I'm here to see Carlotta.
我是来见卡洛塔的
I'm sorry?
你说什么?
She's expectating me.
她在等我
I'm Lucie Adams. I'm her sister.
我是露西·亚当斯 她的妹妹
Haven't you heard?
你没听说吗?
What?
什么?
Thank you,Hastings.
谢谢 黑斯廷斯
Mademoiselle Driver.
瑞福小姐
I didn't know if I should call you,Mr Poirot.
我不知道该不该给你打电♥话♥ 波罗先生
But Lucie insisted,
但是露西听说是你在查这个案子时
when she heard you were on the case.
坚持要打给你
Where is she now,mademoiselle?
她现在在哪 小姐?
Upstairs. She had a terrible shock.
在楼上 她吓坏了
Well,perhaps she came to you because you were the friend of her sister?
她来找你是因为你是她姐姐的朋友?
Yes. Carlotta was one of my first customers.
是的 卡洛塔是我的第一批客人
She bought all her hats here.
她的帽子都是在这买♥♥的
I understand that you sold to her a hat with a brim that is slanting?
我听说她在你这买♥♥了一顶斜沿的帽子?
Well,similar to this one.
呃 跟这顶很像
Yes,she bought one very like it last week.
是的 她上周买♥♥的 跟这个很像
Mademoiselle,did you ever make to her a present?
小姐 你送过她这个吗?
A little box for the sleeping drug?
装安♥眠♥药♥的小瓶子?
I'm sorry? You will see...
这是什么? 你看...
"CA from P.
P送给CA的
Sweet dreams. November 10th."
祝好梦 十一月十号♥
The CA is Carlotta. We wondered if the P might be Penny.
CA是卡洛塔 我们不知道P是不是潘妮
Well,it's not.
哦 不是的
I've never seen that before.
我从没见过这个东西
Merci. There is only one other question I wish to ask you,mademoiselle.
谢谢 我还有最后一个问题向你请教 小姐
How well acquainted are you with Jane Wilkinson?
你跟简·威尔金森有多熟?
Jane?
简?
Why do you want to know about her?
你为什么问起她?
There was a man I was very close to,
我曾经有个恋人
and she took him away from me.
被她夺走了
And when she finished with him,she threw him over.
等她对他没感情了 简就把他甩了
There's nothing good I can say about Jane Wilkinson.
关于简·威尔金森我没什么好说的
But I thought it was Lucie Adams you'd come to see.
我想你要见的是露西·亚当斯
And if you don't mind,she's waiting upstairs.
她在楼上等着
It couldn't have been an overdose.
卡洛塔不可能是用药过量而死的
Carlotta never took drugs. She hated them.
卡洛塔从不吃安♥眠♥药♥ 她讨厌安♥眠♥药♥
It's all right. Mademoiselle...
没事的 小姐...
Can you explain to me the reason for your visit to England?
你为什么来英国?
Well,I came to see Carlotta.
我是来看卡洛塔的
She invited me.
她叫我来的
The show was doing well and she was so full of hope.
表演很成功 她对未来信心满满
I wanted to see a bit of the country before I joined her in London.
我想在到伦敦见她之前看看这个国家
Since your arrival in England,mademoiselle,
小姐 你来到英国后
have you received a letter from your sister?
收到过你姐姐的信么?
Yes.
是的
I have it here. It arrived this morning.
信在这 是今天早上收到的
Ah!
啊!
You permit that we read this letter,mademoiselle?
可以打开看看么 小姐?
Yes,of course.
当然 当然可以
"Dear little sister,
亲爱的妹妹
I'm sorry this is so scrappy but things have been rather busy.
很抱歉匆匆给你写信 但我实在太忙
The show is a success. Notices splendid. Box office good."
表演很成功 邀请函精致无比 票房♥也很不错
The whole of the first page is about the show.
第一页说的都是表演的事
Oh,yes,it continues here.
哦 是的 后面是这样写的
"I met Ronald Marsh the other night.
前几天晚上我遇见罗纳德·马什
He's a theatre producer. He tried to persuade me to come in on one of his new shows.
他是个剧作家 他想让我演他的新剧
I don't know,though. He drinks quite heavily and has no money of his own,
但是我不知道要不要演 他爱喝酒又没有钱
although it turns out he's the nephew of Lord Edgware,
尽管后来我知道他是埃奇威尔勋爵的侄子
who sounds no beauty,I can tell you.
埃奇威尔勋爵的名声并不好 这点我很肯定
Anyway,Ronald loved my revue
不管怎样 罗纳德喜欢我的讽刺剧
and he asked me if I'd be interested in earning some money
他问我是否有兴趣演个真实的玩笑
for a practical joke that would prove just how good I was.
