Is it necessary to ask all these questions?
有必要问这些吗?
Oh,no,no. Not at all,madame. Pardon.
哦 不是这样的 夫人 抱歉
I did not think you would object to answering.
我没想到您会拒绝回答这些问题
Taxi!
出租车!
The News Chronicle in Fleet Street.
到佛里特街的新闻纪事报
Yes,sir.
知道了 先生
All right,all right,you can put your watch away.
好了 好了 你可以把你的表收起来了
You know how lateness distresses me.
你知道我多么恨迟到的人
Mr Hammond. Good day to you,Chief Inspector.
哈蒙德先生 日安 探长
This is indeed a treat. So much choice. I'm staggered.
这招待真丰盛啊 这么多选择 我很意外
What did you discover at the apartment of Monsieur Paton?
你在佩顿先生的公♥寓♥发现什么了?
Absolutely nothing. A bed,a table,a chair.
什么也没有 一张床 一张桌子 一把椅子
Nobody's been there for a week.
那儿有一星期没人住了
Did you get the list of nursing homes?
你拿到疗养院的名单了吗?
Merci.
谢谢
There's nothing I can eat here,Poirot.
这儿没什么我能吃的 波罗
It's all macaroni this,ravioli that.
都是通心粉 意大利饺子
Haven't they got any meat?
他们这儿就没肉吗?
Spaghetti Bolognese has meat.
意大利番茄牛肉面里有肉
I don't like spaghetti.
我不喜欢意大利面
Now,Mr Hammond. We need your help.
现在 哈蒙德先生 我们需要你的帮助
As well as acting for Mr Roger Ackroyd,
除了给罗杰·艾克罗伊德办事
...you were also Mrs Dorothy Ferrars' solicitor,we understand?
...你还是多蒂·弗拉尔斯的律师 对吗?
That is correct. All her affairs passed through our hands.
不错 她所有的事务都是我办理的
You see,Monsieur Hammond,
是这样的 哈蒙德先生
Monsieur Ackroyd believed that Madame Ferrars was being blackmailed.
艾克罗伊德先生认为弗拉尔斯夫人被人勒索了
And it is possible that this blackmail
而且很有可能这次勒索
and the murder of Roger Ackroyd are connected.
和杀害罗杰·艾克罗伊德的凶手是有关联的
Blackmail,eh?
勒索 嗯?
You are surprised? No.
你很惊讶吗? 不
No,it explains a great many things.
不 这样的话很多事都能解释了
During the past year,Mrs Ferrars sold certain securities.
去年弗拉尔斯夫人卖♥♥了一些证劵
But the money was paid into her account,and not reinvested.
但是钱没有用来投资 而是打到了她的账户上
I've always imagined that the money was being paid to some woman
我猜这钱是给了过世的弗拉尔斯先生
who had a claim on the late Mr Ferrars.
在外面的女人
What was the amount of this selling?
卖♥♥掉的股票有多少钱?
In all,I should say the sums involved totalled at least L20,000.
总金额至少两万英镑
L20,000? I could retire tomorrow
两万英镑? 我可以明天直接退休
and go and live in the south of France.
到法国南部养老了
No. You would not approve of the food,Chief Inspector.
不 你不会喜欢那里的食物 探长
None of our suspects shows any sign of having come into that kind of money.
我们的嫌疑人都和那笔钱没什么关系
Look,Poirot. There's your old flat. Who lives there now?
看 波罗 你以前的公♥寓♥ 现在谁住在里面?
No person. It is still mine.
没人 它还是我的
No! I didn't know that.
不会吧! 我都不知道
Well,let's go and have a look round.
那我们进去看看
Non. In any case,I do not have my keys.
不 不管怎样 我没有钥匙
Yes,you do. I wondered why you wanted to walk this way.
你当然有钥匙 我想知道你为什么会走这一步
Come on.
来吧
Home,sweet home,eh,Poirot?
家 温馨的家 是吧 波罗?
Oui.
是的
But it is full of ghosts.
但里面都是鬼魂
Lively ones,too,some of 'em.
其中有些还是活的
You know,Chief Inspector,this visit to London?
你知道吗 探长 这次去伦敦的拜访?
It disturbs me.
让我不安
And this...
而这个
...even worse.
让我更不安
You were never meant to be a country bumpkin,Poirot.
你不会是想做个乡巴佬吧 波罗
Chief Inspector,you must not say such things!
探长 你不能这么说!
The life in the country,it is good for me.
我很喜欢在乡间的生活
I have the fresh air,I have my garden...
有新鲜的空气 有花♥园♥
...the quiet.
以及安静
You should never have retired.
你不应该退休
I said so at the time,if you remember.
如果你还记得 我当时就说过
One cannot postpone the inevitable forever,Chief Inspector.
人不能一直延迟不可避免的事 探长
And this case,it is full of postponements.
而这个案件 充满了延迟
Is it? Ah,oui. Bien sr.
是吗 当然了
Monsieur Roger Ackroyd and Madame Ferrars
罗杰·艾克罗伊德先生和弗拉尔斯女士
postponed the announcement of their betrothal,
延迟了他们的婚约
Monsieur Ralph Paton and Mademoiselle Flora,too.
