剧集 | 追缉:炸弹客 | 导航列表
And if that's what is motivating you now,
这就是真正的高尚
I think that's truly noble.
我过去常常认为泰德知晓所有答案
I used to think that Ted had all the answers.
他的确是知晓一些答案
Ted does have some of the answers.
但都不是紧要问题的答案
Not the ones that really matter, though.
你看 在泰德的哲学中只有一件事
See, there's only one thing not accounted for
他无法解释
in Ted's philosophy.
但那却是最最重要的
But it's everything.
即你与爱泼斯坦两手相握时的感觉
It's what you felt shaking Epstein's hand.
就这么简单
Simple as that, huh?
爱什么时候简单过
Since when was love ever simple?
去吧 你知道如何结束这一切
Now go. You know how to finish this.
你是来幸灾乐祸的吗
Did you come here to gloat?
我正忙着呢
'Cause I have work to do.
我有东西想给你看
I got something to show you.
我们在哪儿
where are we?
一空军基地
An air force base.
垂死挣扎的恶臭
Well, this reeks of desperation.
我都无法
I can't even -- w-w--
这是要恐吓我吗
I-is this supposed to intimidate me?
你不仅仅要把我关起来
You'll not only lock me up,
还要把我的房♥子关起来
you'll lock my house up, as well?
詹姆斯 你还没明白一件事
James, here's the thing you're not grasping.
庭审的结果没有意义
The outcome of the trial is nothing.
庭审本身才是我想要的
The trial itself is everything.
它将为我提供世界上最响亮的话筒
It's gonna give me the biggest microphone in the world.
此前我不得不以暴♥力♥威胁
Before, I had to threaten violence
才能让宣言刊登在《邮报》上
to get one manifesto published in the Post.
如果全国每户人家
Now I'm gonna be piped directly
都能观看到我的演讲
into every living room in the country.
假如被你投入大牢
And if you put me in a jail cell,
我余生的每一天都将用来上诉
I will spend the rest of my life appealing.
但如果是最糟的情况
But if it's the worst case,
像你这种人
the very worst case
能想象的最糟糕的情况
a person like you can possibly imagine,
我被判了死刑
the death penalty,
我向你保证 我连眼睛都不会眨一下
I promise you, I won't even blink.
有一种可能性你没有想到
There's one possibility you didn't think of.
木屋的事情不是检方提出的
On the cabin, the prosecution didn't bring it.
是辩方提出的
The defense did.
为什么
Why?
你怎么会不知道
Why don't you know about it?
感谢您的采访 我很感激能有机会
Thank you for having me here. I-I appreciate the opportunity
从我的角度讲述哥哥的故事
to tell my brother's story, as -- as I understand it.
泰德·卡钦斯基的真♥相♥
The real story o-of Ted Kaczynski
是他罹患精神疾病 一直未被发现
is the story of lifelong, undiagnosed mental illness.
很多年前 我把他的信拿给心理医生看
Some years ago, I showed his letters to a psychiatrist,
医生认为他有深度妄想症
who found him deeply delusional
暂时将他诊断为精神分♥裂♥
and provisionally diagnosed him with schizophrenia.
而偏执型分♥裂♥症的临床症状
And the clinical description of paranoid schizophrenia
十分符合我多年来
mirrors many of the behaviors
大卫·卡钦斯基
泰德·卡钦斯基之弟
观察到的泰德的许多行为
that I've observed in Ted over the years,
尤其是他年纪轻轻就隔绝社会
especially his break from society as a young man.
你哥哥上了每家新闻台 接受杂♥志♥报纸采访
Your brother's on every news channel, every magazine,
说着同样的事情
every newspaper, saying the same thing.
他还有一份稿子 翻来覆去地说
He's got, like, a script he's repeating over and over.
犹大至少知耻自尽
At least Judas had the decency to hang himself.
他需要
That he needs...
大卫自己都不相信精神疾病
David doesn't even believe in mental illness.
谁在乎呢
Who cares?
审判一开始就能让他闭嘴了
We'll muzzle him the moment the trial begins.
他不是唯一一个重复这份稿子
He's not the only one repeating from that script
x7f联♥系♥媒体的人
or talking to the press.
这是《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》
It's the New York Times.
