剧集 | 肯尼迪家族(2011) | 导航列表
that you share this view.
您也赞同这一观点
Keeping us out of the war,"
让美国人♥民♥保持中立的话"
well, in this young man's opinion,
正如这位年轻人所说的
"will be the enduring legacy of your administration.
"将能让您在任期内留下不朽的政♥治♥遗产
With love, as always,
此致 敬礼
etcetera, etcetera."
等等 等等"
And, uh, put it in the noon pouch.
还有 中午就寄出去
All right, Pop. I'm off to the club.
好了 爸爸 我要去俱乐部了
Lunching with the foreign secretary.
要和外♥交♥部♥长共进午餐
And I'm...
我嘛
lunching with the, uh,
一起吃午饭的是
secretary's...
部长的
secretary.
秘书
Oh, we're due at the palace at 8:00.
别忘了八点钟我们要去白金汉宫
That Jack is quite delightful.
杰克很讨人喜欢嘛
Yes, but it's...
是的 但是
it's Joe who's going places.
真正成功的 将会是乔
Hitler's demands on the Sudetenland of Czechoslovakia
希♥特♥勒♥对捷克斯洛伐克苏台德地区的领土要求
amount to nothing more than a reunification of the Greater German Reich.
无非就是大德意志帝国的重新统一
The desire of German-speaking peoples to be part of the same nation
要让那儿说德语的人♥民♥并入德国
seems to me to be no more unreasonable
在我看来 似乎没什么不合理的
than the desire of English-speaking people
就像说英语的人♥民♥
to be united on this blessed island.
想在这宝岛上团结成一个国家一样
Has he, uh, cleared this with Washington?
他的这些观点事先告知过华盛顿吗
Why should he? It's the truth.
有这必要吗 他讲的可都是事实
It's not the truth, no. That's his opinion.
这些不是事实 只是他的个人观点
We refer to the expansion of our boundaries
我们把自己领土的扩张
as manifest destiny.
当成是"昭昭天命"
Herr Hitler has renounced further territorial claims
希♥特♥勒♥先生已经宣布放弃
on the continent of Europe.
在欧洲更多的领土要求
And we would be ungenerous
要是不相信他的话
not to take him at his word.
我们未免表现得太刻薄了
Why would we take him at his word?
我们为什么还要相信希♥特♥勒♥
He's been lying since the moment he took power.
他自上台以来就一直在撒谎
It's not our problem.
这不是我们的问题
That's all Dad's saying.
爸爸说的就是这意思
Dad is going against everything that Roosevelt's been saying.
爸爸在与罗斯福的观点背道而驰
Going against Roosevelt's gonna make Dad president.
跟罗斯福唱反调才能让爸爸当上总统
When I say that we... You worry too much, kid.
当我声明我们 你有点杞人忧天了 老弟
Dad is the most popular American in the Europe.
爸爸是在欧洲最受欢迎的美国人
Roosevelt can't touch him.
罗斯福不能把他怎么样
He wouldn't dare.
他才不敢呢
Britain and France have declared war on Germany.
英法已经向德国宣战
In London, Ambassador Kennedy still maintains his opinion
在伦敦 肯尼迪大使依旧重申
that America should stay out of it,
美国应保持中立的观点
a position that has caused friction between the ambassador
这一观点让大使和罗斯福政♥府♥之间
and the Roosevelt administration.
发生了摩擦
Joe, dear, we're going to be late for this reception
乔 亲爱的 我们要赶不上招待会了
unless we g...
除非我们立即
Joe?
乔
What is it?
怎么啦
That was the White House.
白宫来电了
The White House?
白宫
I'm out, Rossie.
我被免职了 罗丝
I-I don't believe it.
我不敢相信
The president fired you?
是总统将你解职了吗
No, no, he didn't have the guts.
不是他 他没那胆子
It was his Jew boys... Rosenman and Morgenthau...
是他身边的犹太小子 罗森曼和摩根索
they wanted me out.
他俩容不下我
I embarrassed him, they said. They called me an appeaser.
他们说我让总统难堪 说我只会姑息纵容
They made it sound like I like Hitler.
说得好像我喜欢希♥特♥勒♥似的
Said I was anti-American.
