剧集 | 肯尼迪家族(2011) | 导航列表
and Jack's gonna rely on you,
杰克以后还要仰仗你
but we gotta win first.
但首要的是先赢下选举
Now those Baptists in your state
现在你们州的那些浸信会的教♥徒♥
are worried about this Catholic thing.
在因为天主教的问题庸人自扰
Now you gotta let 'em know
现在你得让他们知道
that he won't let his strings be pulled by the pope.
杰克肯定不会受到教皇的影响
Yeah, I know you will, Harry.
是 我知道你会的 哈利
You're a true patriot.
你是个货真价实的爱国者
Yes, regards to Bess.
好 替我向贝丝问好
Thank you.
谢谢
That son of a bitch.
这个婊♥子♥养♥的♥
You know he wouldn't let 'em drink scotch in the White House
你知道吗 他当初不许白宫里喝威士忌
'cause I own the import rights?
就是因为我掌握着进口权
Joe, dear, are you ready?
乔 亲爱的 准备好了吗
For what?
准备什么
Will you come to mass with me?
你跟我去做弥撒吗
Oh, Rosie,
哦 罗丝
I've got a stack of calls this high,
我要打的电♥话♥推起来这么高
each one more important than the last.
一个比一个重要
What could be more important than praying for Jack?
有什么事比替杰克祈祷还重要吗
Getting the Polack vote out in Detroit.
争取到底特律波兰裔的选票
I'll go with you tomorrow, sweetheart,
亲爱的 我明天跟你去
after Jack's elected.
在杰克赢得大选以后
See that he eats a good lunch,
看着他好好吃午饭
will you, Michelle, dear?
好吗 米歇尔 亲爱的
Yes, Mrs. Kennedy.
好的 肯尼迪夫人
Finest wife a fellow could have.
得妻如此 夫复何求
But I don't understand her faith.
我只是不理解她的信仰
I admire it, but I don't understand it.
我很钦佩 就是不理解
You don't believe that God had a hand in all this?
你不相信冥冥之中上帝之手操控着这一切吗
Oh, absolutely.
当然
Here is God's hand,
这是上帝之手
my hand.
我的手
Gotcha!
逮到你啦
Ooh! Hey. Just shot off the first down.
我刚下飞机就过来了
How are you? Good. You?
你好吗 我很好 你呢
Good. Jackie all right?
我也很好 杰姬还好吧
I think she's fine, really.
我想她挺好的 真的
I ran into the crew of WBX.
我刚才碰到了WBX的人
They said she wasn't feeling well,
他们说她不太舒服
couldn't do the interview.
没法参加采访
No, Jack just wanted her to rest.
没 杰克就是想让她休息一下
She's... she's fine.
她 她没事
Well, I can, uh, pinch-hit for her
那我可以替她上阵
if, uh, you think it would help.
如果 你觉得有帮助的话
I can tell 'em
我可以告诉他们
what it's like to be part of the Kennedy team.
成为肯尼迪团队的一员是什么样的
You wouldn't mind doing that?
你真愿意吗
I think you'd be great.
我想你会做得很好
I'm gonna tell 'em.
那我告诉他们啦
I'll go get changed. All right.
我这就去换衣服 好的
There's Daddy and me at our wedding.
这是爸爸和我在婚礼上
Who's that?
这是谁
Grandma and Grandpa.
奶奶和爷爷
Daddy and me.
爸爸和我
Who's that?
这是谁呀
Your Uncle Joe.
你的乔大伯
I don't have an Uncle Joe.
我才没有叫乔的大伯呢
He was Daddy's older brother.
他是爸爸的哥哥
Wasn't he handsome?
他是不是很帅
Ambassador Kennedy is very anxious to talk to the governor.
肯尼迪大使急切希望同州长通话
Well, can you ring through to the residence?
那能否帮我接通州长住所
All right. Yes.
好吧 是
Please have him call Ambassador Kennedy as soon as he arrives.
请他到达后马上给肯尼迪大使回电
Yes. Thank you.
是的 谢谢你
Left word for Governor Brown.
已经给布朗州长留言了
Why are they writing about me?
他们怎么这么写我
"Wall street manipulator,
"华尔街操盘手
appeaser of Hitler"... none of it's true.
