剧集 | 追缉:炸弹客 | 导航列表
Newspapers are his trophies.
如果我们发表 他去买♥♥报纸
So if we publish it, he goes and gets it,
-留一份纪念 -那又有什么用
- buys a copy. - What's that going to get us?
他随时可以在这个国家
I mean, he can buy the New York Times
任何地方的报刊亭买♥♥一份《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》
at any newsstand in the country any time he wants.
难以操作
It's not actionable.
《邮报》 《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》
The Post. Washington post.
《邮报》怎么了
What about it?
每次我做完《时报》的填词游戏
Every time I finish the times crossword,
都要去买♥♥《邮报》
I go get the Post.
特别烦人 因为《邮报》只在
It's a pain in the ass because you can only buy it
城里一处报刊亭有卖♥♥
at one newsstand in the city.
所以如果发表在《邮报》上...
So if we publish in The Post...
而且已知他住在湾区
And we know he's in the bay area.
他肯定想看到 他肯定想触摸
He'll want to see it. He'll need to touch it.
他肯定想看到人们争相购买♥♥
He'll want to see people buying it,
看到人们阅读他的杰作
he'll want to see people reading it.
他想见证自己的想法产生影响
He's going to want to see his ideas make a difference.
老兄 那起码需要150个特别行动组
Dude, that's 150 S.O.G., minimum.
我不管这个
Well, it's not my problem.
菲茨会搞定的
Fitz is going to sell it.
-科尔 -有进展吗
- Cole. - What do you got?
菲茨和塔比在这
Got Fitz and Tabby in here.
稍等
Hang on.
-说吧 菲茨 -已知他在湾区
- Go ahead, Fitz. - We know he's Bay Area,
而且如果发表
and we think if we publish,
他一定会买♥♥份报纸留做纪念
he would buy the paper as a trophy.
《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》只在湾区一处报刊亭有卖♥♥
The Washington Post is sold at only one newsstand in the Bay Area,
所以如果在《邮报》上独家发表
so if we publish exclusively in The Post,
他肯定会去那买♥♥
he'll have to come there and buy it,
我建议在发行日当天
so on publication day,
追踪并确认旧金山所有
I'm proposing we follow and identify every single person
购买♥♥了《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》的人的身份
who buys a Washington Post in San Francisco.
这是在逗我吗
Is this a joke?
你知道那要耗费多少人力吗
Do you realize the scale?
得用上全国的巡查队
We would have to drain the entire country of surveillance teams.
没错
Yes, sir.
这太疯狂了
That's insane.
我的天呐
For chri-- jesus.
你们好
Hello.
司法部长女士 感谢您拨冗见面
Madam Attorney General, thank you for having us.
弗瑞局长 阿克曼主管
Director Freeh, S.A.C. Ackerman.
久等
Thank you both for waiting.
我猜没戏
I guess that's a no.
还挺有意思
That was fun.
好吧
All right.
回去工作
Back to work.
感谢您同意此次紧急会面
Thank you for seeing us on such short notice.
国内恐怖活动可是时刻准备着 不是吗
Well, domestic terror has a way of clearing the decks, doesn't it?
尤其是牵涉媒体的时候
Especially when the media is involved.
请问要咖啡还是税
Can I get you a coffee or some wudder?
"税"
"Wudder."
你来自费城吗
Are you from Philly?
是的 老家在那
Originally, yeah.
谢谢 不用了
No, thank you. We're fine.
校航袭击者定下的发表期限快到了
So the unabomber's publishing deadline is approaching.
我随时准备联♥系♥《时报》和《邮报》
The Times and The Post are on my call sheet.
我要怎么说
What am I going to tell them?
阿克曼
Ackerman?
联调局建议...
The FBI recommendation...
继续
Go on?
联调局建议
The FBI recommendation
发表宣言
is that we publish the manifesto,
全文发表
in full.
在《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》上独家发表
We publish exclusively in The Washington Post
之后可以双管齐下
as part of a two-pronged approach.