拉尔夫·佩顿先生和弗洛拉小姐也是
I don't see where that gets us. Non. Moi aussi.
我不知道这有什么关系 是的
But one must permit oneself to muse.
但人必须让自己沉思
"From R,March 13th. "
"来自R 三月十三日"
Perhaps Monsieur Roger Ackroyd
可能罗杰·艾克罗伊德先生
and Madame Ferrars married in secret.
和弗拉尔斯女士已经秘密结婚了
Why would they do that?
他们为什么那么做?
Or Ralph Paton and Mademoiselle Flora,
或是拉尔夫·佩顿和弗洛拉小姐
the same.
已经秘密结婚了
Well,that's more likely. But why keep it secret?
这个更有可能 但为什么要保密呢?
Who else do we know with the initial R?
还有谁的名字的首字母是R?
What about Mr Raymond?
是不是雷蒙德先生?
Monsieur Raymond? Non.
雷蒙德先生? 不是
Monsieur Raymond is not the marrying kind,Chief Inspector.
我认为雷蒙德先生不是会结婚的人 探长
No. You see,we do keep coming back to Ralph Paton.
不 你看 我们又回到了拉尔夫·佩顿
Of course,the ring might have nothing to do with the case.
当然了 戒指可能和本案并无关系
But I can't understand why he doesn't come forward.
但我不理解他为什么不出现
Has it not occurred to you,Chief Inspector,
你有没有想过 探长
that Monsieur Ralph Paton... he could be dead?
拉尔夫·佩顿先生可能已经死了?
Dead? No.
死了? 没有
I hope not,
看在弗洛拉·艾克罗伊德的份上
for Flora Ackroyd's sake,if nothing else.
我希望他没死
What did you mean
你说不相信
when you said you didn't believe she'd seen her uncle at ten past ten?
她在10:10看过她叔叔是什么意思?
Allons-y,Chief Inspector. We must catch the train.
好了 探长 我们要去赶火车了
I have also the need to escape from these ghosts.
我也需要摆脱这些鬼魂
By now,the cracks were beginning to appear.
这时 一些裂缝开始出现了
There are,I am ashamed to say,
我都不好意思说
certain darknesses of the heart of which even I was not aware.
有些内心的黑暗甚至连我都没有发觉到
Who would have thought Miss Goody-Two-Shoes Flora Ackroyd
谁会想到自命清高的弗洛拉·艾克罗伊德小姐
capable of such naughtiness?
会如此淘气?
Monsieur Poirot has made a certain suggestion to me,Miss Ackroyd.
波罗先生给了我些暗示 艾克罗伊德小姐
He suggests that you weren't in the study at all last Friday night,
他说你上周五根本不在书房♥
and that you didn't see Mr Ackroyd to say good night to.
你也没跟艾克罗伊德先生道晚安
Parker saw me there.
帕克看到我了
No,mademoiselle. Monsieur Parker said that he saw you coming out.
不 小姐 帕克先生说他看到你出来了
You have no idea what my life has been like since we came here.
你根本不知道我们来这以后生活是怎样
Wanting things,scheming for them,lying and cheating.
欲望 策划 欺骗和偷窃
Running up bills and promising to pay,I hate myself when I think of it all.
负债累累又承诺要还 想起来我都恨我自己
That's what brought us together,Ralph and I.
就是这让拉尔夫和我走到了一起
I understood him because I'm the same underneath.
我理解他 因为我亦是如此
We're not strong enough to stand alone,either of us.
我们都不能独自承担这些 谁都不能
All right.
好吧
I wasn't coming out of the study.
我没有从书房♥出来
I was in my uncle's room.
我在叔叔的卧室
I knew he always kept some cash in that drawer.
我知道他在那个抽屉里面放钱
I was on the stairs...
我当时正从
...coming down from Uncle Roger's bedroom...
罗杰叔叔的卧室下楼来
...when I heard Parker crossing the hall.
我听到帕克正穿过走廊
So I pretended that I was leaving the study.
我就假装刚刚离开书房♥
Parker. Mr Ackroyd says he doesn't want to be disturbed.
帕克 艾克罗伊德先生说他不想被打扰
Oh. Very well,Miss Flora.
噢 好的 弗洛拉小姐
Mademoiselle... I took it,all right? L40!
小姐 是我拿的 行了吧 四十英镑
I'm a common,vulgar little thief! Now you know!
我是个低俗普通的小偷! 现在你知道了!
Rule number one in Kings Abbott
金斯艾博特村的第一条规则
never believe what anyone tells you.
不要相信任何人说过的话
So what could the sleuths do but start again?
那么侦探们除了重新开始还能怎么办呢?
Back they went to Dorothy Ferrars' house
他们回到多蒂·弗拉尔斯的家中
for another rummage through her sad existence. She really was the cause of all this fuss.
寻找另一条线索 她确实是这团乱麻的起因
Madame Ferrars had been your patient
这么多年弗拉尔斯女士一直是
for many years,James.
你的病人 詹姆斯
Had she seemed to you recently distressed?
她最近有表现出焦虑吗?
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表