剧集 | 肯尼迪家族(2011) | 导航列表
Tomorrow's Feast of the Assumption.
明天是圣母安息日
Jack should go to mass at St. Bernardine's
杰克应该去圣伯纳迪恩教堂去做弥撒
and glad-hand the wives and mothers.
拉拢那些妇女
Tomorrow night there's a wake for Dan Murphy's uncle Pat.
明晚会有人给丹·墨菲的叔叔帕特守灵
Jack needs to pay his respects.
杰克要过去致哀
I don't even know the guy.
我都不认识那个人
Doesn't matter. Pat was beloved.
那无所谓 因为帕特受人爱戴
I actually have a date tomorrow night.
其实 我明晚有一个约会
Send her over to me.
送她来我这儿
You're going to the wake.
你得去参加守灵
What the hell is that?
那边到底是什么情况
Joseph Russo.
约瑟夫·罗素
I never heard of him.
我怎么从来没听说过
Doesn't matter.
不要紧
Every Italian in this district has,
这里所有意大利裔都认识他
and that's a substantial amount of votes.
他可能会拉到很大一笔选票
Enough to win?
多到能赢吗
Enough to hurt us.
多到能威胁我们
And that is, uh, one of the reasons why I,
这就是我最初决定
uh, chose to run in this campaign, uh, to begin with.
参加竞选国会议员的 呃 原因之一
Um, having won the, uh, war,
我们赢得了 呃 战争
we must now win the peace.
还得能守得住和平
Um... you know, I don't believe
我不相信
that opportunity is a, uh, privilege.
这个机会是一种 呃 福祉
I believe it... that it's a-a right,
我相信它更是一种权利
and the people of Charlestown here,
在座的各位查尔斯镇的父老乡亲们
uh, they'll tell you,
呃 他们会告诉你
uh, they want less jobs.
呃 他们想要更少的工作机会
Um... they want... more jobs is what they want,
不 他们想要更多的工作机会
and, uh, the fact of the matter is that opportunity is, um,
真正问题在于 这里的人♥民♥ 呃
is what people in this area, uh, are striving for right now...
奋力以求的正是 呃 这种权利
We need new speech writers.
要换个演讲稿写手
I believe, uh, uh, not bureaucratic red tape...
我相信 呃 不需要官僚主义的繁文缛节
It's not what he's sayin'.
问题不是他说什么
It's how he's sayin' it...
而是他说话的样子
like English wasn't his mother tongue.
根本就不像个美国人在说话
We, uh, we've got to, uh, find opportunities,
我们 呃 我们必须要 呃 寻求机会
and, uh, uh, try to, uh...
然后 试着去 去
Uh, work on that,
致力于此
rather than, uh, you know, missing, uh,
而不必纠缠于
the... the, um, areas that we are missing in.
已经失去的部分
I-I can't do this!
我做不到
You want me to be Joe, and I'm not!
你想让我成为乔 但我不是他
Well, that's obvious.
我当然知道
Well, then save your money, for Christ sake!
那就省省你的钱吧 天哪
End it right now! I can't win.
到此为止吧 我赢不了
Yes, you can. Your name is Kennedy,
你能赢 你是肯尼迪家的人
and Kennedys never come second, ever.
肯尼迪家的人从不屈居人后
I've been listening to this since I was 4.
这话我从小听到大
Well, you can listen to it some more,
那就给我继续听下去
till it sinks in.
直到听进去为止
There's no ambiguity in him.
他从来都是说一不二
It's exhausting.
累死我了
What do you want to do?
你想怎么办
What do I want to do?
我想怎么办
I want to go to Harvard and teach history, chase girls.
我想去哈佛教教历史 泡泡姑娘
I'm not running against Russo and the others.
我这哪里是和罗素这些人竞选
I'm running against a ghost.
完全是白费功夫
I don't envy you, lad.
老弟 我知道你有苦衷
Gentlemen.
先生们
Sorry I'm late.
对不起来晚了
Use these.
拄上拐
What? What for?
什么 这是干嘛
You're a war hero. Look like one.
