so I invited young Ross to join us.
所以我邀请了年轻的罗斯先生
He accepted. Now she says she's coming.
他答应了 现在埃奇威尔女士又说她正在路上
So that makes 13.
所以才会有十三个位置
But it's bad luck,isn't it?
但是这样不吉利 不是吗?
I should say it's rather good luck.
这是好运啊
I've been wanting to meet her. She's very glamorous.
我一直都想见她 她是位非常迷人的女士
Ah,our first guests,Eleanor.
啊 我们的第一位客人 埃莉诺
Thank you,Miss Carroll.
谢谢你 卡罗尔小姐
Can I get you anything,sir?
需要点什么吗 先生?
What?
什么?
I was going to have a drink,and I wondered...
我要去喝点东西 所以我想...
What are you talking about,woman? Are you suggesting
你在说什么? 你以为
I'd want to have a drink with you?
我会跟你这样的女人一起喝东西吗?
Well,sir,I... You're getting airs above your station.
先生 我... 你这是越矩
Maybe you should start looking for another job.
也许你该找份新的工作
Now get out.
给我出去
There's nothing like marriage,that's the truth of it.
没有什么比结婚更美好的了 真的
The day I met Bella,
自打我遇见贝拉那天起
it was as if I'd found myself.
我就好像找到了自己
Ever since,I've been a completely different man.
从那时起 我就成了一个全新的男人
Hmm,different man,yes. Could say the same about me,I suppose.
恩 全新的男人 我想我也可以这么说
But you're happily married,Chief lnspector.
但是你的婚姻很幸福 探长
I don't know about that,Miss Lemon.
我不那么认为 莱蒙小姐
You see,my Emily,she just doesn't understand my work.
我的艾米丽 她一点都不体谅我的工作
She never lets me talk about murder at the dinner table.
她从不让我在饭桌上谈论谋杀案
And her tidying! It just gets worse and worse.
还有她的洁癖! 简直愈演愈烈
Sometimes,I wonder how I've lived with her
有时 我会想 这二十七年半
these 27-and-a-half years.
我是怎么挨过来的
It's a shame you've never considered marriage,Mr Poirot.
真遗憾 你从没考虑过结婚 波罗先生
la tentation.
莱蒙 当爱情来临的时候 我自然会考虑的
The temptation.
我也会经不住爱情的诱惑
But now,alas,I think it is too late.
只是现在 我想已经太晚了
Oh,I wouldn't say that,Poirot.
哦 我可不那么想 波罗
If the right woman came along...
如果那个真命天女出现了...
Jane Wilkinson,for example?
比如简·威尔金森?
Will you have some wine,Chief Inspector?
你想来点酒吗 探长?
A fine Pauillac?
上等的波亚克酒?
No,thanks,Poirot,I'll stick to my stout.
不了 谢谢 波罗 我还是喝我的啤酒吧
Donald Ross is a name that will shortly be known to everyone.
唐纳德·罗斯这个名字很快就会响彻世界
Just as soon as he finishes his play on the great war of Troy.
只要他关于特洛伊战争的剧本一完成
I started right at the beginning.
我才刚刚写了个开头
I'm going all the way to the Trojan Horse and beyond.
整个剧本都基于特洛伊木马并且超脱于其中
It's going to be a bit like Sophocles.
有点像索福克勒斯(古希腊悲剧诗人)
An epic.
一部史诗
But for a modern '30s audience.
但是是给现代观众观赏的
Lady Edgware,you have a telephone call,ma'am.
埃奇威尔女士 有您的电♥话♥
For me?
我的?
Excuse me.
失陪一下
Hello?
喂?
Brian! I had to see you.
布莱恩! 我必须见你
You're Alton,aren't you? Is my husband in?
你是奥尔顿 对吗? 我丈夫在家吗?
Yes,ma'am.
在的 夫人
It's all right,Alton. I know the way.
没关系 奥尔顿 我自己认识路
Yes,ma'am.
好的 夫人
The Dortheimers? They're still in their seats.
多塞默一家人呢? 他们还在座位上
Then let's go.
那我们走吧
Right. Thank you very much,Poirot.
好了 非常感谢你的招待 波罗
Nice bit of steak and kidney,I must say.
我得说 牛排加布丁真的很棒
Thank you,Chief Inspector.
谢谢 探长
It's funny,you know.
真有意思
Here we are,the four of us,all together again.
我们四个又聚到了一起
But,of course,there's one thing missing.
但是 当然 还少了一样东西
What's that?
是什么?
The body. That's how we normally meet.
尸体 我们通常总是那样见面的
No,but it is true.
