and it would be of great interest to me to know if you recognise the writing?
我想知道你认不认识一下这封信的笔迹?
I'll just need to fetch my glasses.
我要先去拿我的眼睛
You will permit me,mademoiselle?
能让我帮你拿吗 小姐?
Ah!
啊!
Oh,thank you,sir.
哦 谢谢 先生
No,sir. I don't know this writing.
不 先生 我不认识这笔迹
What made you think I would?
你怎么会觉得我认识呢?
Vraiment,mademoiselle,I knew that with certainty you would not.
是的 小姐 我就知道你是不认得的
And so,we return to where we began.
好吧 我们就从头开始回顾
It was here,during an evening of entertainment,
就是在这里 在一次娱乐活动的夜晚
that I first met many of you,
我第一次见到了你们很多人
who gather here again today.
今天我们又重聚这里了
But little did I know that that very same night,
但我不知的是 就在那天晚上
a murder most ingenious,it was being planned.
一场最巧妙的谋杀 已经在计划中了
Are you saying you know who killed him,Mr Poirot?
你是说你知道谁是凶手 波罗先生?
Was it one of us?
是我们其中之一吗?
Ah.
啊
Each person here had the reason to wish the death of Lord Edgware.
在场的每个人都有理由希望埃奇威尔勋爵死去
For Monsieur Ronald Marsh,it was a question of money.
对罗纳德·马什来说 是钱的问题
For Mademoiselle Geraldine,
对杰拉尔丁小姐来说
it was a chance to be rid of a father that she loathed.
这是个摆脱讨厌父亲的好时机
The Duke of Merton also knew that the death of Lord Edgware
莫顿公爵也明白埃奇威尔勋爵一死
would allow him to marry the lady that he loved.
他就可以迎娶他深爱的女人
Well,I had no reason to kill him.
我没有理由杀他
Au contraire,Monsieur Martin.
正好相反 马丁先生
It is my belief that you had the greatest reason of all.
我坚信所有人中你杀他的理由最多
You were in love with Jane Wilkinson,were you not?
你爱上了简·威尔金森 没错吧?
I don't really see that... It wasn't love!
我不明白... 那不是爱!
It was infatuation.
只是迷恋
Brian feels nothing for her now.
布莱恩现在对她已经没感觉了
And you believe that his feelings now are for you alone?
你觉得他现在只对你一个人有感觉?
We're in love,yes.
是的 我们很相爱
We have been since the day we met.
从我们相见那天就相爱了
And yet Jane Wilkinson stole him from you.
但是简·威尔金森却把他从你身边抢走了
Ah,yes,mademoiselle.
啊 没错 小姐
Even now,you cannot speak her name without the anger.
甚至到了现在 你还对她恨之入骨
She is a woman you would be glad to see hanged.
你最希望看到这女人被绞死
To murder Lord Edgware
谋杀埃奇威尔勋爵
and then to frame Jane Wilkinson for his death,
把他的死嫁祸给简·威尔金森
that would be revenge indeed.
就可以给你报仇了
No. I never thought of that.
不 我从没那么想过
Yes,you did!
是的 你确实这么想的!
Why else come to me
要不然你怎么会专门跑来
with a cock-and-bull story about a man with a gold tooth?
告诉我一个金牙男人的荒唐故事?
What? It wasn't true?
什么? 那不是真的?
No,Hastings.
是啊 黑斯廷斯
It was like something from the cinema. I saw that at once.
其实那就像是戏院里演的 我以前看过一次
But the real reason that you came to me,
不过你来找我的真正原因
that followed very soon.
很快就被发现了
Do you think she had it in her to commit murder?
你觉得她会杀人吗?
I'm sure of it. I know her,you see.
我很确定 我很了解她
I mean,she's terribly sweet on the surface.
我是说 她表面上看着甜美可人
But she would kill as easily as drink her morning tea. Believe me.
但实际上她杀人就像喝早茶一样简单 相信我
You came to me to poison my mind
你来跟我说了一番简·威尔金森的坏话
against Jane Wilkinson,
想要扰乱我的判断
to impress upon me the fact that she was a killer.
让我相信她才是凶手
But you already knew Lord Edgware was dead.
但你当时已经知道埃奇威尔勋爵已经死了
And how did you know this,monsieur?
你是怎么知道的呢 先生?
Because you had killed him the night before.
因为是你前一天晚上杀了他
No,you've got it wrong.
不 你弄错了
Why must you lie to me? You were seen leaving the house.
你为什么要对我撒谎? 有人看见你离开他家
Wait!
等下!
It was just before ten o'clock that you were seen by Mr Ronald Marsh,
十点之前罗纳德·马什看到了你
who had returned from the opera with Mademoiselle Geraldine to retrieve a necklace.
