剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表
桑托勒姆刚宣布 有意参加总统竞选
The list of prospective candidates for the Republican nomination for president
共和党党内提名 参选总统的名单
may yet include another name.
或将新增一个名字
Earlier this week, former Pennsylvania senator
本周早些时候 前宾夕法尼亚参议员
Rick Santorum convened an exploratory committee...
里克·桑托勒姆召集人员组成试探委员会
And Sutton Wall is both black and gay.
沙顿·沃尔既是黑人又是同性恋
The senator is perhaps best known for his full-throated advocacy of social issues.
参议员以其在社会问题上的高调立场出名
Here to discuss how those positions and others
桑托勒姆在各种问题上的立场
may shape Mr. Santorum's bid for the White House
对他问鼎白宫有何影响呢
is his former deputy chief of staff Sutton Wall,
参与讨论的是他的前任副幕僚长沙顿·沃尔
an adjunct professor of American Studies at Temple University,
同时也是天普大学美国研究的客座教授
who will be serving as an advisor to the campaign throughout this process.
他将担任前参议员的竞选顾问
He teaches at Temple?
他在天普大学教书
Yeah.
对
So he has students?
所以他有学生
Yes, he has students.
对 他有学生
That-- that was absolutely not my intention.
那完全不是我的本意
Well, you're hardwired to hate bullies.
你天生讨厌恶霸
Like the way comic book heroes are born out of a childhood trauma.
就像漫画里有童年阴影的英雄一样
Santorum was the bully in that situation.
在他的问题上 桑托勒姆才是恶霸
Speaking to the "New York Times" in May 2005,
2005年5月在《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》访谈中
Senator Santorum said,
桑托勒姆曾说
"Gay marriage threatens my marriage.
"同性婚姻威胁到了我的婚姻
It threatens all marriages.
它威胁到了所有人的婚姻
It threatens the traditional values of this country."
还威胁到了我国的传统价值观"
Mr. Wall, how does gay marriage
沃尔先生 同性婚姻
threaten Mr. Santorum's marriage?
怎么就威胁到桑托勒姆先生的婚姻了
The senator believes that marriage
参议员认为婚姻
is defined as the union of one man and one woman.
应当是一男一女的结合
I understand that's what the former senator believes.
我明白前参议员是这么认为的
But what he said was that
但他说的是
gay marriages threatens his marriage and all marriages.
同性婚姻威胁到了他的乃至所有人的婚姻
And I'm asking you exactly how it's a threat.
我问的正是 这威胁从何而来
Sanctity of life is the number one issue
对里克·桑托勒姆而言
with Rick Santorum, and he believes...
生命的神圣是头等大事 他认为...
Mr. Wall, we'll get to purposely vague words like sanctity in a moment.
沃尔先生 请不要用"神圣"这种模糊的词
But I'd like you to try to answer the question.
请你正面回答我的问题
How is Mr. Santorum's marriage threatened
桑托勒姆先生的婚姻
by the gay couple two houses down also being married?
怎么就受到同性恋邻居的威胁了
Will, I was proud to serve on the senator's staff,
威尔 我很自豪曾效力于参议员
and I'll be proud to serve and
今后他若竞选总统
support him should he choose to run for president.
我也会自豪地支持并协助他
But that doesn't mean I necessarily agree with him on every single issue.
但这不代表 我赞同他的所有观点
Gay marriage is now legal in five states
同性婚姻已在五个州合法化
as well as the District of Columbia.
外加哥伦比亚特区
Has Mr. Santorum's marriage been suffering as a result?
桑托勒姆先生的婚姻是否因此而受影响
Has he complained to you
他可曾向你抱怨
that he and Mrs. Santorum seem to be fighting more or talking less?
他与妻子吵架多而交流少
Of course not.
当然没有
Has there been any infidelity in the last seven years
这七年来 他们夫妻间是否出现过不忠
or an inability to relate to their children
或是无法与子女相处
as a result of five states legalizing same-sex marriage?
而原因归咎于五个州的同性婚姻合法化
This is a preposterous line of questioning, sir.
你的问题非常荒谬 先生
I'm afraid it has to be, sir,
不荒谬不行 先生
because it's a preposterous assertion.
因为他的言论就很荒谬
Now, are you able to name one way
你能否举出一个例子
in which Mr. Santorum's marriage to Mrs. Santorum
桑托勒姆夫妇间的婚姻
is threatened by gay couples also having the right to marry?
因同性婚姻合法化 而受威胁
I...
我...
I am not able to name a way.
我举不出例子
Thank you.
谢谢
I could have just stopped it there.
我本该到此结束的
Does it bother you that Mr. Santorum thinks there's something wrong
桑托勒姆先生认为你有病 需要治
with you that should be fixed?
你不生气吗
Hang on, because I am sick and tired of these attacks,
慢着 我受够了这些攻击
these wrongheaded attacks against a great man and a great public servant.
