剧集 | 拉契特(2020) | 导航列表
Well, if you've come here with a plea...
如果你们是来求情的...
to spare a man's life who killed five of my citizens,
让我宽恕一个杀害五名公民的罪犯
then you're barking up the wrong tree.
那你们就找错人了
We aren't here asking for a stay of execution.
我们不是来要求缓刑的
I understand that he deserves this sentence,
我明白 他应该被判死刑
but I don't understand
但我不明白
why it can't be carried out through peaceful means,
为什么不能选择一种平静的死刑方式
like lethal injection or the gas chamber.
比如注射或毒气室
Why must it be this spectacle?
为什么非要大动干戈
We aren't Romans
我们不是罗马人
where a man's death is used as public sport!
把一个人的死刑当作公共体育项目
I think what Mildred is trying to say,
我觉得米尔德里德是想说
is the state is making so much progress,
加州取得了很大的进步
and that's because of your forward-thinking policies.
这都归功于您的前瞻性政策
To reinstate something as barbaric as the electric chair,
恢复电刑椅这种野蛮的东西
it just throws us back to a time
只会让我们倒♥退♥到
when we were no better than heathens.
异教♥徒♥一样的时代
I can't...
我没法...
How was it, sir?
怎么样 先生
Tender as a supple woman.
像软妹子一样柔嫩
If I was so inclined,
如果我愿意
I'd eat two of them.
我可以吃掉两块呢
Yup.
是啊
The current climate of politics right now
当前的政♥治♥气氛下
is not about policy anymore.
不再是看政策了
It's about who stands up,
而是看谁能站出来
who can cut through the clutter of a crowd
穿过拥挤的人群
and deliver his message in a way people will listen.
以一种人们会听的方式 传递他的信息
I'm not a politician, I'm a... Well...
我不是政客 我是...
a performer.
一个演员
Now, I'm always listening.
我一直在倾听
I'm listening to the audience
倾听观众的声音
to see what they want me to play next.
看他们想让我接下来演什么
You gotta listen.
必须要倾听
Listen.
倾听
They want a spectacle.
他们想看奇观
They want that man in the chair!
他们要那家伙坐上电刑椅
And I'm gonna give it to 'em, 'cause I'm a winner.
那我就要满足他们 因为我是赢家
And come November ninth, well...
等到11月9日...
I'm gonna win.
我会赢的
Ladies.
女士们
Been nice being in your company.
很高兴有你们的陪伴
Edmund is my brother.
埃德蒙是我弟弟
Well, then, I recommend you don't listen to the radio.
那我建议你不要听收音机了
Gwendolyn, I'm sad that you've gone so soft.
格温多林 我很难过 你变得如此软弱了
You won't be killing him. You will be torturing him to death.
你不是要杀死他 而是要将他折磨至死
I cannot allow that to happen. Do you hear me?
我不允许这种事发生 你听见了吗
For his sake and for yours, please. Darling, darling.
-为了他 也为了你 求你了 -宝贝 宝贝
It's no use. It's no use.
没用的 没用的
Let him go.
让他走吧
Well, I'll be damned.
不可思议
Couple of sapphos right under my nose,
在我眼皮子底下 竟然有一对女同
and I never even sniffed it out.
我竟然没有察觉
Gwendolyn?
格温多林
Now I know why you never slept with me.
我终于知道你为什么不跟我上♥床♥了
Makes sense.
这就说得通了
Look, jeez, I...
听着 天啊 我...
My sister...
我的妹妹...
well, she's...
她...
She's like the both of you.
她跟你们俩一样
And it's a hard life,
这种生活很不容易
and I understand.
我能理解
Good luck.
祝你们好运
And don't forget, when November ninth comes...
不要忘记 等到11月9日...
vote for yours truly.
投出你们的一票
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
I don't know why I thought that ever would have worked.
我竟然觉得找他会有用
What do we do now?
我们现在怎么办
Sloppy joes, I swear,
牛肉酱三明治
each nurse had one in that musty break room.
护士们就在发霉的休息室里吃那些
It took all my self-control not to hurl right there and then.
