I can't show myself up in front of the professionals.
我可不敢在专家面前卖♥♥弄
I got so fed up with waiting in the car.
我不想再在车里等着了
Are you going to be much longer,James?
你还要很久吗 詹姆斯?
No,no. Maybe I ought to call it a day.
不 不会了 要不我们今天就说到这儿吧
No,my dear James.
别这样 我亲爱的詹姆斯
Madame,James was just going to tell us his theories about the murderer.
女士 詹姆斯正要给我们讲他对凶杀案的看法
Please to come and sit.
请进来坐坐吧
Yes.
好吧
Yes,of course.
当然
Merci. So,James,tell us,
谢谢 詹姆斯 快告诉我们
what sort of man or woman are we looking for?
你认为这个凶手是个怎样的男人或者女人?
Woman? I hardly think it could be a woman.
女人? 我觉得凶手不大可能是女人
And this man,was he also,do you think,
那么这个男人 你认为
the blackmailer?
他是否也是那个勒索者呢?
Oh,I think he probably
我觉得他和费拉尔斯女士
had some sort of financial arrangement with Mrs Ferrars,yes.
可能有一些经济上的来往
Somehow,he became aware of the true cause of Ashley Ferrars' death.
他意外地知道了阿什莉.费拉尔斯的死因
He could even be a detective.
他说不定还是一个侦探呢
But perhaps,as a doctor,
作为一个医生 或许
you would have been also situated most ideally,n'est-ce pas?
你想得太完美了 不是吗?
Oh,ideally.
噢 完美
But the important moment in this case
但是这个案子的重点
is not the murder of Ashley Ferrars,
并不是阿什莉.费拉尔斯的死
but the suicide of his widow.
而是他的遗孀的自杀
Her motives remain unclear,but,for whatever reason,
她的动机还不清楚 但不管什么原因
she decided to end her life.
她决定结束自己的生命
Now,this must have placed our murderer in something of a quandary.
这就让凶手为难了
He knew about her rather distasteful affair
凶手知道她和罗杰.艾克罗伊德之间
with Roger Ackroyd.
那些见不得人的事
His difficulty was in knowing whether,before she died,
而他的问题是不知道她在死前
...she had confided in him the identity of the man...
是否已经告诉了艾克罗伊德那个男人的身份
...with whom she had the financial arrangement.
...那个和她有经济来往的人
You mean the blackmailer?
你是说那个勒索者?
This was hardly some common blackmailer,Chief Inspector.
他可不是什么普通的勒索者 探长
He probably saw Roger Ackroyd somewhere about this time
他有可能在某处看见了罗格艾克罗伊德
and something in Ackroyd's manner made him wonder.
而艾克罗伊德的一些举动让他怀疑
And,in that moment,
那个时候
he decided he could not take a chance.
他知道自己不能再冒险了
He was certainly capable of constructing some sort of device
他一定有能力组装某种
to turn a Dictaphone on and off at any time he chose.
能在特定时间控制答录机开关的装置
I don't imagine he'd left the choice of weapon as much to chance
我想他不会纠结于选择什么凶器
as it would appear.
因为凶器总会有的
I believe he had a weapon with him already...
我相信他已经带着武器了...
...when it occurred to him that the dagger,
...但当他看见了那个匕♥首♥
which was actually on display at the scene of the crime,
就那样放在犯罪现场
would cast the net of suspicion even wider.
他想或许它可以扩大嫌疑人的范围
He was all ready to perform the killing,
就在他控制不住内心恐惧的时候
...when he had confirmation of his deepest fear.
他已经准备好了一切了
The evening post,sir.
这是今天晚上的信件 先生
Mrs Ferrars had indeed confided in Ackroyd,
费拉尔斯女士确实信任艾克罗伊德
...but not in person,she had written him a letter.
但不是亲口告诉他 而是给他写了一封信
And Ackroyd opened that letter in his presence and started to read it.
艾克罗伊德在他面前就打开信读了起来
"My dear,my very dear Roger,
"我亲爱的 最亲爱的罗杰
I would not tell you the name this afternoon...
今天下午我本不打算告诉你那个名字...
...but I propose to write it to you now. "
...但是我现在决定写信告诉你"
I'm sorry,but I...
我很抱歉 但是我...
I must read this on my own.
我必须私下读这封信
At least tell me the name of the man.
至少告诉我那个男人的名字吧
No,no. I must read it on my own. Very well.
不 抱歉 我真的要私下读 好吧
And in that letter,Madame Ferrars had named
在那封信里 费拉尔斯女士提到了
the blackmailer,had she not?
那个勒索者的名字 不是吗?
I've been reading this book I found in the car,James.
我一直在读这本我在车里发现的书 詹姆斯
It wasn't blackmail!
这不是勒索!
Don't say any more,James.
别再说了 詹姆斯
Oh,come now,James.
噢 拜托 詹姆斯
The man had bled Madame Ferrars white!
