剧集 | 拉契特(2020) | 导航列表
And of course,
当然
there I was at the foot of the stage,
我站在舞台下面
beating my breasts and howling at the sky...
捶胸顿足 对天咆哮
"Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks!"
"吹吧 风啊 吹破你的脸颊"
And then...
然后...
suddenly, the rest of the play was gone.
突然间 其余的台词都忘光了
I could hear them whispering,"Good heavens!
我可以听见观众低声说"天啊
He's forgotten his lines!"
他忘词了"
And then, it happened again
然后 这种情况再度发生
in St. Louis.
是在圣路易斯
And the next night inxa0Galesburg, until finally I said,
第二晚在盖尔斯堡也是 直到最后我说
"Len Bronley, you must do something!"
"伦恩勃朗利 你必须做点什么"
You're very full of yourself, aren't you?
你真是以自我为中心呢 是吧
I do beg your pardon?
你说什么
No one cares why you're here.
没人关心你为什么来这里
You forgot your lines.
你忘记台词了
So what?
那又如何
Maybe you're just growing old.
也许你就是年纪大了
I was a legend.
我曾是传奇
A household name all over Europe.
是全欧洲家喻户晓的名字
I have played every opera house
我在所有剧院都演出过
from La Scala to the Bolshoi.
从斯卡拉剧院 到波修瓦剧院
I have sung every great soprano role,
所有女高音角色 我都扮演过
from Brünnhilde toxa0Turandot.
从布伦希尔德 到图兰朵
I am here...
我来这里...
because I have no choice.
是因为我别无选择
My melancholia...
我的忧郁症...
has gotten the better of me.
已经把我打倒了
I wake up in strange places...
我会在陌生的地方醒来...
...not knowing how I got there.
完全不知道自己是怎么到那里的
When I read about Dr. Hanover's miracle procedure
当我在"旧金山纪事报"上
in The San Francisco Chronicle, ...
读到汉诺威医生的神奇手术时...
...I knew I had to give it a chance.
我就知道我该来试试
I am hoping the procedure evens me out a little bit.
我希望手术能让我的病情好转
Also...
以及...
I really need to quit smoking.
我非常需要戒烟
Hello.
你好
What's your name?
你叫什么名字
Peter.
彼得
It's nice to meet you, Peter.
很高兴认识你 彼得
I'm Lily.
我叫莉莉
What brings you to see Dr. Hanover,
你是因为什么来找汉诺威医生的
if you don't mind me asking?
如果你不介意我问的话
My mom says I daydream.
我妈说我会做白日梦
Friends.
朋友们
Today, we stand together on the precipice of history.
今天 我们共同见证历史
It is truly a momentous day.
这是一个重大的日子
Nurse Ratched will get you prepped while I scrub in.
我要去刷手消毒了 拉契特护士将给大家做术前准备
Here are your gowns.
这是你们的病号♥服
And a reminder,
提醒一下
the procedure will require some mild sedation.
手术需要轻度麻醉
See you on the other side.
手术之后再见了
I nearly forgot.
我差点忘了
There will be some observers in the operating theater today.
手术室里 会有一些人观看手术
Just some government officials and a reporter.
就是一些政♥府♥官员和一名记者
Nothing for you to concern yourselves with.
各位什么也不用担心
I'm sorry, a reporter?
抱歉 还有记者吗
I was hoping that the details of my condition
我还希望我的具体状况
would remain confidential.
能够保密呢
What? That you're a lesbian?
什么 你是女同的事吗
That much is plain.
这太显而易见了
It's made obvious by your facial structure.
从你的面部结构就可以看出来
I refuse to wear this!
我拒绝穿这衣服
My entire backside will be exposed!
我的屁♥股♥会全露出来的
Any glimpse of your backside, Mr. Bronley, will be brief,
勃朗利先生 看你的屁♥股♥最多就是一瞥
as it would cause even the most hardened observer
因为看完以后 最淡定的人
to promptly avert their eyes.
也会迅速转移视线的
Dr. Hanover has asked you to put on the gowns
汉诺威医生让各位穿好病号♥服
and prepare to be sedated.
