剧集 | 移民国度(2020) | 导航列表
You can't walk a little bit?
不能 一点吧
Nothing, a little bit.
从我所听到的消息猜 这些人是来自瓦哈卡州和恰帕斯州
These dudes are from Oaxaca and Chiapas is what I've heard so far.
里边境超远的
Super far from the border.
如果我和这些人谈谈话 明白他们的个人故事后
If I were to talk to these guys and get every detail of their story,
我很确定 若我能做主的话
I'm sure that, if it were up to me,
我会说:“你的人挺不错的 你就留下来吧 老兄”
I would say, "You know what, man? You can just stay, dude. You seem cool."
但不是由我作主
But it's not up to me.
感觉不好受 但这一行就是这样
And you know, you feel bad, so it's the nature of the beast. Just give me a couple at a time.
他们会失去一组人
They might lose a load,
但对他们而言 这只是做生意的成本
but to them, it's just the cost of doing business.
我们抓到一个 他们会带进去五个
They'll get five across to their one that we get.
这是一场猫捉老鼠的游戏 他们也很厉害玩呢
It's all a cat and mouse game, and they're good at it.
虽然他们想阻止这一切 这目前是不可能的
They may want to stop this, but right now, it won't happen.
我们总是会找办法把人带进美国的
We always find a way to get people into the United States.
无论他们怎么做 这都不会停止的
Whatever they do, this is not going to stop.
就算他们建立一堵二十米高的墙
And even if they make a 20-meter-high wall...
我们都还能工作的
...we will always be able to work.
我们总是落在他们后边
We're always behind the curve.
我们会需要一段时间 明白他们的新技巧
You know, it takes us a while to catch on their new techniques.
他们也有很好的情报网呢
They have a very good intel network, too.
他们有些...
They have guys that
唯一工作就是坐在山顶上
their sole job is nothing but to sit on a mountain
带着一个墨西哥卷饼
with a burrito
一副双筒望远镜 一个两向收音机
and a pair of binoculars and a two-way radio,
看着边境巡逻的一举一动 其他的什么都不做的人
and that's all they do. Watch comings and goings of the Border Patrol.
例如现在
Look, for example, right now,
这附近有差不多五个巡逻队吧
we have, like, five Immigration patrols around here.
即使我们必须走多五或十个小时
And even if we need to walk five to ten hours more,
我们还是会进去的
we will get in.
高速公路86 英里标记117旁有一个十人组
They got a group of ten off 86 by mile marker 117.
收到
Roger that.
我们的工作是狩猎
You know, you're getting paid to go hunt,
没什么比狩猎人类更有挑战性了
and there's nothing more challenging than hunting the human species.
有时...
Just sometimes...
他们会比你聪明一点
they're just a little bit smarter than you sometimes.
但这样才好玩啊
They outsmart you, but hey, that's what makes it so fun.
事实上 我们不能把移♥民♥局当敌人看待
We shouldn't regard Immigration officials as enemies.
他们和我们一样 有工作
They have a job, like us.
所以若他们让我们的工作更艰难 我们也会相应对待
So, they make it harder for us to work... ...and we make it harder for them too.
我在这里和为黑♥手♥党♥的人过过边境 他们被谋杀了
I crossed with guys here who worked for the mafia and were killed.
他们不在了 他们不见了
They are gone. They have disappeared.
他们闯了祸 接受命题 就玩完了
They get into trouble, accept propositions, and then it's over.
我被提议携带一个包裹
I got offered to carry a package.
我拒绝了
And I said no.
因为我觉得我的命比一万比索还珍贵
I think my life costs more than 10,000 pesos.
没那么便宜
It costs more than that.
我在这里居住五个月了
I've been staying here for five months.
就住在外边这里
I live here, outside.
凌晨四点我会去工作 采黄瓜
And I leave at 4 a.m. to work picking cucumbers.
我只想赚好我的八千或一万比索
I only want to get together my 8,000, 10,000
离开这里
and get out of here.
我努力地工作
I'm working hard,
等待轮到我的时候
waiting for my turn.
时候会来的 我不知道几时 但它是会来的
It's gonna come. I don't know when, but it's gonna come.
或许吧...
Probably...
我想在圣诞节前到那里
I'm trying to be there before Christmas.
我想见我的孩子 我的两个女儿
I want to see my daughters. My two kids, my two daughters.
我不期待她们会叫我爸爸 或拥抱我
I'm not waiting for them to call me Dad or Daddy or give me a hug.
我只想从远处能看到她们
I just want to see 'em from far away.
我只想看看她们的面孔 看她们长什么样子
I just want to see their faces, how they look like.
沙漠不是一场游戏
The desert isn't a game.
我在沙漠里迷路了两次
I got lost twice in the desert.
往天空看 感觉快晕倒了
I looked up and felt like I was passing out...
我就一直走着...
and I kept walking and walking...
