剧集 | 移民国度(2020) | 导航列表
在梅克伦堡县里 举办活动状态的新进展
regarding the status of US Immigration and Custom Enforcement activities in Mecklenburg County.
首先 关于无证移♥民♥导致 暴♥力♥犯罪的上升是不真实的
First of all, the stats about undocumented immigration making the rise of violent crimes is not true.
让我更清楚一些
Let me be clear.
我专注于公共安全
My focus is public safety
还有加强我们社区里的社会结构
and strengthening the social fabric of our community
而不是拆散别人的家庭
rather than tear apart families.
那是我们目前的工作
That's the work truly before us.
我们当选你
We elected you
是让你做这个县的首席执法官
to be the chief law enforcement officer in this county.
不是ICE委任你的
ICE didn't appoint you.
不是总统委任你的
The president didn't appoint you.
这些联邦员工会对你执行工作的方式 特别是我们当选你来做的工作
It's outrageous that these federal employees are making any comments
作出任何评论真是令人发指
about how you are performing your job, the job we elected you to do.
我认为联邦机构
I believe it is totally out of order
来到我们的社区里灌输恐惧 真是不像话的行为
for a federal agency to come in our community and to instill fear.
我们支持你
We support you.
(支持你当地的警长)
All right!
( 巴拿马城 佛罗里达州)
我们带了工人去他的家 要求他还清他欠的工资不久后
Soon after we took workers to his house to request the payment of wages owed,
汤米·哈姆发了这封信给我
Tommy Hamm sent me this letter.
它说
It says,
“我两个星期前见了我的律师
"Two weeks ago, I met with my attorney,
我正在试图获得对你的限制令
and I am in the process of attempting to obtain a restraining order against you
因为你威胁到了我妻子和孩子的生命
after you threatened the lives of my wife and children.
当你的组大声地而有对抗性地 包围了我的房♥子后
As your group surrounded my home in a loud, confrontational manner,
我的妻子和两个小孩子都很害怕
my wife and two young children were terrified
以为他们会被绑♥架♥而谋杀了
and thought they were going to be kidnapped and murdered.
你的犯罪行为会逼得我们 产生额外费用
Your criminal actions will force us to incur additional costs
为我们的孩子提供治疗 并从我们家搬迁
to provide therapy for our children and relocate from our home.
我聘请了律师
I have retained an attorney
也因为你的鲁莽和犯罪行为 正在对你 你的同事 和你的集团
and am in the process of pursuing criminal and civil actions, punitive and compensatory damages
追究刑事和民事诉讼
against you, your associates and organization
还有惩罚性和补偿性的赔偿”
for your reckless, criminal actions."
“我手里掌控着所有的国家机器
"I have access to the entire state apparatus in my hands.
州里的法律 县里的警方
The laws of the state, the police force of the county,
城市的监牢 这些都是为我工作的 我能用它们对付你”
the city jail, all of this works for me, and I can use it against you."
那是这封信的内容
That's the message of this letter.
(相应地管理好自己)
汤米·哈姆的律师要求了参与这纠纷
Tommy Hamm's attorney is requesting names and addresses
的工人的名字和地址
of these workers in this dispute.
那是一件...
And that's something that, you know...
非常伤脑筋的事 因为...
is nerve-racking, because that's--
他们一旦有了那些资料 就能对付那些工人
Once they have that information, they can certainly go after them.
他们能在他们在街上驾驶时针对他们
They can target them on the street when they're driving,
或在他们送孩子去学校 买♥♥菜
when they're dropping their kids off at school, picking up groceries,
在家得宝找工作时
when they're looking for work at Home Depot.
这基本上会把他们变成目标
You know, it basically puts a target on their back.
明天的会议里
Tomorrow at the meeting,
我们有至少四个人会作证
we have at least four people that are gonna testify,
向县长们告诉他们的故事
that are going to speak and tell their stories to the commissioners.
你有第一修正案的权力
You have a First Amendment right
说话 在公开会议上发言
to speak, to address a public meeting.
无论你的身份 你都有那个权力
You have that right regardless of your status.
这里的人每个都在冒险 我们想显明说出来
Everybody here is risking something. We want to be very clear about that.
这已经是个有移♥民♥突袭 和对付移♥民♥者的警♥察♥行动的地方了
This is already a place where immigration raids and police action is happening against immigrants.
县长有可能
Now, there is a possibility
会问起你们证件的事...
that commissioners will ask... for your papers...
问起你们的法律地位
ask what your legal status is.
知道吧?你们不该回答
Okay? And you don't give an answer to that.
