剧集 | 肯尼迪家族(2011) | 导航列表
I want to do what, uh, whatever I can to
如果有办法帮你走出困境
help you get through them.
我会全力以赴的
I appreciate that, Mr. President.
非常感谢 总统先生
It's a combustible situation.
现在的情况一触即发
I-I got my police and state troopers on the campus,
我派了警♥察♥和州警到校园里
but these demonstrators are mighty stirred up.
不过示♥威♥者的情绪异常激动
Now you have a listen for yourself.
您自己来听听吧
You hear that? Yes, that's all fine.
听到了吗 是的 没关系
Can we-- can we calm that situation down?
我们可以把事态平息下来吗
How do you suggest we proceed?
你觉得我们该怎么做
Well, I believe we can defuse this whole matter
我认为把梅瑞迪斯拒之门外
by keeping Meredith from coming on campus.
就能彻底解决问题
Well, obviously the court has issued their order here, Governor.
但是法庭已经下达了命令 州长
And I'm bound by oath to carry it out.
我得遵守誓言 严格执行
I'm bound by oath to abide by the laws of my state,
我也要遵守誓言 坚持本州法律
which prohibit the mixing of races in public institutions.
在公共机构是禁止种族融合的
Well, we, we certainly don't want to have to
我们真的不想被迫
send the National Guard down there, Governor.
出动国民警卫队 州长
Sending in the Guard's just throwing gasoline on the fire.
派遣警卫队就是火上浇油
Well, it's gonna get a hell of a lot worse down there
如果你不把局面控制住
if you don't, uh, get the situation under control
并且让梅瑞迪斯入学
and get Meredith enrolled, do you understand that?
结果会更加严重 明白吗
If you don't, it's-- it's not gonna stop here.
如果你一意孤行 后果还不只如此
We're gonna have your state's federal funding withheld,
我们会取消你的联邦政♥府♥财政拨款
and I'll cut off your poultry subsidies,
中断你们的禽类补贴
and I'll have the NCAA pull you right out of,
禁止你们参加美国大学体育总会
uh, all future ball games.
未来所有的球赛
You cannot do that. Oh, yes, I can.
您不能这么做 我当然能
And if you think I've disrupted your way of life now,
不要以为这样就扰乱了你的生活
you haven't seen anything yet.
那好戏还在后头呢
I thought the ball games was a nice touch.
我觉得球赛那句妙极了
Suppose you know what's going on down in Mississippi, Mr. Bolden.
看来你知道密西西比州的事了 博登先生
Yes, sir. I do.
是的 先生
Well, we certainly want Meredith to be enrolled,
我们肯定想让梅瑞迪斯入学
but, if it means him getting killed
但如果他或者其他学生
or, uh, any of these other students,
要为此付出生命的代价
I'm just, hell, I'm not prepared to--
我就 我还没准备好去
You don't have to explain anything to me, sir.
您不必跟我解释 先生
I grew up in a bit of an ivory tower.
我是在白人区长大的
I don't think I met a Negro until I was in college.
上大学之前都没见过黑人
I took certain things for granted,
我认为有些事是理所当然的
because...
因为
they didn't affect me.
它们对我没有影响
Learning new ways takes time, Mr. President.
接受新的观念需要时间 总统先生
It takes time.
急不来的
Mr. Bolden.
博登先生
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
Can you, can you help me out of this chair?
能不能把我扶起来
Yes, sir.
好的 先生
Jackie.
杰姬
Mr. President.
总统先生
Where's my wife?
我太太呢
She's in New Orleans, sir. Right.
她在新奥尔良 先生 对了
Back in the morning. Right.
明早回来 没错
This little guy just doesn't want to go to sleep tonight.
这个小家伙今晚不想睡觉了
Well, I, uh...
我
I'll take him.
我来抱他吧
You sure, sir? He's getting awfully heavy.
确定吗 先生 他现在可重了
Well, I'm sure. Let's go. I got him.
当然 来吧 我来抱他
Oh, yeah. Okay.
这才对嘛 好了
Thank you.
谢谢你
Hi. You miss your old man?
你好啊 想你老爸了吗
I haven't seen you in a couple of days.
我们都几天没见了
You're not getting lonely, are you?
你没有感到寂寞吧
Okay.
好吧
The tension is as high as the temperature here in Oxford, Mississippi,
随着詹姆斯·梅瑞迪斯在一队联邦法警的护送下
as James Meredith, accompanied by a contingent of Federal Marshals,
抵达州立大学校园 密西西比大学牛津校园的
has arrived on the state university campus.