你是战斗英雄 就得做个样子
No.
不要
And now it's my great pleasure
接下来有幸向大家介绍
to introduce to you a young man...
这位年轻人
Gold Star Mothers, Jack.
这里可是金星母亲协会 杰克
Every one of 'em lost a son in the war.
她们都有儿子战死沙场
They'll be lookin' at you, but they'll be seein' them.
她们看的是你 想的可是自己的儿子
Mr. Jack Kennedy.
有请杰克·肯尼迪先生
Um, having won the war,
在赢得了战争之后
we must now win the peace.
我们还要守住和平
Uh, prosperity is a, uh, privilege.
繁荣是一种福祉
Um, not only a privilege, but also a right,
但又不只是一种福祉 更是一种权利
and I believe, as a congressman,
我相信 作为国会议员的我
uh, these are the sorts of organizations
非常愿意帮助
I would, uh, very much like to help,
这样的组织
and if I have the honor of representing you in Congress,
如果有幸在国会中成为诸位的代表
I can tell you right now that that'll be, uh, uh,
我现在就向你们保证
something that we will, um, work to, uh, to further,
一定会致力于促进这项事业
and we can... we can help organizations like this,
我们可以帮助这样的组织
and I can do that for all of you.
我一定会帮助你们
I can do that, uh,
我一定会实行
uh, by, uh, various tax incentives.
各种赋税刺♥激♥措施
Um, we can...
我们可以
I, uh...
我
I think I know how, uh, many of you feel.
我能理解你们很多人的感受
My, uh...
我的
my mother is a part of this organization.
我母亲也是这个组织的成员
She's a Gold Star Mother as well.
她也是"金星母亲"的一员
Our house is filled with many memories,
我的家庭也有着和你们同样的
just like yours.
伤心回忆
We, uh... we see my brother...
我们家到处
we see his smile everywhere,
都有哥哥微笑的照片
and my mother cries for him,
母亲经常为他哭泣
and there isn't a day that goes by
我们没有一天
that we don't think of Joe.
不在想念乔
He'll always be with us,
他永远和我们在一起
the same way that your sons will always be with you.
就像你们的儿子也永远和你们在一起
And I would say that this is exactly the sort of organization
我要说我们就是要
that we are gonna support.
全力支持这样的组织
This is the sort of organization that needs our help,
这样的组织需要我们的帮助
and we're gonna give it to 'em!
我们也一定倾力相助
This is the sort of organization that I believe in.
对这样的组织 我绝对信任
Let me represent this district in Congress,
请让我在国会中代表本选区
and I will serve your interests!
我会为你们谋幸福的
Ma'am, I appreciate that. Thank you so much. Thank you.
女士 谢谢你 非常感谢 谢谢
This is my... this is my son.
这是我儿子
He was lost at sea.
他是在海上失踪的
They liked him.
她们真心喜欢他
That's 'cause he spoke from the heart.
他的话发自肺腑
That's what it's all about.
所以才会这样
So what do you think, Jimmy?
你看呢 吉米
I think we turned a corner tonight.
今晚终于见到转机
I think we're gonna make it.
我想我们赢定了
We're gonna try.
我们会尽力的
What do you mean "try"?
什么叫"尽力"
I'm still worried about Russo.
我还是担心罗素
We're behind in his district.
我们在他的选区仍然落后
Well, what are we doing about it?
那我们要怎么做
You think I should throw more money at it?
投入更多的资金吗
Money's not the problem.
问题不在钱
Neither's organization.
也不在组织
We've got more volunteers than anyone.
我们的志愿者是最多的
We got the Kennedy razzle-dazzle.
我们还有肯尼迪家族的响亮名号♥
But we're Irish, and Russo's Italian,
但我们是爱尔兰裔 罗素是意大利裔
and there's nothing you can do about that.
在这点上我们无能为力
Here he comes. Mr. Kennedy!
他来了 肯尼迪先生
Hey, Jimmy. How are ya?
吉米 你好
剧集 | 肯尼迪家族(2011) | 导航列表