剧集 | 移民国度(2020) | 导航列表
Yeah, we're almost sleeping.
你们吃晚餐了吗?
Have you finished having dinner?
是的
Yes.
说点什么吧 克缇
Say something, Koti.
你好 妈咪
Hi, Mommy.
嗨
Hi.
-爱你 -爱你
Love you. -Love you.
是啊 我很想他们
Yeah, I miss them. I miss them.
但每当我和他们说话 我都不能停止微笑
But whenever I talk to them, I think you just see the smile can't stop.
我会一直想着他们...
Like, you keep thinking about them and...
如果我能和他们团聚 我的生活将会再次完整了
If I got them together with me, then my life will be complete again.
(社区避难和移♥民♥服务)
被卡着的人都在等待
So, these have been stuck, you know, waiting, waiting, waiting.
终于得到访问日子时
They finally got an interview,
大家都非常地兴奋
you know, and so everyone's over-the-moon excited,
我们就会收到推迟决定的通知
and then we get a notice of deferred decision.
“你必须完成你的背景调查”
"Your background checks must be completed."
我们都知道是不可能完成的
So, we know that's the black hole.
她总是来查她的案子 说着 “我的女儿呢?”
She always come here to check her case. Say, "Where's my daughter?"
至今 她在这里等了几乎三年了
So, up to now, almost three years she has been waiting here.
就像其他的案子一样
Like so many of these, they've had to start over,
即使他们准备好来了 还是得必须从头开始
even when they were ready to come.
因为了总统的命令 他们被卡住了
Because of the president's orders, they've gotten stuck.
他们在进行新的安全检查 所以她大概在等那个
They're doing new security clearances, so she's probably in that line.
每天得给坏消息真不好受
It sucks to give bad news every single day.
或是没消息给的时候 那也是坏消息
Or to give no news, which is bad news.
对不起
I'm sorry.
我不知道这些人是怎么忍♥受的
How these people can stand it, I don't know.
那不知情况的状态...
You know, the not knowing...
为什么受了这么多苦的妈妈
You know, why can't this mom, who's been through hell,
不能和她的孩子一起住?
just live with her kids now?
我是为德博拉和其他人说的
Speaking for Deborah and...
你们认为15岁的女孩 能代表什么安全风险?
what kind of security risk do you think this 15-year-old girl is?
关于这些人的事 我们都彻底知道了
We know everything about these people.
需要更多审查
The fact that there needs to be more vetting,
更多极端审查 无论他们怎么称它
more extreme vetting or whatever the hell they wanna call it,
简直是废话
is garbage.
那是建立另一堵墙的方法
It's another way of putting up a wall.
故意设计让更多人失败的
It's designed to make us fail.
所以你会有家长说着 “那我怎么办?
So then you have a parent saying, "Well, what should I do?
还是回去吧”
I'm gonna go back."
好的
Okay.
尽量忍♥耐 我知道这不容易
Try to be patient. I know it's hard.
但你回去内罗毕后 也不能改变任何事
There's nothing you can do if you go back to Nairobi.
你这样做 过程也不会更快地进展的
You're not going to make the process go faster.
别因为你觉得自己该让事情发生
Don't feel like you should go there
而觉得你该回去
because you think you need to do that to make something happen.
好的
Okay.
我们继续联络
We'll keep communicating.
我和律师讨论了
I talked to my lawyer,
她告诉我们这应该帮不上忙
and she told me she doesn't think it may help.
我相信...
I believe...
若我 身为家长
it would work better
走进大使♥馆♥面对面地和他们谈谈
if me, as a parent, walked into the embassy and...
会更有效一些
physically and talked to them.
所以我会照我的方式做
So I'm doing it my way.
我会照我的方式做
I'm doing it my way.
我好兴奋
I am so excited.
我为他们买♥♥了夹克
I bought jackets for them
因为我有希望我会和孩子们一起回来
because I have all the hope that I'm coming back with my children.
快冬天了
We are approaching the winter season,
而我们没有这种夹克
and we don't have these kinds of jackets, you know.
这是为宝宝买♥♥的
So, this is for the baby.
我被硫酸攻击时 她才五岁
I got the attack when she was five years.
所以那让我们之间有了距离
So, that has really separated me from her.
她上次看见我时
And the last time she saw me,
不想和我站得太近
she didn't want to stand near me.
因为我的疤痕 她害怕了我
She was scared of me, because of the scars that I had,
因为我脸上到处都带有的痛苦
because of the pain that was all over my my face.
