剧集 | 肯尼迪家族(2011) | 导航列表
the entire border between the Soviet and American zone
苏占区和美占区的整个边境
will be sealed off.
将被完全封锁
Ambassador Dobrynin told me this is just simply the first step,
多勃雷宁大使告诉我这只是第一步
that their intention is to
他们的目的是
eventually build a, uh, permanent wall.
最终筑起一道永久性的墙
Mac, any idea how long before they, uh, seal the border?
麦克 你认为再过多久他们会封锁边境
Less than a week, unless we intervene.
一个星期之内 除非我们介入
We are going to intervene, aren't we, Mr. President?
我们会介入的 对吗 总统先生
Well, I-I'm not sure.
我不确定
I strongly recommend military action, sir.
我强烈建议采取军事行动 长官
Well, I think it's quite clear that military, uh, involvement
我认为 很明显 军事干预
at this stage is the least desirable option
是现阶段总统最不愿意考虑的
that the President is considering.
一个选项
I thought we were supposed to be
我原以为 我们应该成为
the moral leaders of this world.
这个世界的道德领袖
How do we keep honor, sir, if we turn our backs
如果对一起很明显的人间惨剧视而不见
on what is obviously a human tragedy?
我们怎能赢得世人的尊重
Berlin is 300 miles inside of East Germany.
柏林在东德境内三百公里的腹地
We cannot win a tactical engagement
我们无法是获得战略胜利的
without incurring casualties that would run in the tens of thousands.
除非付出成千上万人死伤的代价
We're obligated on the NATO agreement
根据北约协议 我们有义务
to come to the aid of West Berlin if they are under threat.
在西柏林受到威胁的时候支援他们
I-I realize that, Mac, but we cannot maintain supply lines
这个我知道 麦克 但是我们无法
over that distance through hostile territory.
在深入敌占区那么远距离的战线上保障补给
We are outnumbered 3 to 1.
在数量上我们可是一比三落后
I think you guys are missing the point.
我觉得你们忽略了重点
As far as, uh, I can see,
根据我的观察
West Berlin is not under threat.
西柏林并没有受到威胁
I detest what the Russians are doing here,
我不喜欢俄♥国♥佬做的这些事
but this is, uh, essentially a domestic issue
但这件事本质上是俄♥国♥人和东柏林人
between them and the East Berliners.
之间的内部问题
Am I to assume then, Mr. President, that you're willing
我是不是可以认为 总统先生您愿意
to allow this crime against humanity to go unchallenged?
纵容这样反人性的犯罪行为肆意发生
Gentlemen...
先生们
This idea-- a wall--
这个砌墙的点子
is, uh, it's a terrible thing,
非常糟糕
but a war? Christ, that's worse,
但发动战争的话就更加糟糕
and they're easier to talk about than they are to win.
要想取得战争胜利可没有说起来那么容易
Now I think we monitor the situation here,
我觉得我们应该监视这一地区的形势
but unless there's a significant change in the ground conditions,
但除非有本质上的重大变化
I think we stay the hell out.
否则我们不该淌这趟浑水
We are presiding over the demise of this nation
作为自♥由♥世界的道德和军事领袖
as the moral and military leader of the free world,
我们的决定关系到这个国家的生死存亡
and you know it.
你心里也很清楚
Well, if you feel so strongly that we're moving
如果你如此强烈地认为我们在朝着
in the wrong direction, General,
错误的方向发展 将军
I'm sure the President would be willing
我确信总统会很乐意
to accept your resignation.
接受您的辞呈的
Mrs. Kennedy, you were supposed to do the morning show
肯尼迪夫人 您本来有一个早间节目安排
on Thursday. Thursday.
在周四 周四
Yeah. They need to push it up to tomorrow. Why?
他们要把它提前到明天 为什么
Uh, I don't know, ma'am. They didn't tell me.
我不知道 夫人 他们没告诉我
Uh, we have to be at the studio at 7:00.
七点钟我们就必须到达演播室
Caroline starts school at 8:00, and I promised her I'd be there.
卡洛琳八点上学 我答应过会送她去的
See if they can do it at 9:00.
看看他们能不能安排到九点
Uh, it has to be at 7:00, ma'am.
必须是七点 夫人
It's about the White House restoration.
是关于白宫整修的
Uh, all the members of the committee will be there.
