A great writer.
一个伟大的作家
I've just finished reading his first play,
我刚刚读完他的处♥女♥剧作
The Trojan Wars. It's going to be a smash.
“特洛伊战争”这本书一定会畅销
We're all here to celebrate freedom and independence.
我们都在这里庆祝自♥由♥和独♥立♥
I suppose the toast ought to be
我提议为杀死他的那个人干杯
to whoever did kill him. He or she did us all a great favour.
不管他是谁 他确实帮了我们大忙
No.
不
Oh,come on,Jane. You can't say you weren't pleased to see him go?
拜托 简 他死了难道你不高兴吗?
No.
我高兴
But any one of us sitting at this table could have killed him.
但是坐在这的每个人都有可能杀了他
And I won't drink to that.
我不想为这个干杯
I simply won't.
我不想
Oh,that one. That's just what I want.
哦 那个 我要的就是那个
Don't you like it? I suppose so.
你不喜欢它吗? 是的
Oh,good afternoon,madam.
下午好 女士
Yes,this is definltely my work. I recognise the inscription.
是的 这是我做的 我认得那个刻印
It was commissioned only a few weeks ago.
几个星期前才刻上去的
Only a few weeks ago?
只有几个星期?
But it's meant to be a souvenir of something that happened in November.
但是这是为了纪念十一月的某件事
That's seven months.
那是七个月前的事
Yes,I wondered about that,too.
是的 我也不知道怎么回事
Can you tell me who ordered it?
可以告诉我是谁订的吗?
Yes,er...
可以 呃...
It was a lady.
是位女士
Give me a moment.
请稍等
Ah,here.
啊 找到了
A Mrs Van Dusen.
一位叫凡·杜森的女士
Van Dusen?
凡·杜森?
Yes,an elderly lady,
是的 如果我没记错的话
if I remember rightly.
是一位比较年长的女士
Dressed in black.
身穿黑色的衣服
With a fur cape.
和裘皮披肩
Grey hair,I think.
还有灰色的头发
Oh,yes,and she was wearing pince-nez.
噢,对了 她还戴着夹鼻眼镜
Don't get me wrong.
你们别理解错了
I enjoyed 'Private Lives' as much as anyone.
我跟别人一样喜欢“私人生活”这部作品
But Noel Coward is simply a passing fashion.
但是“科沃德”只是一时流行
Light-hearted and instantly forgettable.
轻松愉快 却易被遗忘
So,where do your passions lie,Mr Ross?
那么 罗斯先生 您对什么感兴趣呢?
Well,at the moment,I have to say,I am fascinated by the 'Judgement Of Paris'.
我得说 目前我被“帕里斯的审判”给迷住了
But Paris doesn't have any judgement at all when it comes to fashion.
可是说到时尚 巴黎是没有资格评判的
These days,one has to look to Milan and New York.
现在大家都只追随米兰和纽约的时尚
I was referring to the judgement of the shepherd boy,Paris.
我是在说对一个叫帕里斯的牧羊男孩的审判
He gave the golden apple to Aphrodite
他把金苹果给了阿佛洛狄特
and so sparked off the war with Troy.
因而引发了与特洛伊的战争
Oh.
噢
That Paris.
那个帕里斯啊
Why do we have to talk about theatre all of the time?
我们为什么要一直讨论戏剧呢?
Percy,you must be bored rigid.
珀西 你一定觉得很无聊吧
No,I could never be bored with you.
不会 跟你在一起我永远都不觉得无聊
Paris...
帕里斯...
Mrs Van Dusen?
凡·杜森太太?
You are sure of this name,Miss Lemon?
你确定是这个名字吗 莱蒙女士?
Absolutely,Mr Poirot.
绝对确定 波罗先生
Then this is the same lady that Jane Wilkinson met here at this hotel
那她也是简·威尔金森在她丈夫被害当晚
on the night that her husband was murdered.
在这个酒店会面的女人
Here we are,sir. Mrs Van Dusen.
就是这里 先生 凡·杜森太太
Room 174. She booked in for one night.
174号♥房♥ 她在这里订了一晚
One night only?
只有一晚上?
Yes,sir.
是的 先生
Actually,I do remember her,
实际上 我还记得她
now I think about it. An American lady.
让我想一下 是个美国女人
Elderly. She wore...
比较年长 她戴着...
Pincenez. Yes.
夹鼻眼镜? 对
I wouldn't remember her,
我本来是对她没印象的
only the maid said the bed wasn't slept in,
只是服务员说她的房♥间当晚没人睡
which seemed odd at the time.
