剧集 | 喜鹊谋杀案(2022) | 导航列表
And one of the worst...
也最恶毒的一个字
one of the most offensive in the English language.
如果人们发现、理解到
If people had found out, if people had realised
“艾提克思彭德”真正的意思 不光是那最后一本
that this was "Atticus Pund", well, it wasn't just the last book
你的豪赌、
that was at stake,
你的企业
it was the entire series,
还有跟城市世界媒体的交易 都会付诸东流
and you could forget about any deal with Cityworld Media,
而你会损失上百万
and you would have lost millions.
而就是如此,查尔斯
And that, Charles...
这就是你杀人的原因
is why you had to kill him.
你连解释都不想解释了?
You're not going to deny it?
我曾试图劝过他
I tried to dissuade him.
我们到了塔顶
We went up to the tower.
你是说,是你叫他带你上去的?
You mean, you persuaded him to take you.
他喜欢看风景嘛
Well, he liked to show off the view.
艾伦,看在上帝的面子上
But Alan, for God's sake,
你的书给上百万人带来了欢乐
your books have brought pleasure to millions of people.
对我来说不是
- Not to me.
天哪,真不敢相信 你一直都在计划这件事
- Oh, God, I...I can't believe that you've been planning this all along.
我是说,这太疯狂了
- I mean, it's crazy!
事实上,这让我保持清醒
- Actually, it kept me sane.
它提醒了我这原本就是本垃圾
It reminded me of the rubbish it actually was.
但你这样会毁了我的公♥司♥ 我的员工
But you'll destroy my company, my staff,
还有我其他的作家
my other authors.
你觉得我会在乎吗?
What makes you think I give a damn?
那你下地狱吧,艾伦
Oh, you go to hell, Alan.
下地狱吧
Go to hell!
我可以再来一杯嘛?
- Do you mind if I have another?
-不,请自便 -你呢?
- No. Go ahead. You?
不,我不喝
No, I'm all right.
但杀了他还不够,对吧!
But killing him wasn't enough, was it?
你读完那本书后,还需要个借口
You needed a cover story.
你在最后一章时,
You'd read the book.
发现能利用的东西
You'd seen something in the final chapter that you could use.
但须确认先前没有人知道
But you had to make sure no one else ever read it.
所以你清理了艾伦的办公室
So, you cleared out Alan's office,
拿走了他的笔记跟初稿
taking all his notes and earlier drafts,
但还有,关键素材
but also, the real prize -
最后一章的手稿
a handwritten draft of the final chapter.
这本书以一封遗书做结尾
The book finishes with a suicide letter.
不是艾伦康威
Not from Alan Conway.
而是艾提克思彭德的 书是这么做结尾的
From Atticus Pund. That's how the book ends.
他患有退化性疾病
He has a degenerative disease,
所以他决定结束自己的生命
so he decides to take his own life.
“当你读到这里时 所有一切都已完成
"By the time you read this, it will all be finished.
在我漫长的人生中
"I have achieved great success
我已取得了重大的成就
"in a life that has gone on long enough.
我已给你留了几个字条…”
"I have left you some notes with regard...
“里面有说明关于我的情况 以及所做的决定”
"...to my condition and the decision I have made."
这听起来像他的语气吗?
- Does that even sound like him?
艾伦显然失常了
- Alan clearly wasn't himself.
我是个编辑,我真的应该… 相信我的本能才是…
I'm an editor, I really should have trusted my instincts.
“关于我的情况”
"With regard to my condition."
这真的有点…
It's a little...
僵硬
stilted.
老派
Old-fashioned.
艾伦才不会这样
That wasn't Alan's voice.
彭德才会
It was Pund's.
这是艾提克思彭德在写说
It's Atticus Pund
他的日子所剩不多了…
writing about the fact that he has very little time left.
他要死了
He's dying.
这才是你想要的
And that's what you needed.
我找到这个
I found this.
是艾伦写的
It's from Alan.
这是封遗书
It's his suicide note.
信件的前半段满是道歉…
The first half of the letter was the apology,
后半段则是从书里抄来的
the second half was taken from the book.
这两个加起来 刚好成了你想要的结局
Together, they told exactly the story you wanted.
懊悔,然后辞职
Remorse... and then resignation.
有一个小细节,你不想让人注意到
There's just one small detail you hoped nobody would notice.
但你注意到了
- But you of course did.
对
- Yes.
这封信是手写的
The letter was handwritten,
但你却找了个旧信封装这信
but you had to find an old envelope.
而信封上的字是用打的
And the envelope was typed.
那表示整件事都是伪造的
Meaning the whole thing had been faked.
完全正确
Exactly.
看来…
Well...
你已经把所有线索兜齐了
you seem to have put it all together, Susan,
我必须要恭喜你了
and I must congratulate you.
但还有一个大问题,对吧?
But it does beg one question, doesn't it?
那现在呢?
What happens now?
-什么意思? -你要举报我吗?
- What do you mean? - Are you going to turn me in?
不,我不想被卷进去
No! I don't need to be involved.
我觉得最好的解决方式
I think it would be much better all round
就是你自己去自首
if you called the police yourself.
你知道他们会让我坐牢 终身监禁
You realise they'll send me to prison. I'll get life.
-我会被关到死 -没错,查尔斯
I won't come out. Yes, Charles,
你杀了人,就是这个代价
that's what happens when you commit murder.
我以为你会放我一马
I thought you might make some allowances.
就像你说的,
As you yourself said,
我们都认识那么久了
we've known each other for a long time.
看起来我根本不了解你
It seems I didn't know you at all.
是否今晚可以让我回家
Would you allow me at least
好好陪陪我的家人?
to spend the evening at home with my family?
在我打电♥话♥自首前?
Before I make the call?
如果明天你不打电♥话♥,那我会打
If you don't call them tomorrow, then I will.
但没错,你得跟伊莲解释这一切
But yes, you need to explain everything to Elaine.
伊莲
Elaine.
对…
Yes.
我会很想念这一切的
Ah, I'm going to miss all this.
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
是吗?你看起来比我更自以为是
Are you? You seem more self-righteous to me.
你爱怎么想都随便你,我要走了
You can think what you like. I'm leaving.
晚安,苏珊
Good night, Susan.
你为什么这么固执?
Why did you have to be so bloody obstinate?
我根本不希望你去找那些遗失的稿子
I didn't want you looking for the missing pages.
-我才不在乎那本遗失的书 -天哪
I don't care about the missing book.Jesus Christ.
我这么做只是为了自保 还有保护我的家庭…
All I was doing was protecting myself,
-不,查尔斯 -还有我的未来
- and my family and my future. - Charles!
我现在就要这么做,是你逼我的
That's what I'm doing now. You made me!
查尔斯,不要!
Charles, no!
查尔斯…你在干什么?
Charles...Charles, what are you doing?
求你了,查尔斯
Please, Charles... Uh!
查尔斯…
Oh, Charles...
我很抱歉,苏珊
I'm sorry, Susan.
我真的很抱歉
I really am.
查尔斯…
Charles. Charles!
求你了
Please!
我给过你机会
I gave you a chance.
你应该答应才对
You should have taken it!
苏珊
Susan!
苏珊
Susan!
-苏珊 -安德鲁
- Susan! - Andreas.
-你爬得起来吗? -可以
- Can you get up? -Yeah
是…是查尔斯
It was Charles.
-是查尔斯 -没事了,来吧
That's all right. Come on.
你醒了
You're awake.
感谢老天
Thank God.
凯蒂
Katie.
安德鲁打来告诉我发生什么事
剧集 | 喜鹊谋杀案(2022) | 导航列表