我努力压抑自己 当时才没吐出来
So, Mrs. Mayfair, who is the hospital's benefactor,
所以梅菲尔夫人 也就是医院赞助人
we've become very close. I mean, she's a whiz at Parcheesi.
我们成好朋友了 她很擅长玩飞行棋
She said, "No, Betsy, I insist.
她说 "不行 贝琪 我坚持要这样
From now on, all your lunches will be catered."
从现在起 我要为你们提供午餐"
Betsy.
贝琪
I need to talk to you about Edmund.
我要跟你说说埃德蒙的事
How aware is she of...
她了解多少...
You don't know me well, Nurse Bucket...
你还不太了解我 巴克特护士...
No, I know you quite well.
不会 我很了解你
You nearly bled to death on this very carpet.
你差点在这里的地毯上流血而死
Scrubbing someone's blood out of Saxony pile
从萨克森羊毛地毯上擦掉某人的血迹
is a rather intimate act.
是一种很亲密的行为
She's aware of what he means to me and why.
她清楚他对我的意义 以及原因
The fact is, the governor has gone mad with this electric chair.
实际上 州长非常执着于使用电刑椅
He started frying people to win points with the voters,
他动用电刑 是为了赢得选票
and Edmund is next in line.
下一个就是埃德蒙了
You know I can't let that happen.
你知道 我不能允许这种事发生
I am going to need your help.
我需要你的帮助
He can't burn, Betsy.
不能把他电死 贝琪
This must be humane somehow.
必须要用人道的方式
I agree.
我同意
I mean, he is still our patient.
我是说 他仍然是我们的病人
And anyone with a brain in their nut can tell he's mentally ill.
任何有脑子的人 都能看出来他有精神病
And our job as nurses is to... treat the ill
而护士的职责就是... 治疗病人
with as much care and humanity as possible.
尽可能展现出关怀和人道
No matter what they've done.
无论他们做过什么
Angels of mercy.
仁慈的天使
Yeah, but what do you mean by "mercy"?
是啊 你说"仁慈"是什么意思
We bring him out to the barn.
我们把他带到谷仓去
And we'll arrange for no guards to be inside this time.
这次我们不会在里面安排警卫
He'll be appreciative.
他会很感激的
It shows that we trust him.
这表明我们相信他
And when the guards ask why they're not needed,
当警卫问 为什么不需要他们的时候
I'll tell them because Betsy Bucket says so.
我就告诉他们 是贝琪·巴克特说的
Well, they'll listen to that. I mean, believe me.
他们会听的 你相信我
Hi. Who's this?
-嗨 -这是谁呀
Hi. This is Porky, my favorite.
嗨 这是猪小弟 我的最爱
He'll be caring for the animals.
他会开始照顾动物们
Talking to them.
跟他们说话
Then Huck will come up behind him
然后哈克会从后面出现
and inject him with sodium thiopental...
给他注射硫喷妥钠...
to sedate him.
给他麻醉
He will fall to the ground...
他会倒在地上...
and slowly lose consciousness.
慢慢失去知觉
I'm so sorry, my sweet brother.
我很抱歉 亲爱的弟弟
I'm sorry this had to happen to you.
我很抱歉 只能这样了
As long as I'm alive, you will be with me.
只要我还活着 你就会跟我在一起
You are part of me, Edmund.
你是我的一部分 埃德蒙
After it's done,
完事之后
we merely say he got unruly,
我们就说他不守规矩
so we had to give him a sedative,
所以不得不给他使用镇静剂
and he had a bad reaction.
结果他出现了不良反应
As you know, that happens all the time.
你也知道 这种事经常发生
As a nurse...
作为护士...
I can't say I'm in love with the idea
我不太喜欢
of taking an action that will end a life.
采取措施来结束一个人的生命
I suppose we...
看来我们...
We have to face the ghastly horror of what would be the alternative.
只能去面对另一种可怕的选择了
Maybe I should deliver the lethal dose.
也许应该让我来给他注射致命的剂量
剧集 | 拉契特(2020) | 导航列表