那个男人榨干了弗拉尔斯女士的钱!
Dorothy Ferrars was an adulterous,murdering bitch!
多蒂·弗拉尔斯就是个通奸的 杀人的婊♥子♥!
She lorded it over us.
她对我们作威作福
All the money she had,she never worked for it.
她的所有钱都不是挣来的
Nor did her drunk of a husband before her.
她只会糊弄她的丈夫
They were idle,useless parasites.
他们游手好闲 是无用的寄生虫
Stop it,James.
别说了 詹姆斯
No!
不!
They didn't know what it was like scrimping and saving year after years,
他们从来就不知道什么叫年复一年的节俭
never able to afford a holiday
没钱度假
on call day and night to every idiot with a bilious attack for miles around.
不分白天黑夜 接到远处的白♥痴♥的看诊电♥话♥
You've no right to stand in judgment on me.
你没有权力来指责我
Blackmail,you call it? Blackmail?
你把这个叫勒索? 勒索?
The law wouldn't punish her,would they?
法律不会惩罚她 是吧?
So I did.
那么就由我来惩罚她
Well... there you are.
好吧
I've done your work for you.
我帮你做了你的工作
Sorry,Caro.
对不起 卡罗琳
Killing Ackroyd was easy.
要杀死艾克罗伊德很容易
The knife was sharp and I knew just where to strike.
匕♥首♥非常的锋利 而且我也知道从哪下手
And for the rest,I simply had to follow my plan.
剩下的 我只要简单地按照计划进行
The first thing to do was make sure everyone remembered me leaving the house.
首先要让所有人记得我已经离开了房♥子
I'll just go and say good night to the ladies. Yes,sir.
我去给女士们道声晚安 好的 先生
I drove away,
我佯装开车离开
but parked the car a little way down the drive.
但事实上把车停到了稍远的地方
Then I had to make it look as if
然后我要把现场伪装成
Ralph Paton had entered through the window.
拉尔夫·佩顿从窗子进入房♥间
He was a pathetic,profligate fellow.
他就是一个挥霍无度的可怜虫
I knew Ackroyd had bought a Dictaphone
我知道艾克罗伊德买♥♥过一个答录机
and had been using it.
并一直在用它
Now I was going to use it,to arrange for Ackroyd to speak from the grave.
而我打算用它让死去的艾克罗伊德说话
And then,the business of the chair,which so intrigued you all.
然后就是摆好那个迷惑了你们所有人的凳子
I'd left Ralph Paton's muddy shoe outside
我从窗户进去时
when I entered through the window.
把拉尔夫·佩顿泥泞的鞋子留在了屋外
Now,as I made my escape,
刚我离开现场时
I was able to use it to make a footprint on the sill.
我用那个鞋子在窗台上留下了脚印
And then,of course,the Dictaphone did its work.
后来那个答录机很好地完成了它的工作
"I'm greatly impressed by your persistence and determination,
"我非常欣赏您的坚持与决心
...however,I regret to say that
...但是 我很遗憾的告诉你
the calls on my purse have been so frequent of late... "
你要钱的次数实在太频繁了"
Which convinces us that
这段话让我们相信
Monsieur Roger Ackroyd was alive at 9.30,
罗杰.艾克罗伊德先生在九点半时还活着
by which time you were safely back at home awaiting...
而那时你已经回到了家里
Hello,Dr Sheppard.
你好 谢泼德医生
The telephone call.
等电♥话♥了
From the patient whom you had persuaded to take part
电♥话♥是你说服一个病人打来的
...in what you had told him was a practical joke.
因为你告诉他这只是个玩笑
Yes. You did well there,Poirot.
你真的很不错 波罗
I was quite surprised
当你把那份汽船上的电报给我们看时
when you showed us your telegram from the ocean liner.
我真的很意外
Well done.
你做得很好
Thank you.
谢谢
I needed the excuse of his phone call...
我需要以电♥话♥的借口...
...to ensure that I was the first on the scene when the murder was discovered.
...来保证我是第一个出现在案发现场的人
Police,sir?
什么警♥察♥ 先生?
What's the matter with you,Parker?
你这是怎么了 帕克?
Your master has been murdered. Murdered,sir?
你的主人被谋杀了 谋杀 先生?
No. The fewer people disturb this room,the better.
不 越少的人进来越好
I'd carefully calculated the position of the chair...
我已经精细的计算过椅子的位置了...
so that the Dictaphone would be hidden from anyone standing in the doorway.
人站在门口不会看到被遮住的答录机
Ring the police station,Parker.
快报♥警♥ 帕克
When I'd sent Parker to telephone for the police,
在我让帕克去报♥警♥的同时
I had ample time to remove my contrivance...
我有充分的时间移走我的装置...
...and put the chair back in its accustomed place.
...并把椅子放回原位
Finally,I had to tell Ralph Paton
最后 我只需要告诉拉尔夫·佩顿
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表