剧集 | 追缉:炸弹客 | 导航列表
这些不算错误
These aren't mistakes.
谁管我叫婆娘 那就是错误
Someone calls me a "broad", that's a mistake,
我保证他们不敢再犯的错误
One they would not make a second time.
说黑鬼也是找打
"Negro" will get your ass kicked.
欧尼 你真是书呆子
Ernie, you're a nerd.
想试试黑鬼的厉害吗
Want to test a negro,
婆娘
broad?
好吧 那就从这里入手
Okay. Let's go with this.
从这里入手 好吗
Let's go with it, all right?
能说明什么
What's it telling us?
谁会这样说话
What's -- who talks like this?
我爸 沃利 他就这样说话 但是
My dad, Wally, he talked like this, but...
这是世代的问题
It's generational.
世代问题
It's generational.
所以三四十岁的人
So no one 30 to 40 years old
不会用这些词 对吧 对吧
would use those words, right? right?
三四十岁 更老
没错 那么结论是什么
Correct. So what are we saying?
我不知道 不知道
I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.
还能说明什么
What -- what -- what else does it tell us?
还有 如果他这么说话 那这个人
Well, well, also, if he used these words, then this is a guy
肯定没接触过黑人
who's never been around black folks...
-没错 -或者女人
- All right. - Or women.
-继续 -相信我
- There you go. - And trust me.
我是校航炸♥弹♥专案组唯一一个黑人
When you're pretty much the only black guy in the UTF,
有很多机会接触这些语言线索
you get lots of practice picking up on language clues.
所以
So with that,
他肯定不是一直住在旧金山 对吧
he wouldn't live in San Francisco proper, right?
但是每封信和包裹都是从这里寄出的
Except every letter and package was mailed from here.
好吧 好
Okay. All right.
先不管
Don't worry about it.
我们继续
Let's keep playing.
也许他确实住这里
Maybe he does,
但是住在乡下 开车才能进城
'cause he lives in the suburbs within driving distance.
好 全整理出来
Yes. Give me everything.
整理出我们在宣言里
Give me every language clue
找到的全部语言线索
that we have found in the manifesto.
好 黑鬼 小妞 婆娘
Okay, well, "Negro," "Chick," "Broad,"
婆娘 妹子 黑鬼
不可兼得
"Eat your cake,"
虽然我不明白这有什么用
Though I don't know where that gets us.
继续 快 继续
Just keep going. Go on. Come on.
很多长句 正式表达
The long sentences, the formal style --
特别的用词
狂乱
失范
-竭力表现自己的智识 -好
- Trying to sound smart. - Okay.
这些是拼写变体 不是错别字
They're variant spellings, they're -- they're not wrong.
只是特殊 比如少一个L
They're just unusual, like "Willful" with one l and...
任性
用S不用Z
"Analyze" With the s, not a z.
分♥析♥
还有段落标号♥ 尾注标号♥
Plus the numbered paragraphs, numbered end notes,
注释
修正页 引用文献页...
a corrections page, works-cited pages...
修正表
引用文献
-好 -格式很奇怪
- Okay. - It's a weird format.
好吧 所以这说明什么
Okay. Okay. So what does that tell us?
不知道 就是个奇怪的格式
I don't know. It's formatted weird.
拜托
Come on!
伙计 你想要什么
Dude, what do you want?
我们一直在找方言 没有方言
We've been looking for wudder. There's no wudder.
虽然想法很好 但试过了
I mean, it's an awesome idea. We gave it a shot.
但再大胆的猜想也要小心求证啊
But discretion is the better part of valor.
我可不想成为下一个邮票小子
I don't want to be the next stamp guy.
他出去找
I mean, he's off interviewing
尤金·奥尼尔孙子的遛狗人了
Eugene O'Neill's grandkids' dog walker,
他的事业算是完了
And his career is over
因为他不知道要适时罢手
because he didn't know when to say, "Uncle."
