If you don't believe me,you only have to come round.
如果你不相信我 你可以亲自过来取
Ronald. Gerry,my dear.
罗纳德 杰拉 亲爱的
So,how does it feel?
感觉如何?
What?
什么?
To be the new Lord Edgware?
成为新埃奇威尔公爵的感觉?
No more creditors,for a start. It's splendid.
从现在开始再没有人向我追债了 简直太棒了
Have you spoken to the police yet?
你和警♥察♥谈过了吗?
Yes. They were at the house this morning.
是的 他们今早去过我家
A Chief Inspector and this weird,little French detective.
一个探长和有一个古怪的法国侦探
Oh,that'll be Hercule Poirot.
噢 那肯定是赫尔克里·波罗
So he's on the case?
这么说这个案子他插手了?
Did you tell him where you were last night?
你告诉他昨晚你在哪了吗?
Yes. I said I was at the opera.
说了 我说我在剧院
That's right.
很好
Anyway,they weren't interested in me.
总之 他们对我没兴趣
It's Jane they want to see.
他们感兴趣的是简
Poor Jane.
可怜的简
She's starring in my new play,you know.
她还要主演我的新话剧呢
Or she was.
或者说是曾经的主演
Of course,if they arrest her...
当然 如果他们逮捕了她...
You can always recast.
你就可以另选新角
Oh,look,Captain Hastings.
噢 看 黑斯廷斯上校
There's a basement flat here on the Talgarth Road.
泰尔加斯路有个地下室公♥寓♥
Oh.
噢
I wonder who that can be.
会是谁呢
It is perhaps Lady Edgware.
有可能是埃奇威尔女士
Do you think so?
你这样认为吗?
With the Chief Inspector,as you say,Hastings,breathing down the neck,
黑斯廷斯 如你所说 那个探长对她紧追不放
she will be in need most assuredly of my assistance.
我确信她需要我的帮助
You sound almost hopeful,Poirot.
听起来很有道理 波罗
Mr Poirot!
波罗先生!
Monsieur Martin.
马丁先生
I hope you don't mind my coming,Mr Poirot,
波罗先生 我希望你不介意我来
but I was wondering,there's something I was hoping you'd take on for me?
我想 我有事需要你的帮助
If you please to sit,monsieur.
先生 请坐
Well,the thing is,you see,I er...
那件事 我呃...
I have a friend,a lady friend,
我有位朋友 女性朋友
and she's being followed.
她被人跟踪了
And this lady friend of yours,she calls herself...?
你这位女性朋友 她叫...?
I can't tell you her name. Not yet.
我不能告诉你她的名字 现在还不行
But I was with her the other day,
但那天我跟她一起
and I actually saw the chap.
我实际上看见了那家伙
Well,he's an ugly-looking fellow.
他是一个长相丑陋的家伙
He's clean-shaven. He has glasses.
没有留胡子 带着眼镜
Oh,and he has a gold tooth.
噢 他还有一颗金牙
You spoke to this man?
你跟这人说话了吗?
No,he was there one minute,gone the next.
没有 他停留了一下 然后就走了
And I wish I could tell you more.
我希望可以多告诉你些
But if the lady were to agree,do you think you could possibly look into it?
如果那位女士同意的话 你能去调查一下吗?
I find the whole story most interesting.
可以 当然可以 我觉得整件事挺有趣的
That is a relief.
我这就放心了
I was very pleased to run into you the other night,Mr Poirot.
波罗先生 很高兴那天晚上遇见你
Do you remember,with Jane Wilkinson?
你还记得吗 我当时和简·威尔金森一起?
Yes,indeed.
记得 当然记得
I was thinking about her,you know,and about her husband.
我在想她 还有她丈夫
It was just such an extraordinary thing for her to say,
对她来说真是件不寻常的事
that she'd thought about killing him.
她说她想杀了她丈夫
Do you think she had it in her to commit murder?
你认为她会杀人吗?
I'm sure of it.
我确信
I know her,you see. She's terribly sweet on the surface.
我了解她 她外表甜美
But she would kill as easily as drink her morning tea. Believe me.
但是她杀人就像喝茶一样简单 相信我
Perhaps you are not aware that the husband of Lady Edgware...
也许你还不知道 埃奇威尔夫人的丈夫
he was indeed murdered last night.
昨晚确实被谋杀了
What?
什么?
Murdered?
被杀?
You're not being serious?
你开玩笑的吧?
It is not a subject about which I have the habit to joke,monsieur.
先生 我可不喜欢拿这种事情开玩笑
No,but that's... Oh,my God!