的确如此
Oh,well,never mind,Poirot.
噢 别介意 波罗
As soon as word gets round you're back,I'm sure one will turn up.
只要有你回来的消息 尸体一定立马出现
Morning,Poirot,Captain Hastings. Chief Inspector.
早上好 波罗 黑斯廷斯上校 探长
You got my message,then?
你们收到我的消息了?
Yes,Chief Inspector. We came immediately.
是的 探长 一收到消息我们就立刻赶过来了
Looks like we spoke too soon last night.
似乎我们昨晚的话说得太早了
Stabbed in the neck,round about ten o'clock.
颈部被刺 时间大约是在十点左右
Have you discovered any money? Money?
你有找到钱吗? 钱?
When we were last here,
我们上次来这的时候
Lord Edgware had commanded from his bank a sum of money in francs.
埃奇威尔公爵从他的银行里取了一大笔法郎
That's right. He was just about to go to Paris.
没错 他那时候正准备去巴黎
We haven't found any money.
我们没找到任何钱
But I'd be interested to know what you two were doing here?
但是我很有兴趣知道你们俩在这干什么?
Had he asked for your help?
他向你们求助了吗?
Chief Inspector.
不 没有 探长
It was Lady Edgware who had asked for me to intercede on her behalf.
是埃奇威尔小姐让我代表她
She wanted her husband to give her a divorce.
她想让她丈夫跟她离婚
So that's the motive,then,is it?
那就是动机 对吗?
The motive,Chief Inspector?
什么动机 探长?
I already know it was her. I just want to find out why.
我早就知道是她了 只是不知道原因
Now,then,Alton. I want you to tell my friends here
奥尔顿 把你刚才跟我说的话
exactly what you told me.
再跟我的朋友说一遍
Yes,sir.
好的 先生
I answered the door just after half past nine.
我在九点半开的门
I'd heard the clock sound the half hour,
我听见时钟走到半小时的响声
that's how I'm sure of the time.
所以我能确定时间
It was Lady Edgware.
进来的是埃奇威尔夫人
She said she wanted to see her husband and that she could find her own way.
她说她想见她的丈夫 说她自己知道路
You saw her enter the study?
你看见她进入了书房♥?
No,sir,but as I left,
没有 先生 但是当我离开的时候
she was approaching the door.
她刚走到了门口
Was it you who discovered the body?
是你发现的尸体吗?
Yes,sir.
是的 先生
This morning at eight.
今天早上八点
I entered the study to open the curtains.
我进书房♥拉开窗帘
That's when I called the police.
然后我就立即报♥警♥了
Could you tell me,Monsieur Alton,
奥尔顿先生 你能告诉我
what happened to the francs your master demanded yesterday?
你的主人昨晚要的法郎上哪去了吗?
They came in the afternoon.
那些法郎是下午送到的
I imagine he would have placed them in the safe.
我想他应该放到保险箱里了
Lord Edgware's solicitor will have a combination.
埃奇威尔公爵的律师应该知道密♥码♥
You have worked here for how long,Monsieur Alton?
你在这工作多久了 奥尔顿先生?
One month,sir.
一个月 先生
And how many times have you met Lady Edgware?
你见过埃奇威尔夫人几次?
Only once,sir,but I could have sworn it was her.
只见过一次 先生 但是我发誓就是她
It was her!
就是她!
I'd know her anywhere.
她化成灰我都认识
And I saw her quite clearly.
我很清楚的看见是她
I heard her speaking with Alton.
我听见她跟奥尔顿谈话
Then she crossed the hall and went in through there.
然后她穿过大厅进入了书房♥
Could you tell me,mademoiselle,
小姐 你能告诉我
what she was wearing?
她当时穿的是什么样的衣服吗?
She was wearing black.
她穿的是一身黑色的衣服
A black dress and lace sleeves. And a hat.
一件蕾丝袖的黑色连衣裙 还带着一顶帽子
And this hat,it was also black?
帽子也是黑色的?
Yes. Very modern,with a slanting brim.
是的 是那种带宽边的 非常时髦
I see.
我知道了
And after she went into the study?
她进入书房♥以后呢?
Sorry?
什么?
You heard nothing? No sound of any kind?
你什么都没听见? 一点声音也没有吗?
No,I told you. I went to bed.
没有 我说过了 我睡觉去了
Who else was in the house last night,Miss Carroll,
卡罗尔小姐 除了你和奥尔顿以外
apart from you and Alton?
昨晚还有谁在这里?
Only Geraldine,Lord Edgware's daughter.
只有杰拉尔丁 埃奇威尔公爵的女儿
She's in her room now.
她现在就在房♥里
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表