这有点奇怪
Oh,Poirot.
喔 波罗
Ah,Hastings.
啊 黑斯廷斯
How went the lunch? Oh,it went pretty well.
你的午宴怎么样? 噢 相当好啊
They were all there. Brian Martin,Penny Driver,
大家都在 布莱恩·马丁 潘妮·瑞福
Jane Wilkinson,and even the Duke of Merton.
简·威尔金森 甚至还有莫顿公爵
Oh,and that writer chap,Donald Ross,was there.
哦 还有那个作家唐纳德·罗斯也在
He asked you to telephone him.
他让你打电♥话♥给他
Comment?
有什么事吗?
Yes,he seemed puzzled by something.
是的 好像他对一些事情感到迷惑不解
He gave me his card.
他把名片给我了
When was this,Hastings?
这是什么时候的事 黑斯廷斯?
Half an hour ago.
半个小时前
And he asked me to telephone him in front of all those people?
他在这么多人面前说让我给他电♥话♥?
Yes.
是啊
They have a telephone at the desk,Mr Poirot.
前台这里就有电♥话♥ 波罗先生
May I use your telephone,please?
我可以用下电♥话♥吗?
Of course,sir.
当然可以 先生
Merci.
谢谢
This is Donald Ross.
我是唐纳德·罗斯
Ah,Mr Poirot. Thank you for calling.
啊 波罗先生 感谢您的来电
I didn't want to bother you,
我不想打扰您
but there's something to me that
但是有些事情我觉得很奇怪
seems odd in connection with Lord Edgware's death.
应该是跟埃奇威尔勋爵的死有关
It was Paris that set me off.
是帕里斯给了我灵感
It suddenly got me thinking.
我突然想到
Just a moment.
稍等一下
Stabbed in the neck. Same as Lord Edgware.
直刺入脖子 跟埃奇威尔勋爵被杀时一样
And it actually happened while he was talking to you on the telephone?
他是在跟你讲电♥话♥的时候被害的?
But before he had time to explain to me what he wished to say.
是啊 不过他还没来得及说出想告诉我的事
This is all my fault,Poirot.
都是我的错 波罗
If only I'd stayed with him.
如果我当时跟他待在一起的话就好了
Not at all,Hastings.
没关系 黑斯廷斯
The fate of Monsieur Donald Ross,
这是唐纳德·罗斯先生的命
it was settled the moment he spoke my name.
当他说出我的名字时他的悲剧就已经注定了
Someone at that lunch must have overheard him,
一定是午宴时有人偷听到他的话
followed him back here and then...
跟着他来到这里 然后...
Yes,but which one of them was it?
是的 只是会是他们当中的谁呢?
And why?
为什么呢?
I mean,this chap was just a writer. A nobody.
这小伙子只是个作家 无名小卒
How would he know anything about anything?
他怎么会发现一些不为人知的事呢?
He managed to mention only... the name of Paris.
他跟我提到了...帕里斯这个名字
Paris?
帕里斯?
I think it must have triggered a memory which until then had remained hidden.
我想它一定是让他想起了什么
Wasn't Lord Edgware going to Paris?
埃奇威尔勋爵不是也说要去巴黎?
Didn't he say he was going to buy a painting?
他有没有说他想要买♥♥一副画?
Tell me,Hastings,
告诉我 黑斯廷斯
at that luncheon,who was the first to leave?
午宴上谁是第一个离开的?
Er,Brian Martin...
呃 布莱恩·马丁...
and Penny Driver,
和潘妮·瑞福
then Jane Wilkinson and the Duke of Merton.
然后是简·威尔金森和莫顿公爵
No,wait a minute,it was actually the other way round.
不对 稍等 实际上正好相反
Sacr?
可不是吗?
Oh,Hastings!
哦 黑斯廷斯!
I have been so foolish.
我真是太笨了
And yet,it is so simple.
一切都很简单
The five questions?
还记得那五个问题吗?
Yes?
怎么了?
The answers,Hastings,
所有问题的答案 黑斯廷斯
they fall into place at last.
最终一个个地浮出水面了
I'm afraid Lady Edgware isn't in,sir.
恐怕埃奇威尔夫人不在家 先生
But it is not Lady Edgware I have come to see,Mademoiselle Alice.
但我不是来找埃奇威尔夫人的 爱丽丝小姐
It is you.
我是来找你的
I have here a letter,
我这有封信
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表