剧集 | 法官大人(2020) | 导航列表
Yes.
那么 为什么他在获释前
So, why was he in a New Orleans jail
出现在新奥尔良监狱呢
prior to his release?
他被转狱了
He was transferred so...
这样他才能参加自己弟弟的葬礼
he could attend his little brother's funeral.
你小儿子怎么死的
How did your youngest son die?
被车撞死的
He was hit and killed by a car.
有人因为他的死而获刑吗
Was anyone charged with a crime in his death?
-有 -谁
Yes. - Who?
科菲·琼斯
Kofi Jones.
卡洛杀死的那个年轻人
The young man Carlo killed?
卡洛在看守所时他试图袭击卡洛
The young man who attacked Carlo in Carlo's jail cell.
那卡洛怎么会和科菲关在一起呢
How did Carlo end up in the same jail as Kofi?
-我刚说了 -不 你说的是
I just told you that. - No, you told me
为什么卡洛在奥尔良新区监狱
why Carlo was in OPP.
我问你的是他是怎么去那的
I'm asking you how he came to be there.
因为他要参加自己弟弟的葬礼
He was granted a transfer so he could attend
所以被转移到那去的
his little brother's funeral.
谁提交的转狱申请
Who made the request for that transfer?
我
I did.
-提交给谁了 -监狱长
To whom? - The warden.
这要求可不小
That's a pretty big request.
你一路开车到州立监狱
You drove all the way out to the state penitentiary
亲自向监狱长求助的吗
to personally ask the warden for a favor?
为我儿子我什么都肯做
I would do anything for my son.
但却不肯替他挡枪
Except take a bullet for him.
-反对 问题大于论述 -反对有效
Objection! Argumentative.
巴克斯特夫人
Sustained. - Mrs. Baxter,
你看到一个人拿枪指着卡洛 你为什么毫无反应
if you saw a gun pointed at Carlo, why didn't you react?
我再怎么反应能快的过子弹吗
React faster than a speeding bullet?
你都没试着挡在袭击者
You didn't even try to get in between
和你儿子中间吗
your child and the attacker?
-为我的孩子去死我都肯 -我信啊
I would die for my child. - I believe you.
所以我费了好大劲都不理解
Which is why I'm having a hard time understanding why,
为什么当有人用枪指着卡洛时
with a gun pointed at Carlo,
你毫无反应
you didn't react at all.
除非 你没看到枪
Unless, you didn't see the gun
因为你根本没看到枪手
because you didn't see the shooter.
tense, dramatic music
我知道自己看见了什么
I know what I saw.
谢谢你 巴克斯特夫人
Thank you, Mrs. Baxter.
陪审团的各位成员
Members of the jury,
请明天一早8:30之前向法警报道
please report to the deputy tomorrow morning before 8:30.
今天休庭
We will adjourn for the day.
-法官大人 -拉尔先生
Your Honor. - Yes, Mr. Rall?
控方请求修改
The State moves to amend
证人名单 我们需要增补迈克尔·德西亚托
the witness list. I would like to add a name,
为证人
Michael Desiato.
这 这也太荒谬了
Th-This is ridiculous.
我们之前有几周时间可以变更证人名单
We've had weeks to change that list.
可你现在才变更
To do so now,
简直就是检方的阴谋
is a ploy on behalf of the State.
两位律师
Counselors,
请来内庭进行讨论
let's do this in chambers.
休庭了
Court's adjourned.
拉尔先生 能解释一下
Mr. Rall, tell me why I should entertain
这次的变更是何理由吗
your motion to amend at this time?
德西亚托先生是一个特别的证人
Mr. Desiato is a unique witness.
从你的角度当然会这么说
That's one way to put it.
我一直希望不需要他出庭
It had been my hope to avoid calling him.
直到吉娜·巴克斯特的证词开始有点站不住脚了
Until Gina Baxter proved to be a less-than-ideal witness.
人们总问我
People often ask me
法官这工作最糟心的是什么
what the worst part of my job is.