他跟杰拉尔丁一起从剧院回家取项链
That was Brian.
是布莱恩
No,you've got it wrong. It wasn't me. For God's sake!
不 你弄错啦 不是我 老天!
Enough.
够了
You deny that you lied to me?
你否认你骗我了?
No.
是的
All right,all that stuff about the gold tooth...
好吧 那些关于金牙的话...
You're right about that. I was trying to incriminate her.
你是对的 我是想要陷害她
What?
什么?
You're heartless,Jane. She is as cold as ice.
你太没良心了 简 她冷酷无情
I loved you,
我那么爱你
and you threw me over without so much as a second thought.
而你不念一丝情分就把我甩了
Yes,I wanted to see her hang.
对 我是想要看她被绞死
And in order to achieve that end,monsieur,
为了达到你的目的 先生
you attempted to deceive Hercule Poirot.
你试图来欺骗我赫丘里·波罗
But I didn't kill him.
但我真的没有杀他
I never went near the house that night.
那晚我根本就没靠近那房♥子
I heard the news the next day.
我是第二天听说这消息时
And that's when I had the idea.
才想到了这个陷害的办法
I must have been mad.
我一定是疯了
Yes,indeed.
是的 你确实疯了
And for the attempt to deceive Hercule Poirot,
你竟想要骗我赫丘里·波罗
you have now been punished.
所以现在你要接受惩罚
What? You mean,you know it wasn't me?
什么? 你是说 你知道我不是凶手?
The person seen by Monsieur Ronald Marsh was,
罗纳德·马什先生当时看到的人
I think,the butler Alton,
其实是奥尔顿管家
leaving with the French francs,and...
当时他正携款离开房♥子
oui,there is a resemblance.
对 你们确实有相似之处
Chief Inspector.
是他卷走了钱? 是的 探长
I also believe he discovered the body the night before,
我还相信 他在前一天晚上就发现了尸体
and not the following morning,as he told to us.
而不是他告诉我们的第二天早上才发现
He took the opportunlty to steal the money
他是想趁机把钱偷走
and was leaving the house in order to place it somewhere safe.
当时他离开房♥子想找个安全的地方把钱藏起来
He thought Lady Edgware would be arrested for the murder.
他以为埃奇威尔太太会因谋杀而被逮捕
Precisent,Hastings.
确实如此 黑斯廷斯
It was only when it was discovered that Lady Edgware,she had the alibi parfait,
但当他得知埃奇威尔太太有不在场证明时
that he panicked.
他才慌了手脚
You mean he realised we'd be looking for another motive?
你是说他意识到我们会找别的动机?
Oui.
是的
The theft of the money.
偷钱的贼
So you knew all along that it wasn't Brian,then?
所以其实你一直都知道凶手不是布莱恩?
Oui,mademoiselle.
对 小姐
But Monsieur Martin was not alone in his dislike for Lady Edgware.
不是只有马丁先生厌恶埃奇威尔夫人
You,Miss Carroll.
还有你 卡罗尔小姐
When I asked you the identity of the woman you saw entering the hall of Regent Gate...
当我向你询问进入瑞金特门的女人身份的时候
It was her. I'd know her anywhere.
就是她 她化成灰我也认识
And I saw her quite clearly.
而且我看得相当清楚
But you were standing high up on the landing.
可当时你正高高地站在楼梯平台上
It's all right,Alton,I know the way.
没关系 奥尔顿 我知道路
The person who entered that night wore a hat with a slanting brim.
那晚进来的人戴了一顶压得很低的宽檐帽
From where you were standing,
而从你当时站的位置
it would have been impossible to see the face.
根本不可能看到那人的脸
I saw her. Non,mademoiselle.
我确实看到她了 不 小姐
You saw,I think,what you wished to see.
你看到的只是你希望看到的
The woman who had wronged the man you had well served.
那个勾引了你一直真心侍奉的男人的女人
It's true.
没错
She never deserved him.
她根本配不上他
It would have been impossible for Jane Wilkinson to have committed the murder.
简·威尔金森谋杀亲夫本来是不可能的的事情
Because as we now know,
因为据我们所知
Jane Wilkinson changed her mind
简·威尔金森是突然改变主意
and attended the dinner at Holborn.
去参加霍尔本的晚宴的
But from the beginning,
但是从案件一开始
I have been perplexed...
我就被...五个问题
..by five questions.
所困惑
One:
第一个
What happened to the letter
埃奇威尔勋爵写给妻子的
written by Lord Edgware informing his wife that he had agreed to the divorce?
同意离婚的信去了哪?
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表