剧集 | 肯尼迪家族(2011) | 导航列表
The Midwest'll be fine.
中西部不会有问题的
we have no choice but to take Illinois.
我们必须拿下伊利诺伊州
We could lose, uh, Michigan and Wisconsin,
我们可能会输掉密歇根和威斯康辛州
which I suspect we will.
我原本料想的也是这样
And, uh, you know, we just can't afford to lose Illinois.
伊利诺伊州我们可输不起
Oh, we'll take it. Chicago'll come through.
我们不会输的 芝加哥会挺过来的
How do you know?
你怎么知道
Well, there are more Catholics there than there are in Rome.
那儿的天主教♥徒♥比罗马的还要多
I threw enough money at 'em to keep 'em in wafers till 1980.
我砸进去的钱够他们二十年衣食无忧了
So don't worry.
所以你不用担心
So, uh, what's on your mind?
你在想什么呢
Uh, well, you know, I, uh,
这个嘛 我
I know it's gonna be...
我知道
hectic here for the next few weeks, so, uh...
接下来的几周这儿会非常忙 所以
I-I just wanted to, um...
我只是想
Uh, well, I want to discuss with you...
我想跟你讨论一下
what, uh, I want to do after tonight.
今晚过后我的打算
What are you going to do?
你打算做什么
Well, uh,
我
Dad, I-I want to... I want to get out of politics.
爸爸 我想退出政界
I want to, uh,
我想
move the family to Boston
带一家子搬到波士顿去
and, uh, open my own practice,
开一家我自己的律师事务所
spend more time with Ethel and the children.
多花点时间陪陪伊索尔和孩子们
That's about it, really.
就这样 真的
Good idea.
好主意
You really feel that way?
你真这么认为吗
Absolutely.
当然
You made a big sacrifice for Jack,
你为了杰克做出了很大的牺牲
and I love you for it.
我很感激你
So whatever you decide to do,
所以不管你决定做什么
I'll be in your corner, just as I was for Jack.
我都会支持你 就像我支持杰克一样
And I-I know
我知道
I-I rode you pretty hard at times,
我有时候对你很苛刻
but if Jack makes it to the White House,
但如果杰克成功入主白宫了
we both know it was you that put him there.
我们都知道你功不可没
I-I...
我
I really appreciate that, Dad.
很感激你能这么说 爸爸
Bobby. Yeah?
波比 怎么了
Bobby...
波比
Thank you, Bobby, for making my dream come true.
谢谢你 波比 帮我实现了梦想
Thank you, Dad.
谢谢你 爸爸
No, I'm sorry. He's not available.
不好意思 他不在
He'll get back to you.
他会回电♥话♥给你的
He said he was going out for some air.
他说他出去透气了
I said, uh, I said...
我说 我说
How we doing in the midwest?
中西部的情况怎么样
Midwest is fine.
挺好的
Bobby, she, uh, she works here.
波比 她在这儿工作
So let her work.
那你让她工作就是了
I would appreciate it
我拜托你
if you would just have a little more sensitivity and not do that here.
稍微敏感一点 别在这儿干那种勾当
I mean, Jackie's upstairs.
杰姬就在楼上
I know where she is.
我知道她在哪儿
You're unbelievable, you know.
你真是不可理喻
Hey. Always the altar boy,
你一直都是我的最佳拍档
aren't ya?
对不对
I talked to, uh, Henry Luce today.
我今天跟亨利·鲁斯谈过了
Yeah? What did he say?
哦 他说什么了
I gave it to him for about 45 minutes.
我给他45分钟采访时间 作为交换
He helped me take a look at the article.
他帮我看了看那篇文章
Well, I think I'm, uh, more nervous than you are.
我觉得我比你还紧张
How are you feeling?
你感觉怎么样
Well, my knee's still killing me
我的膝盖还是疼得要死
from that blind-side hit you put on me yesterday.
昨天玩橄榄球的时候被你打了一下
No, no, I mean, uh, about getting married.
