剧集 | 婚外情事 | 导航列表
I mean, I always lived there. I'm a native.
我以前从没见过真的作家
And I had never met a real writer before.
特别害怕
I was so intimidated.
可能从《麦田里的守望者》以后
Probably hadn't even read a book since,
就没看过其他书了
I don't know, Catcher in the Rye?
是吗
Really?
-所以你不常读书吗 -很少
- So you're not a reader? - No, not at all.
别这么说 才不是
Come on. Come on, that's not true.
你读了很多
You read plenty.
除了读书 人生还有
There are other things to do in life
很多有意思的事
besides hiding behind a book.
谢谢 罗伯特
Thank you, Robert.
是啊 真是多谢了
Yes, thanks so much.
总之 在岛的最东端
So, anyway, uh, there's this little lighthouse
有一小座灯塔
right at the tip of the island.
我想我们是在那见的第一次面
I think that's where we first laid eyes on each other.
对吗 亲爱的
Isn't it, babe?
你记的真清楚
Your memory is really impressive.
我怎么会忘呢
Well, how could I forget that?
那么浪漫
It was so romantic.
天还下着雨
That day in the rain.
我都听入迷了 继续
I'm enchanted. Go on.
我当时生活不太如意
Well, I was going through a difficult time in my life.
不是吧
Oh, no.
然后那天
And that day,
我冒着雨一路走到了灯塔
I walked all the way out to the lighthouse in the rain.
很确定里面没人
And I was sure it'd be empty,
但等我到那 发现了另一个人
but when I got there, I found one other person.
就是他
It was him.
这故事真美
What a beautiful story.
是啊 都不像真实的了
Yes. It was somewhat unreal.
你当时在那干什么
What were you doing there?
下雨那天在灯塔
At the lighthouse that day in the rain.
我...
Oh, I was, um...
我在采风
I was researching. I was doing research.
你书写得如何了
How's the book coming?
正在写
It's, um--it's coming.
如果你想听意见 我很乐意拜读
I'd love to read it when you want an opinion.
诺亚不喜欢展示没写完的作品
Oh, Noah doesn't like to share his work until it's finished.
对不起 当然
Oh, I'm sorry. Of course.
我这么问太失礼了
No, it was rude of me to ask.
不 没事 也可以有例外
No, no, no. Of course, no, I could make an exception.
还有谁要酒吗
Anyone want more wine?
我够了 谢谢
I've had enough. Thanks.
我要一点 谢谢
I'd love some. Thank you.
认识这些书吗
Recognize those books?
看过一些
Some of them.
都是在你住的那间小屋写的
They were all written in the cabin you're staying in.
-真的吗 -对
- Really? - Really.
从我和罗伯特二十年前搬来这
Since Robert and I moved up here 20 years ago,
我们每年都会接待一位作家 有时两位
we've hosted an author a year, sometimes two.
大部分他们的作品都很成功
And most of their books have done very, very well.
我对邀请来这里的人很挑剔
I'm very particular about whom I invite up here,
通常我不会请自己
and I don't usually take on writers
没有读过的作家 但...
I haven't personally read, but...
哈里极力为你担♥保♥
Harry vouched so passionately for you.
我本想读读你的第一部作品
I tried to read your first book.
但到处都找不着
I couldn't find it anywhere.
因为已经停印了
That's 'cause it's out of print.
不管怎样 哈里说第二部作品
Well, Harry says this second book
会有质的飞跃
is a big step forward anyway.
希望如此 我挺有信心的
I hope so. I feel kinda good about it.
你喜欢跟哈里共事吗
And you like working with Harry?
哈里很棒
Harry's great.
我们只是对结尾的看法有点分歧
We just can't agree on the ending,
弄得大家都有点抓狂
and it's driving us both a little nuts.
有一名出色的教授曾对我说过
I had a brilliant professor once tell me,
"如果结局让你很纠结
"If you're having difficulty with the end,
那你一定是开头就搞砸了"
you fucked up the beginning."
这下好了
Oh, wonderful.