现场气氛变得和天气一般火热
We will not be permitted to film
我们无法获得拍摄许可来报道
the meeting of Meredith and Governor Barnett
梅瑞迪斯和巴奈特州长
in the office of the Registrar.
在教务主任办公室内的会谈
State officials have cited concerns
州政♥府♥官员们出于对梅瑞迪斯先生
for Mr. Meredith's personal safety
人身安全的考虑
as their reason for the exclusion of our cameras.
禁止我们进行拍摄
Yet the man at the center of this controversy
令人意外的是 事件的当事人
seems surprisingly unaffected by the furor surrounding him.
似乎没有被吵杂的环境所影响
Mr. Meredith appears to be as calm and composed
与周围人群的狂躁愤怒相比
as the crowd is raucous and bellicose.
梅瑞迪斯先生显得沉着冷静
Meredith, I gotta hand it to you.
梅瑞迪斯 我得承认
You're a mighty brave fella.
你真是勇气可嘉
Governor.
州长
I'm honored that you're here to welcome me.
非常荣幸能够得到您的接见
There are plenty of Negro schools out there.
黑人学校到处都是
Are you sure you wouldn't be more comfortable
你不觉得跟同类待在一起
with your own kind?
更舒服吗
Sir, I'm a citizen of Mississippi.
先生 我是密西西比州的公民
I am with my own kind.
我正在跟同类待在一起
Now according to the school's charter,
根据学校的章程
I've met all the entrance requirements.
我符合所有入学要求
All but one.
除了其中一项
Governor,
州长
this is the Supreme Court order empowering us to see
最高法♥院♥授权我们至此
that Mr. Meredith's civil rights are not infringed.
确保梅瑞迪斯先生的公民权利不受侵犯
Far be it from me to infringe his civil rights
我既无意侵犯他的公民权利
or disavow the nobility of the court.
也不想否认法♥院♥权威
But according to Mr. Registrar,
但根据教务主任先生的说法
there's been a small clerical error
学校程序上出了一些问题
and the freshman class is all full up.
新生录取名额已经满了
So if I were you,
所以换做是我的话
I'd just turn around and go on home.
我就会转身回家
Sir, the freshman class is not full, and we both know it.
先生 你我都知道名额没有满
If you're not a student or an employee of this university,
你若非在校学生或是学校雇员
you're a trespasser.
你现在的行为就是非法入侵
But he's fine otherwise?
除此之外他现在还好吗
He wasn't, uh, harmed in any way?
他有没有受伤
No, no, I-I-I appreciate that. Thank you.
不 不是 很好 谢谢
All right. Bye.
好了 再见
They're, uh, at a stalemate now.
我们进退两难
Barnett won't let him in, uh, Meredith refuses to leave.
巴奈特不让他进去 梅瑞迪斯拒绝离开
Well... I'm not gonna give Barnett a victory
我不能让梅瑞迪斯无功而返
by pulling out Meredith.
让巴奈特得逞
Meredith has to stay there.
梅瑞迪斯必须留在那儿
He's gotta be guarded by Marshals and, uh--
会有法警负责保护他的安全 而且
Well, he's on the campus now, so, uh on the campus.
他现在就在学校 所以 就在学校
But I just think, uh, we can't get by now
我想现在 如果你不讲几句话
without, uh, having some sort of address by you.
这件事情就成不了
Just let the American people know
要让美国人♥民♥知道
that this is in the, uh, hands of the President. I agree.
总统在处理这件事 我同意
I'm gonna go on television tonight.
今晚就电视发言
Well, what's he gonna say on TV?
那他打算在电视上说什么
That law and order will be maintained,
国家必须维护♥法♥律与秩序
and that Meredith will be admitted.
必须录取梅瑞迪斯
General... now that's gonna kill me politically.
部长 这会断送我的政♥治♥生涯
Well, this really isn't about your political future.
这与你的政♥治♥生涯无关
You either accept it and you become part of the process,
要么你识得大体 接受安排
or we'll have no choice but to send in the troops.
否则 我们别无选择只能出动军队
I had... hoped we could reason this out.
我以为这事可以通过谈判解决
This has gone well beyond reason
因为你的行为 情况已经
because of your actions.
不可收拾了
However, the President is willing to save your face
幸好总统还愿维护你的颜面
剧集 | 肯尼迪家族(2011) | 导航列表