还有...她不想看见总是哭泣的妈妈
And she didn't want to see a mother who's crying all the time.
(硫酸攻击事件后)
(德博拉的儿女被迫 逃离他们乌干达家)
(为了他们的安全而搬去了肯尼亚)
我去见她后 我就会确保她总是待在我身边
From the time I'll go and meet her, I'll make sure she's always close to me
所以我们能重新建立关系
so that I may get that connection again.
即使已经很多年了 我还是会试试...
Even if it's been after years, I'm going to try and pull...
争回我们的关系
and pull it back.
嘉莉总是离她的兄弟姐妹不远 而老是很关心他们
Carrie is always near her siblings and caring so much.
我离开后 她开始觉得 做妈妈的责任已经在她身上了
By the time I left, she felt... all the responsibility of Mommy is on her.
我总是告诉别人 我变成了青少年的妈妈
I always tell everyone that I became a teenage mom.
对啊 那就是我的感觉
Yeah, that was the feeling I got,
因为我妈告诉了我
'cause my mom told me,
“就靠你让其他人明白
"It's up to you to try to show to the others
他们能依赖你了”
that they can lean on me."
当她回来时
When she comes,
我就会有人依靠了
I'm going to get someone to lean on.
但最重要的是
But most of all...
当她回来后 我就不能想像她会再次离开了
when she comes, I can't imagine her going again.
(机场 斯泰尔路)
分开家庭...
Separation of families...
是件很痛苦的事
is something so painful.
这是最残忍♥的惩罚
It is the worst punishment that you would have given.
对想念孩子的父母
To a parent who is yearning for a child,
这是最痛苦的惩罚
it is the worst punishment.
先生女士们 欢迎来到内罗毕 肯尼亚
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Nairobi, Kenya...
(内罗毕 肯尼亚)
我想你了好多年啊!
I've missed you for all these years!
卡斯伯特长大了!
Oh! Thank goodness Cuthbert has grown!
这个是我的
This one is mine.
是啊 你怎么知道的?
Yes. How did you know?
-是紫色的! -谢谢
It's purple! Thanks.
-这是给卡斯伯特的 -谢谢妈咪
And this is for Cuthbert. -Thank you, Mommy.
给卡罗 给辛西娅
For Caro, for Cynthia.
在美国那里冬天时
In the US, during the winter,
你会穿上衣服 毛衣 然后才穿上夹克
you put on your clothes, put on a sweater, and then put on the jacket.
然后才戴上手套
So, that's when you can--And then you put on the gloves.
就能在雪中轻易地走路
Then you can walk in that snow very well.
他们很会为那种天气而穿着
So, they really know how to dress up for those weathers.
所以夏天的时候
That's why you see them naked
-你会看到他们裸着身 -夏天的时候!
during summer. -During summer!
男人会没穿衣服而走在街上
The men walk on streets when they have not put on shirts
就像他们等不及天气变化那样
just like, you know, they are so happy for the weather to change.
我会绑着辫子去大使♥馆♥
While going to the embassy, I'll go with my dreads.
我不会带上假发
I will not put on any wig.
我要他们看到真正的德博拉
I want them to see the true Deborah.
-对 -好的
Yes. -Okay.
你从一点半到三点之间随时都能来
You can come in anytime between 1:30 and three o'clock.
-好的 -对
Okay. -Yes.
所以在门口的人会知道我有来吗?
So, at the gate, they will be knowing that I'm coming in?
是的 我们会等着你来
Yes, we'll be expecting you.
谢谢
Thank you.
我觉得在此刻 请你一个人来比较好
I think, at this time, please come just by yourself,
-别带着孩子 -好的
not with the children. -Okay.
我会去大使♥馆♥
I'm going to the embassy
要求孩子们受访问
to request for the children to be interviewed,
因为通常访问之后
because normally, after the interviews,
下一步就是去医疗测试 然后...
I think, the next step is always to go for medical, and...
他们就能来和我一起了
and they come and join me.
(过程停止了超过一年后)
(德博拉成功了推前她孩子的访问)
你们都很坚强 孩子们
You've been very strong, children.
你们等了很多年了
You've waited for years.
他们告诉我这是个系统
They told me this is a system,
所以我们必须跟从系统
so we have to follow the system,
但现在 我们确定他们有了我们的案件了
剧集 | 移民国度(2020) | 导航列表