剧集 | 追缉:炸弹客 | 导航列表
12.2(b) motion from the defense,
但他们的证人名单中包括
but their witness list includes
很多偏执型分♥裂♥症的专家
a number of experts on paranoid schizophrenia.
法官阁下 可否进内庭讨论此事
Your Honor, can we move this to chambers?
不行 他在 你们在说什么
No, what is he -- what are you talking about?
我们需要在挑选陪审团之前得到阐明
We need clarification before beginning jury selection,
法官阁下 如果辩方准备
Your Honor, if the defense is going to pursue
以心理缺陷来辩护 继续
a mental-defect defense and continue to --
我们没有此意
That is not our intention.
法官阁下 拜托 我们可否
Your Honor, please, can we --
继续宣称被告人有偏执症
...continue to claim that the defendant is paranoid --
法官阁下 我想和我的律师单独谈谈
Your Honor, I need a moment alone with my attorneys.
你就站在那里当着我的面说谎
You stood right there, and you lied to my face.
我们是在救你的命 泰德
We're saving your life, Ted.
那是我的命 朱迪
It's my life, Judy!
我的
Mine!
你回到审判庭
You're gonna walk back in there,
告诉法庭
and you're gonna inform the court
我们不再进行心理缺陷的辩护
that we will not be pursuing mental-defect defense,
现在不做 以后也不做 我绝不做
not now, not ever. I won't have it.
无论你是否赞成我的战略决策
Whether you approve of my strategic decisions or not,
我都有道德义务在这个体系里
I have an ethical obligation in the system
尽我所能救你的命
to do what I have to in order to save your life.
救的不是我的命 朱迪
You're not saving my life, Judy!
而是我的躯壳
You're saving my body,
还是通过摧毁我毕生的作品来救这副躯壳
and you're saving my body by destroying my life's work!
泰德 你靠着给无辜之人邮寄炸♥弹♥
Ted, you mailed bombs to innocent people
才把一些肤浅的想法
so you could get some half-baked ideas
刊登在了报纸上
published in a newspaper.
我不舍昼夜工作想挽救你的性命
I will work around the clock to save your life.
这是我作为你的辩护律师应尽的义务
That's my obligation as your attorney.
但假如说你没有心理缺陷的话
But if you're not mentally defective,
那就谁都不会有了
I don't know who is.
法官阁下
Your Honor,
我与我的现任辩护律师的关系
my relationship with my present attorneys
已无法再维系下去
has become untenable.
他们承认对我欺骗
They have admitted to lying to me,
使诈 背叛我的信任
to tricking me, to betraying my trust.
他们一直以来都知道 我宁愿死
They knew all along that I would rather die
也不愿被错误地认定为精神不正常
than be falsely portrayed as mentally ill.
我并不想为我自己辩护
I do not want to represent myself,
但是现在 我别无选择
but right now, I see no alternative.
我不这么认为 卡钦斯基先生
I don't think so, Mr. Kaczynski.
在我的法庭上 不能有夸张表演
In my courtroom, there are no theatrics,
也不能有任何延迟
and there are no delays.
我可以是许多角色 卡钦斯基先生
I may be many things, Mr. Kaczynski,
但我唯独不是兰斯·伊藤
but the one thing I am not is a Lance Ito.
抱歉 我没听懂
I'm sorry, I don't understand.
辛普森杀妻案的庭审法官
The judge in the O.J. Trial.
不许延迟
No delay.
庭审继续
The trial will continue.
法官阁下 我不是申请延迟
Well, Your Honor, I'm not asking for a delay.
我可以在一小时之后为我自己辩护
I can begin representing myself in an hour --
从现在起的一小时
One hour from now.
这个我们已经探讨过了
We've already considered this.
根据你的辩护律师给我提供的
Based on the psychological evaluation
心理鉴定
your defense provided me,
我认为你心智不健全
I find you mentally unsound
无法进行有效辩护
to mount an effective defense.
你们已经考虑过的心理鉴定
Psychological evaluations that you've already considered?
你们事先已经都讨论过了
Did you all discuss this beforehand?
你们是不是已经决定好如何判决了
Have you all decided how this ends?
