剧集 | 肯尼迪家族(2011) | 导航列表
You should get some sleep.
你得去睡一会儿
Come on.
来吧
And all those men...
而那些战士
They're never coming home because of me.
因为我 他们永远都回不了家了
How could you let this happen?
你怎么能允许这种事情发生
What are you talking about, Dad?
您说什么呢 爸爸
I'm talking about this Bay of Pigs thing.
我说的是猪湾发生的事
How could you let Jack do it?
你怎么能允许杰克那么做
I-I wasn't in those meetings.
我根本没参加那些会议
That's foreign policy.
那属于外交政策
Well, you should have been.
你应该去参加的
Now listen to me, Bobby,
现在听我说 波比
I know you didn't want to be in the Cabinet,
我知道你不想进内阁
that you wanted to be on your own, but you've got the job,
你想依靠自己 但是你已肩负使命
and your job is to support your brother.
而你的使命就是支持你哥哥
That's precisely what I've been doing.
一直以来我也正是努力致力于此
I do support my brother. Not enough.
我的确是支持我哥哥的 还不够
You have to be the sounding board
你必须要回应
for every major decision he makes.
他所做出的每个重大决策
His presidency's in trouble,
他的总统生涯正受到威胁
and you need to fix it.
而你要负责弥补
Bobby and I'll come up Friday.
波比和我周五会过去
Mr. President,
总统先生
the Attorney General's here to see you.
司法部长来见您了
What's everyone telling you to do?
他们让你怎么做
Hunker down.
少露面
Avoid the press.
避开媒体
Sons of bitches.
一帮狗♥娘♥养♥的
They want this job, they can have it tomorrow.
他们想当总统的话 我明天就让给他们
So where do we go from here?
那我们应该怎样应对
Well, hopefully, there'll be a natural disaster
但愿世界其它某个地区
some other part of the world,
会发生点自然灾害
and people will forget about the man-made disaster right here.
那样的话人们就会忘记这里人为的灾难了
Listen, I wish I could have been here for you.
我希望我当时能够在这里支持你
Sorry.
抱歉
Jesus, Bobby,
上帝啊 波比
I made so many mistakes with this damned thing.
我在这件蠢事上犯下了太多的错误
Not having you around was another one of my screwups.
没让你跟着我是我搞砸的另一件事
Listen, covert action was justified, Jack.
间谍活动当时是正当的 杰克
You were trying to liberate a-an oppressed people.
你是在努力解放一群受压♥迫♥的人♥民♥
You weren't committing a crime.
你那并不是在犯罪
Unfortunately, it didn't work.
不幸的是 计划并没有成功
No, it didn't.
是 是没有成功
Well, not this time.
这次是没成功
But we're gonna fix this.
但是我们会挽回一些
We're--we're gonna get Castro out of there,
我们 我们要把卡斯特罗消灭掉
one way or the other.
总有办法的
Now I gotta figure out how long to hide
现在我得考虑一下要过多久
before I show my face again.
我才能再公开露面
Why not show it tomorrow?
明天怎么样
Hold a press conference.
开一个记者招待会
You stand up in front of the American people
你站在美国民众面前
and tell them you made a mistake.
告诉他们你犯了一个错误
Use the entire country as my confessional?
把整个国家当成我的告解室
That's very Catholic of you, Bobby.
你这主意很有天主教色彩啊 波比
Not very Presidential.
但是对于总统可不太适合
Yeah, well, maybe not,
是啊 也许不适合吧
but at least it's human.
但是至少这算是人类的做法
When all else fails, tell the truth.
无计可施不如坦白相告
In Havana,
在哈瓦那
Fidel Castro claimed victory at the Bay of Pigs
菲德尔·卡斯特罗宣告在猪湾之战中
over Washington's imperialist warmongers.
击溃美帝♥国♥主♥义♥ 取得胜利
Speaking, at times hysterically,
在大批情绪高昂的民众前
to large and enthusiastic crowds,
卡斯特罗发表了狂热的演讲
Castro did not mention President Kennedy by name,
演讲中未提到肯尼迪总统
but he promised that Cuba would defend itself to the last man
不过他保证 古巴将反抗至最后一人
if there is another attempt by the United States
只要美国胆敢再次
to overthrow his Communist regime.
侵犯他的共♥产♥主义政♥府♥
Mr. President? Mr. President?