嘴唇干裂...
with dry lips...
没有水
without water.
在太阳下没有水的情况 走了两天
Walking two days without water in the sun.
移♥民♥局有许多 能发现我们的高科技设备
Immigration has many high-tech devices to detect us.
感应器 红外线设备
Sensors, infrared.
他们有狗
They have dogs.
有摩托车
They have motorcycles.
有时候你因为跌倒了 扭伤了脚不能走而快死了
There are times when you are dying because you fell, and you twisted your foot and can't walk,
他们也不在乎
and they don't care.
即使你无法走路 他们也会一直逼你
They keep pushing you to walk when you can't walk.
是个生死攸关的游戏
It's a game of life or death.
有个人走了超过35英里来到这一点
Somebody walked upwards of 35 miles to get to this particular point,
这是他们身上带着的东西之一
and this was one of the few things they were carrying with them
能维持生命的东西
that was sort of life-sustaining.
现在在这里了
And now, it's here.
黑色的水壶
A black water bottle.
这是只在墨西哥北部 专门为移♥民♥制♥造♥的
These are only produced in northern Mexico, only for migrants,
让别人带进沙漠里的
for people to carry with them in the desert.
这个具有某种个人风格的东西
This, you know, has a kind of personal touch to it.
有人用了背包的一部分
Someone has taken part of a backpack
造了背带 所以他们能扛在肩上
and fashioned it into... a strap, so they can carry it on their shoulder.
从这些结里 你能看到别人
You can see them in these knots and the ingenuity
为了在这种恶劣环境生存下去
that people come up with to survive
而产生的创造力
in this really... incredibly difficult terrain.
我是以一个非常传统的考古学家
I began my career...
而开始我的事业的
...as a very traditional archaeologist.
奇怪的是
Strangely enough,
就像每一个重大的人类迁徙一样 这留下了考古证据
like every great human migration, there's an archaeological fingerprint.
我挖得越投入
The more I have gotten into it,
局面变得越复杂
the more complicated the picture has become.
一部分的原因是因为这些尸体
Part of that came out of knowing that these bodies were coming
以不良状态进入法医府 而别人会问起
into the medical examiner's office in bad shape and asking people to say,
“尸体腐烂需要多久的时间?
"Well, how long does it take for a body to deteriorate?
死在沙漠里的尸体 看起来是怎么样的?”
What's it look like to die in a desert?"
我问了那些问题
I was asking those questions,
但没人能给我直接的答案
and nobody could give me a straight answer.
除了研究真正死在这种状况的尸体
Short of having a human body in this context,
我们还能用科学其他方式 把这记录下来吗?
are there other ways that we can use science to document this?
法医学用猪代替人尸体
And forensic science has a very long history
其实是个历史悠久的做法
of using pigs as proxies for the human body.
所以我就想了:“他妈的! 我们为什么不用猪来实验呢?”
So, I was like, "Well, shit! Why don't we just do this with pigs?"
你要我在它下面放点东西吗?
I mean, do you want me to find something to stick under it?
这样没问题
Um, that's kind of good like that.
我们用了这些动物 打扮好了 给了他们私人物品
We took these animals, dressed them up, gave them personal effects.
安装了这些相机 就开始记录了
We set up these cameras, and we... we let 'em run.
我们感到了非常震惊
We were shocked, you know.
在某些情况下 完整的尸体
In some instances, you go from fully-fleshed
在36个小时内会被骨架化和脱节 完全被分开
to skeletonized and disarticulated, completely ripped apart, in 36 hours.
疯了!哇靠!
That's nuts! Holy crap!
它们把袜子拿去了
They took off the sock.
天啊!
Christ!
别人消失的速度太惊人了
Just the speed at which folks were disappearing was really striking.
有些私人物品会完全地消失
You'd have personal effects that'd just completely disappear.
有些身体部位 被分布去了数百英尺的距离外
You've got body parts that are spread over hundreds of feet,
使得我们无法调查别人发生了的情况
making it almost impossible to connect the dots.
那就是我们开始想
That was when we really started to think about,
“如果我们在亚利桑那州 收回了三千多个尸体
"Well, if we've got 3,000-plus bodies in Arizona, that's just recovered.
这数目根本不代表所有死去的人”
Those numbers don't represent the total number of people who have died."
你看失踪人员报告也能支持那一点
And you can back that up by just looking at the number of missing persons reports.
有很多人死去了 而尸体是收不回来的
There are a lot of folks out there who have died and will never be recovered.
他们就那样消失了
They're just gone.
(诺加利斯 亚利桑那州)
(建桥不建墙)
听到我说话吗?
Can you hear me?
墙是不能分开我们的
Walls cannot separate us.
我是来讨论我在亚利桑那沙漠
I have come to talk about my son Marco Antonio Ramirez,
(卡梅里纳)
剧集 | 移民国度(2020) | 导航列表