引用文献
也许我们该找些专家来
Maybe we should call in the experts.
托马斯·赫尔曼德教授 昆虫学
斯普拉格·德·坎普 美国武士巫师协会
冒险小说《古代工程师》作者
你要去圣迭戈吗
Are you going to the, uh, San Diego thing?
詹姆斯·斯泽林斯基教授
社会学
不去
I'm not going.
那个挺不错的
It's a good one.
感谢大家前来
Thank you all for coming,
感谢大家抽时间看宣言
For taking the time to read the manifesto.
今天请大家来这里
You've all been asked here today
是因为宣言中引用了你们的话
because you were either cited in the manifesto
或者你们从事相关领域
or you work in a related academic field.
我只是...
Look, I'm just --
希望你们能给我们指点迷津
I'm hoping that you can shed some light on
查出宣言作者的身份
who the author is based on what you read.
这些理念
Are there things
这些措辞 你们之前是否接触过
that you recognize in the ideas, in the language,
比如合作过的人
you know, from someone that you work with,
同事 或者以前的学生
a colleague or former student maybe?
如果是我哪个学生写的
If one of my students wrote this,
肯定我早就开除了
he'd be out of the program.
这家伙绝对过不了同行评议
There's no way this guy would pass peer review.
写成这样
You could scrape by writing like this
-在自然科学领域也许能勉强及格 -得了吧
- in the hard sciences maybe. - Oh, please.
你们系最近二十年
The work coming out of your department
都没有发表过论文了
hasn't been publishable in 20 years.
-拜托 -我有个问题
- Oh, please. - I actually do have a question.
抱歉
Excuse me.
打扰一下
Excuse me.
请问论文前面附有修正页吗
Was there a corrections page appended to the front?
有
Yeah.
题目是"修正表"还是"勘误表"
And is it called "Corrections" or "Errata"?
是英文还是拉丁文
Was it in English or Latin?
还是让这个比较语言学研究生
Leave it to the comparative linguistics grad student
来思考相关之处吧
to focus on what's relevant.
校航袭击者有句话倒说对了
You know, the Unabomber had one thing right.
诸位看第88段了吗
Did you all read paragraph 88?
"某些科学成果和增加人类的福祉
"Some scientific work has no conceivable relation
扯不上半点关联"
to the welfare of the human race,"
比如 比较语言学
comparative linguistics, for example.
你觉得你的研究成果就有了吗
And you think your work is relevant?
来听政♥治♥科学怎么说
Well, listen to the poli-sci--
欢乐的时光总是过得这么快
Time flies when you're having fun.
不欢乐
Nope.
我们找谁要津贴
So who do we see about our per diem?
前台
Front desk.
菲茨 今天有收获吧
Fitz, good stuff today?
明天一早找我汇报
Fill me in first thing tomorrow.
-好的 -打扰一下
- Yeah. - Excuse me.
你可以去前台领津贴
You can get your per diem at the front desk.
不 我不是问这个 我只是...
No, no. It's not that. I just...
你还没有回答我的问题
My question was never answered.
是"修正表"还是"勘误表"
Is it "Corrections" Or "Errata"?
是"修正表"
It's, uh, "Corrections."
怎么了
Why?
过来看下格式
Come look at the format.
很奇怪
It's weird.
对你来说 是很奇怪
To you, it's weird.
可对我来说 不管是这些编号♥段落
To me, these numbered paragraphs,
编号♥尾注 还是修正页
the numbered end notes, and the corrections page,
这就是一篇学术论文
I mean, this is a dissertation.
是一篇版式标准的博士学位论文
This is standard formatting for a PhD.
关于版式我问过好多人
I asked everyone about the formatting.
问题就在这
Well, that's the thing.
现在的学术论文已经完全不一样了
Modern dissertations look totally different now.
剧集 | 追缉:炸弹客 | 导航列表