总统先生 总统先生
Our intention was, of course, to, uh, help the Cuban people
我们的本意当然是帮助古巴人♥民♥
free themselves from the Communist yoke.
推♥翻♥共♥产♥主义暴♥政♥
Um, there's an old saying that, uh,
有句老话说得好
victory has a, uh, hundred fathers,
胜利是有一百个爸爸
defeat is an orphan.
失败却是一个孤儿
This is, uh, not to deny responsibility.
这不是推脱责任
Uh, I am the, uh, responsible officer of the government,
我是本届政♥府♥的负责人
that much is obvious.
这是显而易见的
The, uh, brave volunteers
那些在猪湾奋战的
at the, uh, Bay of Pigs
勇敢的志愿战士们
uh, believed that Communism in this hemisphere was intolerable
坚信共♥产♥主义在西半球是不可容忍♥的
and that freedom in Cuba was inevitable.
他们相信古巴的解放是必然的
I believe, uh, in the inevitable defeat
而我坚信 全球范围内苏联模式的失败
of Communism throughout the world.
也是不可避免的
Mr. President? Mr. President?
总统先生 总统先生
Yes.
是
Gentlemen, how are you?
你们好 先生们
Mr. President, I've begun to put an assessment together
总统先生 我正对行动的失败进行评估
as to why the operation did not achieve its desired result.
为什么行动没有达到预期结果
Well, that's fine, but I'm, uh, less interested in a post mortem
很好 但我对事后诸葛亮没什么兴趣
than where we go from here.
更希望知道如何着手将来
Where do you want to go, Mr. President?
那么你想谈什么呢 总统先生
Well, Castro's gonna continue to be a problem.
卡斯特罗将继续是个问题
And, uh, this government is, uh, committed to, uh, resolving that.
本届政♥府♥将致力解决这个问题
I'd just like to go on the record, sir,
我只想强调 先生
that the CIA's information
中情局关于古巴人♥民♥
about the reaction of the Cuban people
对于起义的看法
was based on contact with dissidents
是建立在对卡斯特罗身边
among Castro's inner circle.
持♥不♥同♥政♥见♥者了解的基础上的
Very good. You're on the record, Mr. Dulles.
很好 杜勒斯先生 你强调完了
I, uh, think it's important to stress to our allies
我认为我们有必要告知盟友
and the Communists that, uh, despite this setback,
与共♥产♥党 尽管出师不利
that our resolve is not diminished.
但我们决心不减
That's a fine sentiment, Mr. President,
这个观点很好 总统先生
but the Russians are gonna look at it as weak,
但俄♥国♥人会将其视为软弱的表现
and made significantly weaker
而您今天早上的新闻发布会
by your press conference this morning.
更是雪上加霜
Well, I don't know if I follow you.
我不确定我是否理解你的想法
The idea of the Commander in Chief
一个总司令
apologizing for a military operation...
居然为一次军事行动道歉
Let's just say I've never seen anything like it.
我从来没见过这么做的
Well, I-I am known for breaking new ground.
我一向是以独辟蹊径出名的
You may enjoy your witticisms,
你在这逞口舌之快
but there are a hundred dead men out there.
在那里牺牲了百余生命
How dare you, sir? Might I remind you,
你怎么敢这么说话 难道要我提醒你
you're speaking to the President of the United States?
你正在对美♥利♥坚♥合众国的总统说话吗
And his apology, as you call it,
他的道歉 也就是你刚提到的
was one of the-- the bravest things any President has ever done,
是历届所有总统中最勇敢的举动之一
and I think we're gonna come out of this
我认为因为这个道歉
stronger than ever because of it.
我们会更加坚不可摧
So--so if you can't see your own culpability in this mess,
如果你无法从这烂摊子中反省自己的错误
I-I-I suggest that you don't belong in this room
我认为你不属于这里
or this Administration.
或者本届政♥府♥
And that goes for everyone else here.
这句话同样适用与其他任何人
Well, you all know my brother Bobby.
你们可都认识我的弟弟波比了
General, I understand you're not pleased with my performance,
将军 我理解你不满意我的表现
and you consider me inexperienced.
你认为我缺乏经验
Well, I just got a hell of a lot of experience,
现在我赚了经验一箩筐
and I intend to use it to make sure
而我从中学到的是
nothing like this ever happens again.
类似事件决不允许再次发生
Thank you, Mr. President.
谢谢你 总统先生
剧集 | 肯尼迪家族(2011) | 导航列表