其一 从鉴证语言学角度入手
First prong, forensic linguistics.
如果能让宣言广泛传播
If we make the manifesto widely accessible,
我相信校航袭击者的朋友或同学
I believe that there is an excellent chance
很可能凭其独特的语言和思想
that a friend or a colleague of the unabomber
认出他来
will recognize his unique language and ideology
然后告发
and will turn him in.
其二 校航袭击者很可能
Second, there's a high likelihood
就住在湾区
that the unabomber lives in the Bay Area.
在旧金山 《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》
Now, The Washington Post is sold
只在一个地方售卖♥♥
at only one location in San Francisco.
我们可以利用这一点
This unique advantage will allow us
在出版当天
to stage a large surveillance operation
来一次大范围监视行动 跟踪 询问
to follow, to question, to identify every individual
并确认每个《邮报》读者的身份
who buys a copy of the post on the day of publication.
但这次行动...
While this operation...
这次行动的规模
While the size and scale of this operation
将史无前例
is unprecedented...
我们认为这无疑是
We believe it to be a singular opportunity
诱校航袭击者出洞的绝佳机会
to lure the unabomber into the light.
这个策略真是不同寻常
That's an unusual strategy.
你们认准他住在湾区
You're betting big that he's in the Bay Area.
我们追查过校航炸♥弹♥袭击者的
Well, we've traced every unabom letter,
每一信件 包裹及投件邮箱
package, and bomb to the exact mailbox he dropped it in.
它们都来自旧金山方圆十三千米
Every single one of them is within an eight-mile radius of San Francisco.
既然他能来这边寄炸♥弹♥
If he's coming to town to mail his bombs,
肯定也愿意来这里买♥♥自己的宣言
he'll come to town to buy his manifesto.
有什么参考先例吗
And what's the precedent here?
完成之后我们要怎么办
Where do we stand once all this is done?
我认为到时候可以底气十足地说
I believe that we can say with conviction
发表宣言不是要将就袭击者
that publication is less to assuage the demands of the attacker
而是利用他的计划来抓他
than to use his plan against him.
因此发表宣言并非展现执法部门之软弱
So that it establishes a precedent of vigilance
而是开当局警戒能力之先河
rather than weakness on the part of law enforcement.
前提是能抓到
If you catch him.
是的 女士 前提是抓到
Yes, ma'am. If we catch him.
"前提"很重要
Big "If."
弗瑞局长 联调局总部也支持此事吗
Director Freeh, is FBI HQ on board with this?
唐主动请缨
Don has taken it upon himself to
提出执行
propose implementing
这一联调局历史上最大的
one of the largest surveillance operations
监视行动
in FBI history.
我们很高兴由唐负责
We're happy to let Don take the lead
并出面代表此次行动
and be the face of this operation.
唐 你也快退休了吧
Don, you're nearing retirement, aren't you?
你清楚此案不破有什么下场
You're aware of the implications of this coming undone.
你还是想做吗
You still want to do it?
我只是不想再看到
What I don't want to do is see any more pictures
炸得四分五裂的尸体
of ripped-up bodies,
也不想把这个案子的重担
and I don't want to pawn this case off
扔给我的继任者
on the next guy coming after me.
这是最佳选择
This is our best move.
很冒险
It's risky.
虽然也有其他选择
We've got others.
但这是最好的
But this one's the best.
我只是想确认
Well, I just want to make certain
你清楚行动的后果
you're aware of the consequences here.
想想韦科惨案 我当时那些决定
What happened at Waco, my decisions there
有生之年都摆脱不了
will haunt me for the rest of my natural life,
我有亲身体会 摄像机对准你时
and I can say from experience that everything is different
一切都不一样了
when the camera is pointed at you.
但相比于光鲜的公众形象
But I'd rather respect the man I see in the mirror
我更愿意遵从自己的内心
than the man I see on TV.
好吧
Okay.
就这么做吧
Let's do it.
司法部将给予你全力支持
剧集 | 追缉:炸弹客 | 导航列表