以错误导向 攻击这位伟人 好公仆
Reasonable people can disagree about how great a man or how great a public
里克·桑托勒姆是不是伟人或好公仆
servant Rick Santorum is,
各人自有判断
but they can't disagree about the fact
但是无可否认
that he thinks you're a sick deviant who's threatening the fabric of society.
他认为你是威胁社会根基的异类
I have known this man for almost a decade,
我与他相识近十年
and I can tell you that he has treated me with nothing but respect.
我可以告诉你 他对我从没有不敬之举
This is Senator Santorum speaking to Fox News.
以下是桑托勒姆议员在FOX台的发言
Easy does it, Will. No, we're gonna do this thing.
点到为止就行了 不行 非得这样
...that this is the equivalent,
...在本质上相同
that being black and being gay is the same is simply not true.
说黑人和同性恋本质上相同 是不对的
There are all sorts of studies out there that suggest just the contrary,
各种研究表明恰恰相反
and there are people who were gay and lived a gay lifestyle
有人曾是同性恋 过着同性恋生活
and aren't anymore.
而现在不是了
I don't know if that's the similar situation.
两者的性质能一样吗
I don't think that's the case with anybody that's black.
黑人的肤色可没法改变
Mr. Santorum is forgiving you for being black
桑托勒姆先生原谅你是黑人
because there's nothing you can do about that.
因为你无法改变这一点
But you don't have to be gay.
但你可以不做同性恋
I will say it again. Mr. Santorum is a great man
我重申一次 桑托勒姆先生是个伟大的人
who would make a great president.
他会成为伟大的总统
He has never treated me with anything but the utmost respect.
他对我从来只有敬重
Except for finding you disgusting.
但他却觉得你很恶心
That is a lie. Will, don't...
这是谎言 威尔 别...
Has Rick Santorum on the floor of the US Senate
里克·桑托勒姆是否曾在参议院内
compared homosexuality to incest and bestiality?
公开将同性恋与乱♥伦♥和兽♥奸♥相提并论
Those remarks have been taken out of context over the years--
那些言论多年来被断章取义
Feel free to put the remarks in the proper context.
请您将它置于合适的前后文
He makes a clear distinction between homosexuality and homosexual acts.
他将同性恋和同性恋行为区分得很清楚
So he only finds you disgusting when you act like a homosexual?
所以只有你表现得像同性恋时 他才会恶心
He doesn't find me disgusting. Yes, he does.
他没有觉得我恶心 他有
And he also thinks you're less than a man.
他还认为你低人一等
No, he certainly does not. Come on.
他绝对没有 别问了
Our Declaration contains the words
独♥立♥宣言包含以下内容
We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal."
"下述真理当是不言而喻的 人人生而平等"
In order to arrive at the conclusion
若要认为
that homosexual love is something less than heterosexual love,
同性之爱低于异性之爱
you have to begin with the premise
其前提必然是
that a homosexual is something less than a man.
同性恋者低人一等
That's inescapable.
这点无可辩驳
And so I'm asking you to explain to me
那么我请问
why you would work for a man who believes that you're inferior?
他视你为低人一等 你为何还要为他工作
That you're damaged. That you're ill. Stop hitting him.
说你有残缺 病态 别攻击他了
Unnatural. A threat to children.
不自然 危害儿童
Unfit to serve in the military.
没资格服兵役
Unfit to be a parent. And unloved by God.
没资格为人父母 不为上帝所爱
I'm asking you, sir. Stop! Just stop!
我请问 先生 停 给我闭嘴
I believe in the sanctity of life.
我相信生命之神圣
And if that word is too vague for you, then look it up.
如果你觉得这个词模糊 去查字典
I support the senator because of all the candidates in the field,
我支持议员是因为 在所有候选者中
I believe he is the only one
他是唯一一个
whose passionon the issue of abortion equals my own.
在堕胎问题上和我一样热情的人
And I believe he has the skills to make a fantastic president.
我相信他有能力成为一个出色的总统
I am not talking...that's not...
我没有问你...这不是...
You will not interrupt me again, sir!
你不许再打断我 先生
I am more than one thing.
我是个活生生的人
How dare you reduce me to the color of my skin or my sexual orientation?
你怎能单凭我的肤色或性取向来评价我
There are people who look just like me,
世上有很多人和我一样
thousands and thousands who died for the freedom
千千万万的人为自♥由♥而献身
to define their own lives for themselves.
来诠释自己生命的意义
How dare you presume to decide what I should think is important?
你凭什么替我决定 什么才是重要的
Yes, when it comes to equality for the gay community,
没错 论及同性恋团体的平等权益时
Senator Santorum is wrong.
桑托勒姆参议员的观点是错的
But I am far more insulted by your high-handed implication
但我更不能接受 你专横地暗示
that I need your protection. Sir, I...
我需要你的保护 先生 我...
Shut up! I'll let you know when I'm finished.
剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表