他们认为是与被告打交道
They assume it's dealing with defendants
或面对罪案受害者
or facing the victims of crime, but you two,
但你们两个提醒了我
you remind me it's the lawyers
是律师们让我不愿意来工作
that make me dread coming to work.
拉尔先生
Mr. Rall,
你预先概括下德西亚托的证词吧
preview Mr. Desiato's testimony for me.
他是受害人的父亲 他能说明亚当是谁
He's the father of the victim, he can speak to who Adam was,
而且那晚他就在酒店
and he was at the hotel that night.
很有可能他本人目击了枪击
Potentially, he was an eyewitness to the shooting.
什么叫很有可能
What do you mean "potentially"?
我试图跟他对话 但他不肯开囗
Well, I tried to speak to him, but he was reluctant to talk.
但我相信他看到了枪手
But I do believe he saw the shooter.
他是幸存下来的受害人的父亲
He's the surviving father of the victim.
陪审团应该听取他的证词
The jury has a right to hear from him.
可你之前并不想让陪审团听取他的证词
Yet, you didn't always want the jury to hear from him.
鉴于律师对巴克斯特夫人的盘问
In light of counsel's cross-examination
控方现在认为有必要
of Mrs. Baxter, State now believes it's necessary
将一个确实在场的目击者列为证人
to put forward a substantiating eyewitness.
你的反对原因是什么 德拉米尔女士
And your objection, Ms. Delamere?
拉尔先生担心
Mr. Rall is worried
黑帮的朋友和家人的证词
that testimony from a mobster's friends and family
可能不是十分令人信服
might not come across as particularly trustworthy.
所以 作为绝望中的最后一招
And so, in a last act of desperation,
他想找一个前罪犯来出庭作证
he's gonna call a convicted criminal to testify.
有前科的人也可以作为目击证人 德拉米尔女士
People with rap sheets can still witness crimes, Ms. Delamere.
-我想说的是 -他们也有可能
But what I'm trying to... - They can also
对一个案件起到相反的作用 拉尔先生
do more damage to a case than good, Mr. Rall.
所以我需要你们俩在明天下班前
So I want you both to submit
同时提交备忘录
memos to my office by end of day tomorrow,
我会进行裁决
and then I'll make my ruling.
晚安了
Have a good night.
请
Please,
坐吧
have a seat.
我想给你仔细说说我的提议
Uh, I want you to give some thought to my offer.
也许我们可以一起干番大事
Maybe we can do big things together.
代价呢
At what cost?
你的投资人包括卡拉布里家族
Your investors include the Calabri family.
Mm.
我岳父的合伙人
Associates of my father-in-law's.
他们只提供资金
They've only provided capital.
他们在纽约做什么那是他们的事
What they do in New York is their business.
劝你别这样 嘴上说需要我作为智囊
Don't... tell me that you want me for my intellect
但却把我当傻子
and then treat me like a fool.
卡拉布里家族做什么跟我没关系
I have no interest in what the Calabri family does.
我跟他们不一样
That is not who I am.
在我们是谁和我们想要成为谁之间
There's a world of difference between who we are
有很大的区别
and who we want to be.
在牢里时
In prison...
有大把时间
there was so much time...
我有
Eh, time...
大把时间来考虑
for me to think about
自己的遗憾
all my regrets.
有好多事我希望自己当初没有做
And there's a lot of things that I wish I could take back.
但我想的最多的
But the one I thought about the most,
几乎每天都会考虑的
the one I thought about every day,
就是在码头的
was that moment
那一刻
at the marina,
当你 你用一把枪指着我的头时
when you, you put a gun to my head
因为你以为当时车是我开的
because you thought I was driving the car.
你以为是我杀死了你的儿子
You thought that I killed your son.
但我知道是亚当
Only I knew that it was Adam.
我没必要阻止你
I didn't have to stop you.
我其实可以
I could've just
就让你扣动扳机
let you pull the trigger.
这样亚当的秘密
And Adam's secret
就会跟我一同逝去
would have died with me.
如果对于一个家庭的
What if the true test
真正考验不是忠诚
of family isn't loyalty,
而是牺牲呢
剧集 | 法官大人(2020) | 导航列表