是的 但是这个... 啊 天啊!
What I was saying just now,I didn't mean...
我刚才所说的 我不是...
Therefore,by necessity,this matter of yours,the man with the gold tooth...
所以 你的事 那个有金牙的男人
Yes,of course. That will have to wait.
是的 当然 那个可以稍后再处理
Oui.
好的
You will speak nonetheless to this lady friend of yours,
你得跟你那位女性朋友谈谈
and if she wishes for me to investigate on her behalf,then...
如果她愿意我帮她调查 那么...
Thank you very much,Mr Poirot. I'm very grateful for your time.
多谢 波罗先生 多谢你抽时间见我
Monsieur.
先生
Miss Lemon. Mr Poirot.
莱蒙小姐 波罗先生
This way,Mr Martin.
这边请 马丁先生
So tell me,Hastings. What is your opinion of all this?
黑斯廷斯 告诉我 你怎么看待这件事?
It seems strange that he comes to you for your advice and yet tells you so very little.
很奇怪 他来咨♥询♥你的建议 却不告诉你详情
The same thought also had occurred to me.
我也这么想的
I didn't know you knew Brian Martin,Mr Poirot.
波罗先生 我不知道你认识布莱恩·马丁
He's a wonderful actor.
他是一个很棒的演员
We met him at the Gaiety Theatre the other night.
那天我们在欢乐剧院遇见他了
That cabaret. Carlotta Adams.
那场卡巴莱歌♥舞表演 还有卡洛塔·亚当斯
The impressionist. Mon Dieu!
那个很会模仿的人 天啊!
How could I have been so blind?
我怎么能这么后知后觉哪?
Mr Poirot?
波罗先生?
Telephone to the Gaiety Theatre at once.
立刻给欢乐剧院打电♥话♥
Ask for the address of Carlotta Adams.
问下卡洛塔·亚当斯的家庭住址
Tout de suite! Every minute is of value.
立刻去! 时间紧迫
What's the matter? I don't understand.
怎么了? 我不明白
Hastings,do you not see?
黑斯廷斯 你没发现吗?
But I have been so slow!
我怎么这么后知后觉啊!
Imbesile!
我真蠢!
How much,driver? One and five.
司机 多少钱? 1.5英镑
I only hope we are in time. Vite! Vite,mon ami!
我只希望我们还来得及 快点 快点 朋友!
Yes?
有事吗?
Mademoiselle...
小姐...
You are the maid of Miss Carlotta Adams?
你是卡洛塔·亚当斯小姐的女佣吗?
Yes.
是的
We must speak most urgently to your mistress.
我们急需跟你主人谈话
She's still in bed. She always gets up late when there's a performance.
她还在睡觉 有演出的时候她都起得很晚
So,you have spoken with her today?
那你今天跟她说过话了吗?
No,she's asleep.
没有 她还睡着
Quick,mademoiselle,we must see her.
快点 小姐 我们必须见她
Miss Adams!
亚当斯小姐!
Miss Adams!
亚当斯小姐!
It's locked!
门锁了!
You must call at once for the police,mademoiselle.
小姐 你必须马上给警♥察♥打电♥话♥
Hastings.
黑斯廷斯
Mademoiselle?
小姐?
We're too late.
我们来晚了
Sounds like an overdose to me,Poirot.
看着像是服药过量 波罗
Veronal,or something of the sort. The sleeping draught?
安♥眠♥药♥之类的东西 安♥眠♥药♥?
Of course,it could have been accidental.
当然 可能是场意外
No,I think not.
不 我不这样认为
So you're saying that Carlotta Adams
你是说卡洛塔·亚当斯
went to Regent Gate disguised as Lady Edgware?
假扮成埃奇威尔夫人去了瑞金特门?
And then had to be silenced to make sure the identlty of her employer remained secret.
然后被灭口 以保证雇主身份不被揭穿
So the idea was to frame Lady Edgware from the very start?
所以他们从一开始就想陷害埃奇威尔夫人?
Yes,Chief Inspector.
是的 探长
To ensure that she was hanged for a murder she did not commit.
以确保她因没犯过的案被绞死
I don't see it,Poirot.
我不明白 波罗
Non.
不明白
Then let me show you.
那我展示给你看
The wig,Chief Inspector.
假发 探长
That's the same colour and style as...
颜色及样式和...
Lady Edgware,yes.
埃奇威尔夫人的一样 是的
And now,Chief Inspector... Excuse me,Hastings.
现在 探长... 借过 黑斯廷斯
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表