不 我是问你对于结婚感觉怎么样
All right. All right.
好了 好了
We'll get this show on the road just as soon
仪式马上就开始 等我跟新郎
as I've had a man-to-man talk with the bridegroom.
说完男人之间的对话
Newsreels are turning like it's a coronation.
这么多记者 搞得好像加冕礼一样
They're calling it the wedding of the decade.
他们管这个叫世纪婚礼
I will see you at the altar.
我去圣坛那儿等你
No, no. No, you can stay. I'll be quick.
别 你就待这儿 我很快就说完
I'm renting the cardinal by the hour.
请来的红衣主教可是按小时付费的
You got yourself a good girl.
你找到了一个好姑娘
Jackie's smart, uh, well-bred, damn attractive.
杰姬聪明 有教养 还很漂亮
That's all to our advantage.
这对我们来说都是好事
Is that our man-to-man talk?
这就是男人之间的对话吗
No, no. Not exactly. Uh...
不是 不是这个
Just...
我只想说
Just stay discreet.
行事谨慎一点
Wives don't expect fidelity,
妻子不指望你对她完全忠诚
but they don't want infidelity thrown in their faces.
但也不会容忍♥你的出轨做得太嚣张
What? No, no. Dad, why would you even say that?
爸爸你说什么呢 你怎么能说这种话
That's not true.
这话一点都不对
Jack, remember, you... you take that vow before God.
记好了杰克 你可是在上帝面前发誓的
Sometimes you make me think I've failed as a father.
有时候你让我觉得我这个父亲当得真失败
Thanks, Dad.
谢谢 爸爸
Above all, make sure the girls are discreet.
最重要的是 找的女人要谨慎一点
I knew...
我知道
what I was getting myself into.
自己嫁给了一个什么样的人
I... all the women throwing themselves at him...
所有的女人都向他投怀送抱
I just thought he'd...
我原以为他会
throw some of them back.
多少会懂得拒绝
I'll talk to him.
我会跟他谈谈的
And tell him what?
怎么跟他说
"Just don't get caught"?
"小心别被逮到"吗
That's not a solution.
那样解决不了问题
Well, what do you want me to do?
那你想要我怎样
Nothing.
没什么
I just wanted you to know that I'm...
我只是想让你知道我
going to file for divorce.
要提出离婚
Well, y-y-you're upset.
你 你现在很生气
I-I understand that, but, um...
我 我能理解 但是
He'll grow up.
他会成长的
He'll change.
他会悔改的
He can't change.
他不可能悔改
This is what he is. This is...
这就是他的本性 是他
how he's been raised.
从小耳濡目染的
Don't talk to me about how he's been raised.
他是怎样长大的我比你更清楚
Jackie, if you, uh,
杰姬 如果你
if you divorce him, his career would be over.
如果你跟他离婚 他的事业就完了
Everything he's worked for...
他为之奋斗的一切
It would destroy him.
那样会毁了他的
And what about me?
那我呢
Don't I deserve a life?
我就不配拥有正常的生活吗
Yes, you do, and you'll have one.
不 你会如愿以偿的
Do you think Jack's gonna be
你以为杰克这辈子
in the senate for the rest of his life?
就只会在参议院混吗
He's gonna run for president in 1960
他会在1960年竞选总统
and he's gonna win. Have you told him?
并最终获胜 你跟他提过吗
That makes you the first lady at the age of 31.
到那时 31岁的你就会成为第♥一♥夫♥人♥
What difference does that make if...
如果他不重视我 就算那样
he doesn't respect me?
又有什么分别
He respects you.
他重视你
And he loves you.
而且他爱你
He keeps telling me all the time,
他总是不停地对我说
you're the best thing that ever happened.
你是他这辈子最美丽的邂逅
To his career.
是对他的事业来讲吧
To him.
是对他自身来讲
剧集 | 肯尼迪家族(2011) | 导航列表