委员会的所有成员都会到场
Well, I know all the members of the committee will be there.
我知道委员会的所有成员都会到场
See if they can do it without me.
看看如果我不去的话行不行
Mrs. Kennedy, uh... Look, to be honest,
肯尼迪夫人 老实说
you organized the committee, but without you there,
你组织了这个委员会 但如果你不去
no one cares about the restoration.
根本没有人会关心整修这件事
Tish, I-I have to see my children.
提什 我必须去看看我的孩子
I know that, and I will cancel
我知道 我会把你这周
all your engagements for the rest of this week,
剩下的所有预约都取消
but you really need to do this interview.
但你真的必须参加这个访谈
Can I count on you for the interview?
你能保证一定会去参加访谈吗
Fine.
好吧
Thank you, ma'am, and I'm sorry.
谢谢你 夫人 我很抱歉
Was that Tish?
刚才那是提什吗
Did you just get home?
你刚到家吗
Yeah.
是啊
Jeez.
天呐
How was your day?
今天过得怎么样
Well, it was just, uh...
过得
A little, uh, more of the same.
跟平时差不多吧
I'm starting to realize that, uh, this job
我开始意识到 这份工作
is, uh, about choosing between two lousy options,
就是在两个馊主意之中选择一个
and the, uh, right choice
而正确的选择
is the one that's just a little, uh...
就是两个当中那一个
a little less lousy.
稍微不那么馊的主意
How was your day?
你今天过得怎么样
Fine.
还好吧
Fine? I hear you're doing great over there
只是还好吗 我听说你在白宫西翼
at the, uh... West Wing.
做得相当不错啊
You got a-- You got a lot of fans.
很多人都非常崇拜你
Is this the magazine?
这就是那本杂♥志♥吗
God damn it! Jack!
该死 杰克
I can't live like this.
我不能就这么生活下去
Jack.
杰克
Hello?
喂
Chuck, it's me.
查克 是我
Hi, Jack. How ya doin'?
嗨 杰克 你好吗
Well, I'm, uh, getting pretty beat up over here.
我的日子挺难熬的
I'm a little exhausted.
有一点筋疲力尽了
I need something to keep me going.
我需要点东西让我振作精神
And your doctor still won't give you amphetamines?
你的医生还是不肯给你用安♥非♥他♥命♥吗
That's right.
是的
Who's the, uh, who's the fella you mentioned, the doctor?
你上次提到的那个医生是谁
Oh, you mean Feelgood. His name is Max Jacobson.
你是说"好感觉"医生 他的名字叫迈克斯·雅各布森
Jacobson?
雅各布森
Pfft. Oh, I know people call me Dr. Feelgood.
我知道人们叫我"好感觉"医生
I'm not insulted by this.
我可没因此而觉得受辱
I want my patients to feel good.
因为我确实希望我的病人感觉好一些
Well, my, uh, friend Chuck Spalding tells me, uh,
我的朋友查克·斯帕丁告诉我
everyone in New York swears by ya.
您在纽约极有口碑
How, uh,
多久 呃
how long until it, uh, takes effect?
多久发挥药效
Before I'm out the gate, Mr. President.
几乎立竿见影 总统先生
Yeah. Ja, gut.
好 是 很好
Yeah? All right.
好了吗 好
Well, I'd, uh,
我
like to pay you in cash.
拿现金支付吧
Mr. President...
总统先生
This country saved my life.
这个国家拯救了我
I would never charge you.
我决不会收您的钱
However, if you wish to recommend my services
不过如果您愿意推荐我
to some of your friends,
给您的朋友们
I will be happy to charge them.
我很乐意收他们的钱
Okay. Thank you.
好的 谢谢你
I will see you in a few days, Mr. President.
那过几天再会了 总统先生
This footage came in last night.
这段录像昨晚才收到
The East German guards have shoot-to-kill orders.
东德边防士兵接到了格杀勿论的命令
Have there been any fatalities so far?
到目前为止有伤亡吗
Yes, but as you can see, there's still lots of people
有 但就您所见 还是有很多人
who are willing to take the risk.
愿意冒这个险
Yeah, and getting killed for it.
并会因此丧生
I have one concern, Mr. President.
我有个担忧 总统先生
It just seems that we're handing the Communists
看起来我们把一个又一个胜利
剧集 | 肯尼迪家族(2011) | 导航列表