"卡钦斯基的律师提供了一份保密心理报告
"A sealed psychological report provided by Kaczynski's lawyers
表明自1972年他搬入森林中一处小木屋
suggests that Kaczynski has been suffering from mental illness
独居开始 卡钦斯基就一直饱受
since before he moved into a one-room shack
精神疾病折磨
in the woods in 1972.
报告中的症状
Its findings are consistent
与偏执型分♥裂♥症十分吻合"
with diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia."
他们在给你下套
They're setting you up.
你自己的律师背叛了你
Your own lawyers are working against you.
大卫的稿子就是他们给的
They're the ones feeding David his lines,
这也是他们给媒体的
giving this to the press.
正是他们
And they're the ones
把这木屋不远万里运过来
that shipped this cabin across the country
好拿给陪审团看 告诉他们
so they could bring in the jury and say,
"看看这个可怜虫 瞧瞧他的陋室
"Look at this pathetic man and his pathetic cabin.
只有疯子才这么活"
You got to be crazy to live like this."
我不信
I don't believe it.
他们不能这么做 詹姆斯
They can't do any of that, James.
我的诉讼团无权
My legal team isn't authorized
以精神缺陷进行辩护
to pursue a mental-defect defense.
没错 没错 他们要提出12.2(b)动议
Right. Right. You'd have to give them permission
必须得到你的许可
to file, like, a 12.2 demotion,
而你绝不会准
and you'd never grant it.
泰德
Ted...
你对世界的理解如此深刻
You can see so much about the world,
但你却总是
but you've got a big blind spot
识人不明
when it comes to who you choose to trust.
假如你给了律师请专家
You gave your lawyers permission to bring in experts
证明你有精神缺陷的权利
to prove that you're mentally defective,
他们就会扭曲你写的所有文章
and they're gonna twist everything you've ever written,
你说过的所有话
everything you've ever told anybody,
以吻合
to fit the predetermined diagnosis
偏执型分♥裂♥症的症状
of paranoid schizophrenia.
但这些专家参与之前
But before those experts come in,
全世界都将在电视上 新闻上
the whole world is gonna hear the diagnosis
从大卫 从你自己的母亲那儿
a million times on tv, in the newspapers,
听他们说你疯了 听到无数遍
from david, from your own mother.
所以 庭审就有了必然结局
So, the trial is just gonna be a foregone conclusion.
你以为死刑是
And you think death is the worst thing
最可怕的结果吗
that they can do to you?
他们甚至连死刑都不会给
They won't even give you that,
因为不能对疯子执行死刑
'cause they don't execute crazies.
我会换律师 我会上诉
I'll get new lawyers. I'll appeal.
不会有上诉的机会
There won't be any appeals.
他们会剥夺你的上诉权
They'll have your capacity removed.
把你关进精神病院
They're gonna stick you in an insane asylum
在那里 你会逐渐被洗♥脑♥
where, slowly, you will be adjusted.
服药 接受电击治疗
pills, electroshock therapy,
被恐吓 被惩罚 被奖励
threat, punishment, reward,
直到你被治好
till finally you're cured.
也许需要几年时间 但总会有那么一天
It might take years, but it's gonna happen.
你会变成正常人
You will be normal,
重返社会
and you'll rejoin society.
你会拥有一张信♥用♥卡♥ 一套公♥寓♥
You'll get a credit card, an apartment,
一身商务休闲装
business casual wardrobe, you know,
有几件衬衫口袋上面还绣着企鹅
some of those tops with the penguins on them.
你会整天坐在办公桌前
And you'll get a job behind a desk
勤勤恳恳地做着朝九晚五的工作
where you'll work obediently 9:00 to 5:00,
领了第一份工资 你去买♥♥了个手♥机♥
and your first paycheck, you get a cellphone.
第二份 你买♥♥了台电视
Next one, you get a TV.
如果你大手大脚一点 会去买♥♥台任天堂
You know, if you splurge, you can get yourself a nintendo.
每晚 你看着电视入睡
And every night, you fall asleep watching that TV.
每周 你会去一次商场
And every weekend, you're gonna go to the mall.
你会在电器商场徘徊
You're gonna walk around Circuit City.
你会一边盯着大屏幕电视一边想
You're gonna look at the big-screen TVs and think,
"我该置一台二十寸的电视机吗
"Should I get myself a 20-incher?
还是攒钱来一台二十七寸的
剧集 | 追缉:炸弹客 | 导航列表