可以赚钱 还可以展示我的演技
I laughed and said,'How much?'
我笑着问‘多少钱?’
Lucie,darling,the answer fairly took my breath away.
露西 亲爱的 那个数字吓了我一大跳
$2,000.
是两千美元
After that,we laid our heads together and got down to details.
之后 我们一起谈论了演出的具体细节
I'll tell you how it went when you get to London.
你到伦敦后 我再详细地讲给你听
I can't wait to see you,
我迫不及待地想见你
little sister mine. Yours..."
我的小妹妹 你的...
Carlotta.
卡洛塔
There,there.
不哭 不哭
I don't understand.
我不明白
Why would Ronald Marsh pay Carlotta that sort of money?
罗纳德·马什为什么要给卡洛塔那笔钱?
And where would he get it from?
他从哪里弄到那笔钱呢?
I mean,everyone knew he was virtually broke.
大家都知道他已经破产了
That is indeed the question.
这确实是个问题
Mademoiselle...
小姐...
..you will allow us to guard this letter for a little while?
..我们能暂时保管这封信么?
Yes.
可以
If it will help,Mr Poirot.
如果这样可以帮助破案的话 波罗先生
Merci.
谢谢
Courage,mademoiselle.
坚强点 小姐
I will return this letter to you and,
我会归还这封信的
with it,the truth concerning the death of your sister.
并且找出你姐姐死亡的真♥相♥
You have the word of Poirot. Thank you.
我保证 谢谢你
Well,this is it,Poirot.
就是这个 波罗
The proof of the pudding. It was Ronald Marsh all the time.
物据 我一直都怀疑罗纳德·马什
You no longer suspect Alton the butler?
你不再怀疑管家奥尔顿了?
No,no. He's obviously up to no good,but he's no killer.
不 不 很明显他不是好人 但是他不是凶手
No,no,it's all here.
不 不 这里面都说了
Ronald Marsh hired Carlotta Adams
罗纳德·马什雇用卡洛塔·亚当斯
to go to Regent Gate disguised as Lady Edgware.
假扮埃奇威尔夫人去瑞金特门
Later on,he killed Lord Edgware,
接着 他杀死埃奇威尔勋爵
making us think that she'd done it.
让我们认为是埃奇威尔夫人干的
Then,of course,Carlotta had to die to stop her talking.
然后 杀了卡洛塔让她闭嘴
But,of course,at the time of the first murder,
但是 埃奇威尔勋爵被杀时
Monsieur Ronald Marsh was at the opera.
罗纳德·马什在剧场
According to Geraldine Marsh,yes.
杰拉尔丁·马什是这么说的
But there's something you don't know,Poirot.
但是有些事你是不知道的 波罗
I was thinking about Ronald Marsh's so-called alibi.
我在想罗纳德·马什的所谓不在场证明
And then I had an idea. I congratulate you,Chief Inspector.
然后我有了一个想法 恭喜你 探长
Thank you.
谢谢
It occurred to me that Regent Gate is less than a mile away from Covent Garden.
我突然想起来瑞金特门离科芬园还不到一英里
Do you get my drift?
明白我的意思了么?
He could have left in an interval?
他有可能在中场休息时离开?
Yes,and been back in time for the next act.
是的 然后在下一幕开始前赶回来
Ah,yes. Now,that,I believe,is the same technique you used
啊 是的 我想你曾经认为
to demonstrate the possible guilt of Jane Wilkinson.
简·威尔金森也是这么作案的
That's right. I've been talking to quite a few of the taxi drivers in this area,
对 我已经问过这片的好几个的士司机
and this time I came up trumps.
这次我有发现
Ronald Marsh and the young lady
罗纳德·马什和年轻女士
left Covent Garden between the second and the third act.
在第二幕与第三幕的中间离开科芬园
The driver took them to Regent Gate and waited for them outside.
司机把他们送到瑞金特门 然后在外边等着
Good Lord.
老天
Where is Monsieur Marsh?
马什先生在哪?
In here.
在这
All right.
好吧
Yes.
是的
I did go to the house during the interval.
我确实在中场休息时去了瑞金特门
Talk to Geraldine.
你可以去问杰拉尔丁
And she was in the cab with you? Yes.
她跟你一起在车里? 是的
But she had nothing to do with it,either.
但是她跟案子也没有一点关系
Why did you return to the house?
你为什么返回瑞金特门?
I needed money.
我需要钱
I met Geraldine at the opera and,bless her,she agreed to help.
我在剧院遇见杰拉尔丁 求她帮忙 她同意了
She offered you financial assistance?
她给你资金帮助?
She had some pearls She said I could pawn them.
她有一些珍珠 她说我可以拿去当掉
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表