我健全到可以上庭受审
I'm sane enough to stand trial,
健全到可以在联邦监狱里
sane enough to spend the rest of my life
度过余生
in a federal penitentiary,
但却没健全到可以为自己辩护
But I'm too insane to represent myself,
没健全到可以判处死刑
too insane to be executed,
我估计我也没健全到可以作证
And I'm guessing I'm too insane to testify
说出我所真正坚信的任何事情吧
and say anything about what I actually believe in.
你那秘密的心理报告是不是这么写的
Is that what you're secret psych report said?
法官阁下 恐怕我有宪法所规定的权利
Your Honor, I am afraid I have a constitutional right
为我自己辩护
to represent myself,
如果我需要上诉到司法审查委员会的话
And if I have to take that to the judicial review board,
我一定做到
I will.
你当然有这个权利
Well, of course you have that right.
你当然可以选择为自己辩护
You can certainly choose to represent yourself.
如果你想的话 那么 问题就在于
If you do, however, that raises the question
你的心智状态究竟是否适合受审
of whether you're mentally fit to stand trial at all.
我们可以很容易地解决
And we can easily resolve the question
你的心智能力问题
of your mental competency
只要在一家精神病院观察一段时间即可
with an observation period in a mental institution,
在精神病院待上六十天就行
say, starting with a 60-day stay in the care of a psych hospital,
如果医生认为有必要的话还要再多待些日子
Perhaps longer if the doctors find it necessary
以便接受治疗或药物处理
to start treatment or medication,
不论他们做出什么决定都是为你好
Whatever they determine is in your best interests.
如果你想如此的话
If you want to pursue this,
我现在就可以给你写决议
I'll write the order now
然后让他们把你押送到医院去
and have you remanded into their care.
-我方没有异议 -不 不
- We have no objection to that. - No, no, no.
我...我需要...我需要一些时间
I-I-I -- I need -- I need some time.
我需要时间来思考一下我的选择
I need time to think about my options.
你没有时间 而且也没得选
You don't have time, and you don't have options.
你的庭审现在继续 卡钦斯基先生
Your trial will continue now, Mr. Kaczynski.
这些是你的律师
These are your lawyers.
你必须按他们的指示行事
You will do as they instruct.
如果他们说你有精神缺陷
If they say you're mentally defective,
你只需要静静点头表示同意
You will nod and agree in silence.
好吧
All right.
他要做辩诉交易
He's making a deal.
泰德要认罪
Ted's gonna plead guilty.
真是见鬼了
Holy shit!
你跟他说什么了
What'd you say to him?
事实
The truth.
你是说你的辩护律师与检察官
Is it your understanding that your attorneys had discussions
已就认罪答辩
with the attorneys for the government in this case,
达成一致意见了是吗
concerning your change of plea?
是的 法官阁下
Yes, Your Honor.
你主动认罪
Are you entering this plea voluntarily
是否出于自愿
because it is what you want to do?
是的 法官阁下
Yes, Your Honor.
你是否明白 这一请求
Do you understand that, as part of this plea,
意味着你将放弃上诉的权利
you are waiving your right to appeal?
我明白
I do.
你将放弃
That you are waiving your right
未来所有上诉机会的权利
to challenge any portion of this proceeding in the future,
包括对搜查令合法性的质疑
including the search warrant?
我明白
I understand.
很好
Very well, then.
你是否承认所有指控
How do you plead to all charges?
我认罪
Guilty.
我们稍后宣判
We will reconvene for sentencing.
将会聆听受害人证词
We will hear testimony from the victims,
如有需要 届时你也可以做最后陈述
and you'll be able to make a statement then if you wish.
休庭
Court adjourned.
帮助抓到校航袭击者的那些信
...letters that land the bombers.
你将会前程似锦
You're gonna have a long, brilliant career
每天高枕无忧阅读无聊的来信
reading nasty letters from "A" -holes.
祝贺你大获全胜 菲茨
Congrats. A big win, Fitz.
这真是大功一件
This is a big win.
量刑之前
Before we proceed with sentencing,
我们要聆听部分受害人发表陈词
剧集 | 追缉:炸弹客 | 导航列表