说我是反美的
Me!
我啊
And Roosevelt...
而罗斯福
Roosevelt listened to them!
罗斯福居然信了他们的鬼话
So what are you going to do?
那你打算怎么办呢
Oh, I am going to throw everything I can at that son of a bitch.
我要不遗余力地报复那个狗♥娘♥养♥的
I'm gonna spend whatever it takes
我要竭尽全力地
to make sure he doesn't get reelected. No, Joe.
让他无法连任 别这样 乔
When I want your advice... You...
当我需要你的意见时 你
are going to endorse him for a third term.
应该支持他去寻求再度连任
He gave you, a Catholic,
他给了你这个天主教♥徒♥
the most important diplomatic post
这个国家能给的
this country has to give.
最重要的外交任命
People will think you're ungrateful,
要是你反咬一口的话
if you come out against him.
人们会觉得你忘恩负义
You'll never be able to hold your head up again.
那你在民众面前就永远都抬不起头了
I don't care what people think!
我才不在乎民众怎么看我
Well, you should, Joe...
你应该在乎 乔
because there's more to this family than just you.
因为你必须要为这个家着想
You were right.
你说的对
About what?
哪件事
It is over for me.
我的前途已经完了
But this family...
但我们这个家族
is not going to disappear.
不会从此消失
I'll make sure of that.
这点我向你保证
America has been attacked without warning.
美国在毫无征兆的情况下 受到了攻击
That's the dramatic, the almost fantastic news that
早些时间 总统秘书向媒体公布了
presidential secretary early tells the press.
这一震♥惊♥全♥球♥且不可思议的消息
And throughout the nation, the news is flashed... it's war!
消息在全国迅速传开 战争打响了
American lives lost,
美国♥军♥队死伤严重
American property destroyed...
美国财产惨遭毁灭
With growing resentment,
得知了这一无♥耻♥突袭的
Americans learn of the treacherous assault.
美国民众无不群情激愤
We didn't start this war,
这场战争不是我们挑起的
but we can finish it.
但我们可以让它终结
All right. You take care of yourself, Bobby. See you, Joe.
照顾好自己 波比 再见 乔
Teddy, you stay out of trouble, huh?
别惹麻烦 泰迪
Girls.
丫头们
Bye.
再见
Take care. Careful, Joe.
保重 你也是 乔
I'll see you soon, okay?
我很快就会回来的
Be good to Mom.
听妈妈的话
Oh, I hate the idea of you flying over Europe.
实在不愿意想象你在欧洲上空飞行
Well, we're in this thing now.
我们已经宣战了
We've got to win.
我们得赢
I know, but if I could write Hitler a check
我知道 但要是我能给希♥特♥勒♥开张支票
and get him to call the whole thing off, I'd do it.
使他停战的话 我立刻就开
I'll be fine, Dad.
你放心吧 爸爸
I'll bring you back some medals,
我会带回很多荣誉勋章
wave 'em around when I run for Congress.
并会戴着它们去竞选国会议员
That's just the beginning.
那只是个开始
You'll succeed where I failed.
你会完成我未完成的心愿
You're gonna go all the way.
你一定会走到最后的
I know.
我知道
You know?
你知道
Yeah.
是的
I knew it the second you got that call from Roosevelt.
在你接到罗斯福电♥话♥那一刻起 我就知道了
I love you, Son.
我爱你 儿子
You, too, Pop.
我也爱你 爸爸
Save my clippings, huh?
记得收集关于我的剪报
And start planning my campaign.
现在就开始筹划我的竞选活动吧
You read Walter Winchell's column this morning?
你看过早报上沃特·温切尔的专栏了吗
No. I, uh, I missed it.
没有 我没看到
Well, I know you don't have your brother's common sense,
我知道你不像你哥哥那样循规蹈矩
but damn it, Jack.
但这也太出格了 杰克
"One of ex-ambassador Kennedy's sons,
"前大使肯尼迪家的一位公子
is the target of a Washington gal columnist's affections...
与一名华盛顿的少女专栏作家交往甚密
so much so,
以至于
she is divorcing her explorer groom.
她打算与自己新婚的探险家丈夫离婚
剧集 | 肯尼迪家族(2011) | 导航列表