Between us,Chief Inspector,
我只告诉你 探长
my money's on Ralph Paton,the stepson.
我的钱在那个继子拉尔夫·佩顿的手里
That er... foreign gentleman to see you,Inspector.
警长 那个外国绅士说要见你
I don't want to be disturbed!
我不想被打扰!
I will take only five minutes of your time,Inspector.
我只需要耽误你五分钟 警长
I know that voice!
我能听出那个声音!
Chief Inspector Japp!
贾普探长!
I knew the name Kings what-do-you-call-it sounded familiar.
我就觉得这声音很耳熟嘛
Oh,my dear friend! Poirot.
噢 我亲爱的朋友! 波罗
There was I,thinking you'd retired,
我本以为你已经退休了
and I find you mixed up in murders and all sorts.
却发现你还是和谋杀案搅和在一起
No,no,no,Chief Inspector. I am not,
不 不 不 探长
as you say,all mixed up.
我没有和谋杀案搅和在一起
Monsieur Ackroyd was my very old friend and that is all.
艾克罗伊德先生是我的故友 就是这样
But you'll help us out,won't you?
可是你会帮我们的 是吗?
Help me talk to all these cabbage-bashers.
帮我质问那些狡猾的罪犯
Non. Non.
不 不
Chief Inspector,I have been idle for too long.
探长 我已经闲散太久了
Come on,Poirot. It'll be like old times.
少来了 波罗 像以前那样做就好了
Very well.
好吧
But er... only on the outskirts.
但是 呃...只在郊外
Inspector Davis,Mlle Ackroyd tells me
戴维斯警长 艾克罗伊德小姐告诉我
you suspect most strongly Ralph Paton.
你认为拉尔夫·佩顿的嫌疑最大
It was either him or the butler.
要么是他 要么就是那个管家
What have we got against Paton?
我们掌握了什么佩顿犯罪的证据?
First,he left the White Hart last night
首先 他昨晚离开怀特哈特店之后
and hasn't been seen since.
就再也没现身过
Secondly,it's said he's in serious financial difficulties
其次 据说他现在的经济状况非常不容乐观
and will probably profit from the will.
他可能会从遗嘱中获利
And thirdly,he argued with Ackroyd.
第三 他和艾克罗伊德发生了争执
Sounds pretty fruity.
听上去证据非常充分
Perhaps a little too fruity,mon ami.
或许有些太充分了 我的朋友
We'll see about that.
那我们就等着瞧
I've got here a pair of shoes from the White Hart.
我在怀特哈特店拿到了一双鞋子
I'll compare them to the footmarks on the window sill.
我会拿这个和窗台上的脚印比对
Has anyone seen any suspicious strangers hanging around here?
有没有人发现可疑的陌生人在周围晃荡?
Any strangers calling on Mr Ackroyd at all
任何在上周或最近
over the last week or so?
打过电♥话♥给艾克罗伊德先生的陌生人?
Yes,there was.
是的 有这样的人
That young man,called himself a salesman.
那个年轻男子 自称是推销员
On Wednesday.
在周三时来过这里
He was in with Mr Ackroyd a good hour.
他和艾克罗伊德先生呆了好长一段时间
No,no,no. That was a perfectly innocent salesman.
不 不 不 他完全是个无辜的推销员
He came to the factory trying to sell Dictaphones.
他是来工厂推销录音电♥话♥机的
Mr Ackroyd had him come here to demonstrate.
艾克罗伊德先生是请他来做演示的
Mr Tuffnell,his name was.
他叫做塔弗内耳
Yes,all right.
好的 现在
Now,let's get back to the events of last night.
让我们回到昨天晚上的事件当中去
There was something last night,Chief Inspector.
昨晚确实发生了一些事 探长
Yeah?
什么事?
I was on the terrace outside the sitting room smoking at about 9.30.
我在九点半左右坐在台阶上抽烟
And I saw...
然后就看见了
Well,I thought I saw a woman
我想我看见了一个女人
disappearing into the bushes near the summer house.
在别♥墅♥附近的树林后消失了
Just a gleam of white,you know?
但是我只是瞥到了一眼
No idea who it was?
你不知道那是谁吗?
I'm not even sure.
我不能确定
It could have been just a trick of the moonlight.
也许那是月光的原因
Yes,all right. Thank you.
好的 谢谢你
Now,when you,Dr Sheppard,and you,Parker,break the door down,
谢泼德医生 还有你 帕克 当你们把门撞开
...you are confronted by the sight of Mr Ackroyd dead in this chair.
看到艾克罗伊德先生死在了这张椅子上
Quite.
是这样的
If I may,Chief Inspector? Of course.
我能问几句吗 探长? 当然了
Thank you.
谢谢
Is this room exactly as it was then?
现在这个屋子里的东西和案发时一样吗?
The curtains were drawn,sir. And the electric light was on.