姑息希♥特♥勒♥" 没一句是真的
You shouldn't read these things. They just upset you.
你不该看这些东西 只能让你烦心
It could cost Jack the election.
可这些可能会毁掉杰克的选举
It won't. He'll be fine. Let me make you some tea.
不会的 他不会有事的 我给你沏茶
No. No, no, no, no, no. I d... I don't want any tea.
别别别 我 我不想喝茶
Just stay with me.
陪我待会儿
Are you feeling all right?
你还好吗
Yes, yes. Uh...
恩 恩
I-I... I've been thinking a lot
我今天一直在想
of Joe Jr... today.
小约瑟夫
I miss him.
我好想他
Roosevelt named the ambassador to England.
罗斯福总统任命了新的驻英国大使
How do you like that? Proud of you, Pop.
你觉得怎么样 为您骄傲 爸爸
Me, too.
我也是
Well, you know, this job is a springboard for me.
这个工作对我来说是个跳板
War might break out in Europe,
欧洲很可能要爆发战争
and I'll be in a perfect position...
而我会在最佳位置上
to make sure we stay out of it.
以保证美国不会被卷入战争
In two years time,
两年以后
they'll be handing me the nomination on a plate.
他们自然会给我提名
Uh, what do you mean?
那是什么意思
Dad's gonna be President, Jack.
杰克 爸爸就要当总统啦
Roosevelt will have finished his two terms.
到那时罗斯福已经完成连任
If I keep us out of the war,
如果能使美国置身战争之外
I'll be a shoo-in.
我一定能胜出
But, uh, you're a Catholic.
可是 您是天主教♥徒♥啊
I'm an American.
可我也是美国人啊
When my parents came over in steerage,
当年我父母坐着二等舱来到这儿
they worked themselves sick
他们筚路蓝缕 辛苦打拼
so there'd be clothes and food
才解决了温饱
and something for the plate on Sunday.
才有了礼拜天盘子里的好吃的
In the old country, they were Mr. And Mrs. Kennedy.
在爱尔兰 他们是肯尼迪夫妇
In Boston, they were a couple of micks.
而在波士顿只是一对爱尔兰佬
Well, this mick is going to the White House,
而现在这个爱尔兰佬就要入主白宫了
and nobody will ever say we don't belong.
没人会再说我们不属于这儿
Now if you boys don't remember anything else I say,
就算我说的你们什么都记不住
remember this...
也要记住这一点
it's not what you are,
你是谁不重要
it's what people think you are.
关键是别人觉得你是谁
And with the right amount of money,
只要有足够的钱
you can make 'em think whatever you want.
你就能左右他们的看法
We're on our way, boys.
我们就要成功了 孩子们
This country is ours for the taking.
这个国家我们垂手可得
Despite a series of broken promises,
虽然阿道夫·希♥特♥勒♥
by Adolf Hitler,
一再失信
Prime Minister Chamberlain of Great Britain
英国首相张伯伦还是为
has staked his political future
和德国总理以谈判的方式解决争端
on a negotiated settlement with the German chancellor.
赌上了自己的政♥治♥前途
Hopes seem to be fading,
希望看似渐渐渺茫
however, that war can be avoided.
但战争还是有可能被避免
Uh, and this is for the president only.
这是专门写给总统的
"Dear boss, perhaps a note from you
"尊敬的总统 您的一份照会也许
could buck up Chamberlain,
能让张伯伦振作起来
assure him that America is committed
并让他确信美国愿不惜以任何代价
to avoiding conflict in Europe at all costs."
避免欧洲发生的争端"
"And any concessions to Hitler must be viewed in that light."
"而且任何对希♥特♥勒♥的让步都要考虑这一点"
That's very good. You... you can add that.
很不错 可以把这一点加上
What makes you so sure Hitler's gonna keep his word this time?
你凭什么确信希♥特♥勒♥这次不会食言呢
That's not our concern.
那不是我们要担心的
You read what Lindbergh's been saying?
没听见林德伯格怎么说的吗
"We couldn't beat the Germans anyway."
"我们怎么样都打不过德国人的"
"I am confident, Mr. President,
"总统先生 我相信
剧集 | 肯尼迪家族(2011) | 导航列表