剧集 | 追缉:炸弹客 | 导航列表
See, the second time around, the eyewitness was describing
第一位素描师 这家伙
the original sketch artist -- this guy.
诡异的人类记忆机制
Some crazy thing in the human memory.
她记下的是记忆校航袭击者这件事
She was remembering remembering the unabomber.
她 想想看
And she had spent -- yeah, think about it --
只看到校航袭击者三秒钟
Three seconds looking at the unabomber.
通缉
但和那位素描师
But she spent the whole afternoon with him,
一起待了整个下午
the sketch artist.
经年之后 两张面孔就混在一起
And over time, the faces blend together.
最早那张素描呢 是什么样
What about the original sketch? What does that look like?
我的天啊
Oh, my god.
他是住这儿吗
Is this where he lives?
大卫 他是住这儿吗
David, is this where he lives?
那是我们一块儿搭的小屋
That's the cabin we built together.
他是个数学家
He's a mathematician.
小屋由他设计 符合数学上的完美比例
He designed the cabin to a perfect mathematical ratio.
没有通电 也无自来水供应
There's no electricity or running water.
是...极简
It's, uh -- it's perfect simplicity.
在蒙大拿州西部 荒无人烟
It's Western Montana. It's the middle of nowhere.
美妙至极
It's really beautiful.
他因地制宜 自行采摘捕猎
He just lives off the land. He forages, hunts for food.
有个小菜园
Has a little garden.
大概每年就四百美元的开销
I think he lives off something like $400 a year.
他没工作
He's got no job?
时不时干些稀奇古怪的活儿
He does odd jobs here and there,
但那地方远离人烟
but he lives about as far outside the system
这年头没人能住得那么远
as -- as anybody can this day and age.
很多人
You know, a lot of people,
连我妻子 他们
even my wife, they --
他们见识到他的生活方式 认为他
they look at that and they think he's...
疯了
he's crazy.
他不过是有勇气践行自己的理想
He just has the courage to live according to his ideals.
我很敬佩
I respect that.
我也是
Yeah, I do, too.
但当时主客观共同作用
But it was a bit of a push/pull situation,
使得泰德住进森林
Ted going to live out in the woods.
他主观上是要践行自己的理想
He was pulled out there by his ideals,
但也有客观原因
but there was a push, too,
就在拍下这张照片后不久
Not long after this photo was taken.
什么客观原因
So what was the push?
他最后用光了积蓄
He eventually ran out of money living out there,
回来芝加哥找了一份工作
and he came back to Chicago to get a job.
我安排他进电♥话♥厂
I got him work at this phone factory
父亲的老东家
that my, uh, father worked at --
那个夏天我在那当领班
I was a foreman there that summer.
结果 他喜欢上了那里的一个姑娘
Anyhow, there was a girl there he had a crush on.
她叫艾伦
Her name was Ellen.
他约她出去 后来又约会几次
He asked her out. They went on a few dates.
我记得他们去采摘苹果
I think they went apple-picking,
艾伦嫩姑娘
可惜屁♥股♥上
堆积厚脂肪
谁看都恶心
谁看不绝望
在我妈的烤箱里烤了一个馅饼
baked a pie in my mother's oven.
但是泰德不能很好地跟人相处
But Ted is not great with people,
所以她跟他说不想再继续交往了
So she told him she didn't want to see him again.
我觉得她挺友善的
Think she was cordial about it,
但是我第二天上班的时候 到处都是
but when I showed up to work the next day, there were, um...
"艾伦嫩姑娘
"Certain young lady named Ellen
谁看都恶心"
whose fanny is very repellin."
整个地方都贴满了那种...那种五言打油诗
The place was covered in these -- these dirty limericks.
都是关于艾伦的
They were all about Ellen.
肯定有上百张 到处都是
Must've been 150 of them. They were everywhere.
匿名信息就是他的武器
I mean, anonymous messages is his weapon.
这就是微型的校航炸♥弹♥ 包括打字机
It's the unabom in miniature, right down to the typewriter.
泰德
Ted?!
我把我哥给炒了
I fired my brother,
就在那个时候他正式和社会切断联♥系♥
Uh, and that's really when he made his break.