准备接受麻醉
Following the procedure, you will be woozy.
手术之后 你们会感觉有些眩晕
That's normal.
这是正常的
And there may be some dried blood at the site of incision.
切口周围也可能会有一些干的血迹
Sorry I'm late.
抱歉我来晚了
Hi, Reggie.
嗨 雷吉
Glad you could make it.
很高兴你能来
Where's the governor?
州长在哪呢
Campaign trail.
竞选宣传
San Jose this morning.
今天早上去圣何塞
How is this a major press event
州长只派秘书来
when the governor sends his secretary?
这怎么能算是重大新闻事件呢
You know full well that I speak for the governor, Reggie.
你很清楚我是代表州长发声的 雷吉
And I'm confident you'll find today's event worth your time.
我相信你会发现 今天的事件是值得你来报道的
It is already worth my time.
我已经觉得值得了
That took forever.
路上花了好久
Hello, Mrs. Briggs.
你好呀 布里格斯夫人
Good morning.
早上好
Reggie, this, of course, is Secretary Randall Berglund,
雷吉 这位就是兰德尔·伯格伦德部长
head of the State Detentions Bureau,
州监狱管理局主任
and Miss Anniexa0Hardcastle,
还有安妮·哈德卡索小姐
administrative Aassistant to the director of state finance, Stan Powers.
州财政部长斯坦·鲍尔斯的行政助理
The governor believes this facility can become a shining example,
州长相信 这间医院可以成为典范
not just of what we can accomplish as a state,
不仅代表我们州能够取得的成就
but what we're capable of as a nation.
也代表我们国家能够取得的成就
And now... the main event.
现在就是今天的大事了
Here's Dr. Hanover, a visionary who, like the governor,
这是汉诺威医生 他跟州长一样颇有远见
believes that our correctional system should do exactly that:
相信我们的惩教系统应该这样做
correct rather than penalize.
应去纠正 而非惩罚
This is just very exciting.
太激动人心了
Nurses, take your seats, please.
护士们 请坐下吧
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们 先生们
you're about to witness history.
你们将要见证历史
I present to you the lobotomy.
我要向大家展示额叶切断术
In 1935, Portuguese neurologist António Egas Moniz
1935年 葡萄牙神经学家 安东尼奥·埃加斯·莫尼斯
first attempted a procedure
首次尝试这种手术
that I now wish to make commonplace.
我希望将其推广
A procedure so straightforward,
这是一种非常简单直接的手术
it can be performed on all four subjects in a quarter of an hour.
可以在一刻钟内 给四位病人进行治疗
The brain's frontal lobe is the seed of its neuroses.
大脑的额叶是神经官能症的温床
Juvenile distraction,
青少年注意力分散
mania,
躁狂症
memory loss,
健忘
lesbianism.
女同性恋
All of these maladies can be subdued, if not reversed,
所有这些疾病 即使不能逆转 也可以被抑制
by surgically disrupting a series of neural connections
通过手术进入大脑白质
in the brain's white matter.
阻断一系列神经连接
As you can see, the patients have received only the lightest sedation...
正如各位所见 病人只需接受轻度麻醉...
and will awaken, though slightly groggy,
醒来时 虽然会有些迷糊
as brand-new individuals
但是会焕然一新
unencumbered by the mental illness that brought them to this place.
不受先前的精神疾病的困扰
Now, I encourage you to sit back,
现在 我希望大家坐好
relax, and bear witness as I touch the mind.
放松心情 见证我触摸思想
First, the incision.
首先进行切口
You'll notice that the patient feels nothing.
可以看到 病人不会有任何感觉
Next, the trepanning.
下一步 钻孔
My. My.
我的天啊
Now, we rotate the instrument,
现在 我们旋转器械
creating a circular lesion in the brain.
在大脑中造成一处圆形损伤
You'll observe that the subject is still totally insensate.
可以看到 病患依旧是毫无感觉的
A reminder that these are involuntary movements that emerge
提醒大家 这都是无意识的肢体活动
as the neural connections are severed.
因为神经连接被切断了
剧集 | 拉契特(2020) | 导航列表