇威尔勋爵的侄子
A theatrical producer,heavily in debt.
是个剧作家 负债累累
He needed the money,not to mention the title.
他需要钱 更不要说这个头衔了
Well,there you are,then. Money's the oldest motive in the book.
噢 你说得对 钱自古就是谋杀的动机
Then there's Geraldine Marsh,the daughter,
还有他的女儿杰拉尔丁·马什
whose mother died after Lord Edgware abandoned her.
她母亲在被埃奇威尔勋爵抛弃后死了
She told us to our face how much she disliked her father.
她亲口告诉我们她不喜欢她父亲
So it could have been either of them.
所以有可能是他们中任何一个
Yes.
是的
But who was the real target?
但谁才是真正的目标?
That's what beats me.
这就难倒我了
Lord Edgware...
是埃奇威尔先生...
or Lady Edgware?
还是埃奇威尔太太?
Can I take your hat,sir?
我能帮你拿帽子吗 先生?
Thank you,Alice.
谢谢你 爱丽丝
Jane,darling.
简 亲爱的
Mr Poirot,it's a pleasure to meet you.
波罗先生 真高兴遇见你
Monsieur le Duc. Jane has spoken a lot about you.
公爵先生 简经常提起你
Would you like a drink,darling? Tea or coffee?
亲爱的 想喝点什么吗? 茶还是咖啡?
No,I can't stay long.
不了 我一会就走了
This business,the death of Lord Edgware,it really is the most terrible thing.
埃奇威尔勋爵死的这件事 真是件恐怖的事
That Jane should be involved.
可能牵涉到简
You know I'm relying on you
我就靠你了
We're both relying on you to sort it out.
我俩都靠你解决这件事
And if there's anything I can do to help...
如有需要我帮忙的...
You could perhaps tell to me how it was that the two of you met?
也许你可以告诉我你俩是怎么相遇的?
It was at the theatre.
在剧院相遇的
Macbeth. A wonderful performance.
麦克白 很棒的演出
Quite wonderful.
非常棒
Lord Edgware was there that night,
埃奇威尔勋爵那天也在
and I saw how he behaved.
我看见他的所作所为了
He was a brute of a man.
他是个粗鲁的人
Despicable.
卑劣的人
I can't help but think that he deserved what he got...
我不得不说这是他的报应...
although that's a terrible thing to say.
虽然这样说很不好
I won't lie to you,Mr Poirot.
我不会对你撒谎 波罗先生
I'm glad at the way things worked out.
我很高兴发生这种事
And as soon as there's been a decent interval,
这件事一处理完
Jane and I plan to be married.
我就打算和简结婚
If she'll have me.
如果她愿意嫁给我的话
Of course I will.
我当然愿意
I wish to you both...
我祝福你们两个...
much happiness.
开心幸福
I hope we'll see you at the cathedral,Mr Poirot.
波罗先生 希望到时在大教堂见到你
I know how you've taken Jane's side.
我知道你一直都很支持简
And I want you to know how much I appreciate it.
我想让你知道我有多感激你
Monsieur,madame.
先生 夫人
Alton,what are you doing?
奥尔顿 你在干什么?
What does it look like?
你看着我像在做什么呢?
Come on,Joyce. Why don't you come down off your high horse for once?
拜托 乔伊斯 你能不能别这么傲慢?
The master is dead,
主人死了
and you and me,we'll soon be for the hook.
你和我就该滚蛋了
Everything will continue as before.
一切会照常进行的
Mr Ronald will move in.
罗纳德先生会搬进来
He's the new Lord Edgware now.
他是新的埃奇威尔勋爵了
Will you fancy him as much as you did the old one?
你会像喜欢老勋爵一样喜欢他吗?
I will not listen to this.
我不想听你说这些
Have they arrested her yet?
警♥察♥拘捕她了么?
Lady Edgware?
埃奇威尔太太?
Apparently,the police don't believe it was her.
显然 警♥察♥不相信是她干的
What?
什么?
They think there might have been quite a different motive for the murder.
警♥察♥认为凶手另有动机
Oh,hell.
哦 见鬼
Alton?
奥尔顿?
Alton!
奥尔顿!
Has he said anything?
他有没有说什么?
No,Captain Hastings.
没有 黑斯廷斯上校
I think you'd better go and talk to him.
我觉得你最好去跟他谈谈
I've never seen him like this.
我从没见过他这样
Poirot?
波罗?
Are you all right?
你还好吧?
Oui. va,va.
我很好
She really has rather got to you,hasn't she?
她真的迷住你了 对吧?
You reach a certain age,you think romance has passed you by.
到了一定年龄 你就觉得浪漫不再属于你
When it does finally hit you,
但当浪漫最终来临时
it really bowls you over.
你一下就被击倒了
What is it of which you speak?
你指的是谁?
Well,Jane Wilkinson.
简·威尔金森
Hastings...
黑斯廷斯...
..I think of the murder of Lord Edgware
我在想埃奇威尔勋爵的谋杀案
and the questions to which there remain no answers.
以及尚未解开的疑点
I think of the letter from Carlotta Adams to her sister
我在想卡洛塔·亚当斯写给她妹妹的那封信
and the pince-nez we found in her bag.
还有在她包里找到的夹鼻眼镜
But absolutely not do I think of Jane Wilkinson.
但是我绝对不是在想简·威尔金森
Very well. If you say so.
好吧 如果你要这么说
Mr Poirot!
波罗先生!
That was Chief Inspector Japp.
是贾普探长
There's been a development.
案子有进展
Mr Trabshaw,the solicitor,unlocked it this morning.
特伯肖先生 那个律师 今早把它打开的
No-one else had the combination.
其他人没有密♥码♥
I felt I should call you straight away.
我觉得我应该马上给你打电♥话♥
The French francs,they are nowhere to be found?
法郎呢 没有找到吗?
How many francs are we talking about?
有多少法郎?
Well,a considerable amount.
相当大的数目
Lord Edgware was about to leave for Paris.
埃奇威尔勋爵要去巴黎
He told the butler,Alton,to call the bank.
他让管家奥尔顿给银行打电♥话♥
And where is Alton?
奥尔顿在哪?
Well,that's why I called you,Chief Inspector.
我就是为这给你打电♥话♥的 探长
He seemed very agitated yesterday when I told him you hadn't yet made an arrest.
昨天我告诉他你没有逮捕简时 他似乎很激动
And this morning,he's failed to appear for work.
今天早上 他也没有工作
I've been to his room and it's empty.
我去他的房♥间看了一下 房♥间是空的
He's gone.
他不见了
It's one and six,please,madam.
一磅六便士 女士
Thank you,madam.
谢谢 女士
Yes?
什么事?
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表