我想他的意思是
I think he just meant,
如果你已经按部就班地
if you've laid all your cards out
设下了所有铺垫 那结尾就是水到渠成的事
in the proper order, the ending should flow.
是不可避免的
It should feel inevitable.
到那时 宿命将决定故事的走向
At some point, fate takes over a story,
就算作者自己也无法控制
and even the author himself loses control.
这...
That's, uh...
我从没有过这种感觉
never really happened to me.
跟我说说 哈里觉得结局的问题在哪
Tell me, what's Harry's issue with the end?
我也说不好 他...
Oh, I don't know, he, uh...
他觉得我似乎害怕贯彻
he thinks I'm afraid to follow through
我最初的设想
on my original idea.
他可能是对的
He might be right.
需要我帮你看看吗
Would you like me to look at it?
多个不同的角度
Just for another set of eyes?
我不会告诉哈里的 连艾莉森都不说
I wouldn't tell Harry, not even Alison.
让爱你的人来评判你的作品不是什么好主意
It's a very bad idea to mix love and criticism.
那太好了 我当然乐意之至
Well, of course. I mean, I'd love you to.
我只是怕耽误你太多时间了
I just don't want to impose on any more of your time.
如果不是我自己乐意我也不会提了
I wouldn't offer if it were an imposition.
请进
Come in.
什么事 亲爱的
What is it, dear?
诺亚 你能出来一下吗
Noah, can you come out here?
我们有事在谈
We're in the middle of something.
-我知道 但... -不能等一下吗
- I know, but... - Well, can it wait?
恐怕不行
I don't think so.
-你居然住这么大的豪♥宅♥ -搞什么
- You're living in a freaking mansion? - What the hell?
惠特尼 你怎么在这
Whitney, what are you doing here?
这是谁
Who's this?
我是他女儿 你又是谁
I'm his daughter. Who are you?
惠特尼 这是伊冯娜
Uh, Whitney, this is Yvonne, who is, uh,
她非常慷慨地让我在这暂住一段时间
very generously allowing me to stay here for a while.
伊冯娜 这是我女儿
Yvonne, this is my daughter,
不知怎么的 似乎离家出走了
who seems to have, uh, I don't know, gone rogue.
老爸 她怎么在这
Hey, Dad, what's she doing here?
你不是说你们没住在一起吗
I thought you weren't living together.
好吧 惠特尼 我没想到你会来
Okay, Whit, I didn't expect you,
但你既然来了 挺好
but you're here, so fantastic.
我带你去看看小屋吧 来
Let's show you the cabin. Come on.
什么破烂小屋 我们能待你家吗
Wait, ew, a cabin? Can we just stay in your house?
不行 走吧 咱们走
No. Come on. Come on. Let's go.
为什么我们不能待在这里
No, why can't we just stay in this house?
我们待在这行吗
Can we stay here?
抱歉
Sorry.
说吧 怎么了 惠特尼
So what's going on, Whitney?
你是怎么过来的
How'd you even get here?
火车北线然后转出租车 我会认路
Metro-North and then a cab. I have street skills.
需要点什么吗 要喝水吗
Would you like something? Some water?
这爱巢不错啊
Nice love nest.
我特别喜欢这只死狐狸
Wow, I especially like this dead fox.
真让人情欲贲张
It's extra erotic.
妈妈知道你在这吗
Does Mom know you're here?
谁
Who?
行了 别闹了
Come on, cut it out.
你居然还叫她"妈妈"
Oh, do you still call her "Mom"?
或许是不是该改口"海伦"更正式一点
Might be more appropriate to go with a formal "Helen."
又或者索洛维夫人 前索洛维夫人
Or perhaps Mrs. Solloway. The ex-Mrs. Solloway.
我们还没离婚
We're not divorced yet.
没错 听到了吗 艾莉森 他们还结着婚呢
Right. Hear that, Alison? They're still married.
不过那也阻止不了你
Not like that ever stopped you.
行了 惠特尼 能试着像个大人一样成熟点吗
剧集 | 婚外情事 | 导航列表