他拿了最后的薪水
He took his last paycheck,
然后就一去不回地搬去了小木屋
And he went out to the cabin for good.
-你还跟你哥见面吗 -不
- You still see your brother? - No.
-你跟他还有联♥系♥吗 -没有
- You still contact him? - No.
-打过电♥话♥吗 去看过他吗 -他没电♥话♥
- Call him, visit? - He doesn't have a phone.
我们几年前一直写信联♥系♥
We used to write until a few years ago.
可是他给我寄的信太多了
I mean, he sent me so many letters.
我上一封还没回 他已经把下一封寄过来了
He would send me another one before I could even respond.
大概有一百多封 好几百封
I probably have 100 of them. Hundreds.
我要看看那些信
I'm gonna have to see those letters.
我要看看你手里的每一封信
I'm gonna have to see every letter that you have.
有一些在我得克萨斯州的小窝
Some of them are, uh, at my abri in texas.
那是我以前在那住的一个小木屋
It's a small cabin I used to live in out there.
其余的在...在我母亲那里
The rest are -- are at my mother's.
她就住在附近 我们可以去取那些信
She's nearby, so we could go get those.
我们可以去取
We can go get 'em.
我们得告诉我母亲...
We'd have to tell my mother that...
她的儿子...是...
Her son, uh, is --
而我就是...
And I'm the one that --
我就是告发他的那个人
That I'm the one that turned him in.
你说有其他的母亲和兄弟
You know, you said there were other mothers and brothers
站出来 但是...
who came forward, but, um...
这可是我哥哥
It's my brother.
我哥哥是校航袭击者
My brother's the unabomber.
你知道如果换做别人会怎样吗
Do you know what would happen if it was someone else?
99%的人会坐视不管
99% of them would just let it go.
他们缺乏勇气
They would have lacked the courage.
他们缺乏警惕 不会打电♥话♥举报
They would have lacked the awareness to make that call.
他们会被恐惧阻拦 做不了应该做的事
They would have let fear get in the way of doing what was right.
而我们就永远都不会知道他是谁
And we would never, ever know who he was,
也就永远无法阻止他
and we would never be able to stop him.
因为你 这个世界很幸运
The world is lucky that it was you.
而你不得不背负罪恶感 饱受折磨
And you have to take that burden of guilt and suffering
为的是其他人可以高枕无忧
so that the rest of us can sleep safely at night,
这也是一个人能做出的最大限度了
and it is the most anyone can give.
怎么了
What's going on?
如果是他的话 一定要阻止他
Yeah, so, if it's him, then he must be stopped.
因为他的受害者们 他们也有母亲
Because his victims, they all had mothers, too.
可是他曾是多么快乐的一个孩子啊
But he was such a happy boy.
他...他对你特别温柔 充满了爱
He -- he was so gentle with you, so loving.
你不记得了吗
Don't you remember?
我做错了什么吗 发...发生了什么
So where did I go wrong? What -- what happened?
他在哈佛的时候出什么事了吗
Did something happen to him at Harvard?
他绝对不会跟我说的
He would never tell me.
但是我总觉得他在哈佛时内心深处有了变化
But I always felt like something changed inside him there.
或者是他小时候的事
Or maybe when he was a little boy.
还是别的什么时候
Or when?
不知道原因是吗
Is there no answer?
这些都是泰德写的
Ted wrote all of these?
是的
Yes.
这些能追溯到三十年前
These go back 30 years.
拼写对上了吗
The spelling checked out?
措辞一致
Diction's right on.
是他
It's him.
我得把这些给校航炸♥弹♥专案组看
It's just -- I need to present this to the U.T.F.,
也得让他们看到
and I need to make them see it, too.
好的 我们能搞定
Okay. We can do this.
我们需要把泰德手写的信全都过一遍
We need to go through Ted's handwritten letters --
他的语言 他的想法...
his language, his ideas --
然后找出与校航袭击者宣言的对照项点
And then find points of comparison in the unabomber's manifesto.
自♥由♥的领域
是的 还有他的生活
Yeah, and his life, too.
我们要弄清他的过去 他是什么样的人
We work out his history, who he is.
是否符合时间线 是否符合侧写
Does it match the timeline? Does it match the profile?
剧集 | 追缉:炸弹客 | 导航列表