窗帘是拉下来的 先生 而且电灯也是打开的
Bon. Anything else?
嗯 还动过什么地方?
Yes. That chair was drawn out a little more.
是的 那把椅子本是拉出来的
Bon.
嗯
Show me.
拉出来给我看看
Voila ce qui est curieux.
那就奇怪了
How say you,Chief Inspector?
你怎么看 探长?
No-one would sit in a chair in such a position,I fancy.
我想没有人会坐在这个位置的椅子上
It's an odd place for it to be,all right.
放在那里是很奇怪
But I can't see that it's important.
但是我看不出这有什么重要的
It is completely unimportant.
这完全不重要
That is why it is so interesting.
这就是事情有趣之处了
These shoes match the marks on the window sill precisely.
这些鞋子和窗台边的鞋印非常吻合
Of course they do,Inspector.
当然吻合了 警长
Of course they do.
当然吻合了
For the moment,Ralph Paton is the chief suspect.
现在 拉尔夫·佩顿的嫌疑最大
If muddy shoes could convict,
如果这个沾泥的鞋子能指证凶手
they'd have him swinging from the gallows by the morning.
他今早就该上绞刑架了
There is only one problem.
现在就只剩下一个问题了
The spineless Lothario is nowhere to be found.
哪儿也找不着这个懦弱的登徒子
I helped Mr Ackroyd build this house,you know,
我帮艾克罗伊德先生修建了这个屋子
design it and everything.
帮他设计了一切
These modern houses,you see,
这些现代式的房♥屋
generally,they don't have the facilities for staff,like proper houses.
一般的房♥子不会给仆人提供住宿
Mr Ackroyd,he wanted it just so.
艾克罗伊德先生 他就想要这样
He was a good employer,no?
他是个很棒的雇主 不是吗?
He could be short with you,could Mr Ackroyd.
艾克罗伊德先生可能会对你发脾气
But he was always fair.
但是他对人总是很公平的
We shan't see his like again.
我们再也不能看到他那样了
No,indeed.
是的
Tell me,Monsieur Parker,
帕克先生 告诉我
what is your opinion of the secretary,Monsieur Raymond?
你觉得助理雷蒙德先生是怎么样的人?
He's a bit of a stick,to tell you the truth,Mr Poirot,
说实话 波罗先生 他有些固执
but he's all right.
但他是个好人
It's just that he told to Inspector Davis last night
他昨晚告诉戴维斯警长
that he overheard Monsieur Ackroyd talking in his study at 9.30.
他九点半时听到艾克罗伊德先生在书房♥里说话
I am not disposed to believe him.
我不愿意相信他的话
I don't know about that,sir.
这个我就不知道了 先生
I don't think Mr Raymond is the type to tell an untruth.
我认为雷蒙德不是那种说假话的人
Ah. But there is something. I mean...
啊 但是有些事 我是说...
I haven't mentioned it before,but...
我之前没有提及过 但是...
it's been nagging away at the back of my mind,like.
这件事一直困扰着我
It was usually kept in the display case in the sitting room.
这个通常是放在客厅的橱窗里的
I'm sure it was there before dinner last night.
我确定昨晚用餐之前它还在那里
Excuse me,Chief Inspector.
打扰了 探长
Monsieur Parker would like to show to us something. Monsieur Parker?
帕克先生想给我们看些东西 帕克先生 您请
It's these.
就是这些东西
They came in the evening post last night. So what?
这些是昨晚从邮局寄来 所以呢?
Well,there were five when I brought them in.
嗯 我拿进来的时候本来是有五封信的
And now there are four.
但是现在只剩下四封了
I noticed particularly because these are all business letters.
我注意到了是因为这些都是商务信函
And there was one more personal one,handwritten.
其中还有一封私人信件 是手写的
Dark blue envelope. Quite distinctive.
深蓝色的信封 相当显眼
Perhaps Mr Ackroyd put it in his pocket.
也许艾克罗伊德先生把这封信放进口袋里了
Was any such letter discovered on the body?
搜查尸体的时候有没有发现这样的信件?
No.
没有
So these are the French windows into the sitting room.
这些是通向客厅的落地窗
Yes,Chief Inspector. Inside of which was the case that contained the murderous weapon,
是的 探长 这里面放着装有凶器的盒子
conveniently within reach. Mm.
很方便就能拿到 嗯
And along here,no other...
沿着这条路 没有其他的...
no other window overlooks the terrace
其它窗户能看到台阶
till we come to the study of Monsieur Ackroyd.
直到我们走到艾克罗伊德先生的书房♥
Chief Inspector?
探长?
I've just had a call from the GPO.
我刚才接到了邮♥政♥局♥打来的电♥话♥
They've traced that telephone call that Dr Sheppard got.
他们追踪了谢泼德接到的那通电♥话♥
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表