若他们报♥警♥的话
If the police is called,
我会和丹妮尔和辛西娅作出决定
Danielle, Cynthia and I will make a judgment call
是不是该离开的时候
about when or whether it is time to leave.
若我们需要的话 我们就会离开
And if we need to, we'll leave.
早安 大家 我们将宣布
Good morning, everyone. We're gonna go ahead
这个贝县委员会的定期会议正式开会
and call this regularly scheduled meeting of the Bay County Commission to order.
让我们祈祷吧
Let's pray.
我们今日请求你 天父 当我们更接近
We ask you today, Father, as we're approaching a day
我们社区一年前大受摧残的日子时
in which our communities were so drastically devastated a year ago,
我们要求你给我们需要的力量
we ask for your strength that is needed
让我们继续努力重建和恢复工作
as we continue in our efforts of rebuilding and restoration.
-阿门 -阿门
Amen. -Amen.
公众参与
Public participation.
这讨论开放给 任何有关县委员会的事
This is open to any issue related to County Commission Authority.
请限制你们的发言到三分钟内
Please limit your remarks to three minutes.
早上好
Morning.
县长格里菲茨和其他人 我们想告诉你们
County Commissioner Griffitts and others, we'd like to tell you
关于我们在你们地区里所做的工作
about some of the work we're doing in your districts,
但我们也要求你们考虑 一件属于你们管辖范围内
but also have a particular policy proposal that falls well within your jurisdiction
的政策建议
that we'd like you to consider.
工资盗窃和服务盗窃是个
Wage theft and theft of service is an enormous hindrance
对我们重建国家的大阻碍
to the resilience and rebuilding of this part of the country.
所尼先生 我们有个三分钟的时间限制
Mr. Soni, obviously, we have a three-minute time limit.
好 我现在就让开 你现在会听...
Okay, yeah, and I'm stepping aside. You'll now hear from--
对 我们会很快说完的
Yes, we'll make it quick.
但我们明白这都是同一个问题
We understand it's all the same issue. -Yeah.
是一系列的问题 对
It's a set of issues, yeah.
早安 我的名字是安娜·萨拉♥萨♥
Good morning. My name is Anna Salazar.
如果声明已经写好了
If the statement's already written,
若她写好了声明 你能直接读出来吗?
if she has a written statement, could you just read it?
她说西语让你翻译的话
With her speaking Spanish and you translating,
会延迟时间的
it drags out the time.
她会说一分半的时间
She'll be speaking for a minute and a half.
我们会保留在三分钟内
We'll stay within three minutes.
不好意思
Excuse me,
但我的痛苦让我...
but my pain makes me...
当我们来到这里时
When we got here,
我们开始为一个叫
we started working with a company called...
温特菲尔的公♥司♥工作
Winterfell.
温特菲尔
Winterfell.
我们工作了连续三个月
Where we worked for three consecutive months.
你 汤米先生 当时知道
And you, Mr. Tommy,
温特菲尔内有这样的情况
knew the situation that was happening in Winterfell.
也知道超过60个工人代表过那家公♥司♥
That more than 60 workers who represented your company
而我们从来没受过照顾
were never compensated.
现在已经六个月了
It's been six months,
我们还没听到我们应得的薪水的消息
and we still haven't received the money that we rightfully earned.
好 夫人 我必须阻止你继续说了
Yes, ma'am. Okay. I'm gonna stop you right now.
这听起来像是 你和别人之间的私人事件
This sounds like you're getting into a personal issue with an individual.
我们不会白白站在这里 让你攻击别人的
We are not gonna stand here and have you attack individuals like this.
我们不是在攻击任何人
We're not attacking individuals.
当你那样拿起 刻有别人名字的安全背心时
When you hold up an individual's name on a safety vest like that,
你就是在攻击别人
you absolutely are.
这里最大最辣手的问题 当然是移♥民♥的问题
The elephant in the room here, of course, is immigration.
我们会讨论的是影响这个县的事 不是个人或商业的问题 明白吗?
We're gonna talk about county issues, not individuals or businesses. Understood?
话虽如此 会议休会
That being said, meeting adjourned.
(至今 哈姆 温特菲尔 和它的分包商)
(都没被从工人的索取引起的 违规或犯罪而被控)
(汤米·哈姆拒绝了数次 作出评论的要求)
(至今 他依然是贝县县长)
我们的目标就是要赢
Our goal is to win,
人会拼命地争取胜利
and people fight to win,
但他们也会为了 让别人把他们当人类看待而拼命
but people also fight just to be recognized as human beings.
为了那个: “有人看得到我 我是存在的”的感觉
That sense that, "Somebody sees me, that I exist,"
那感觉也算是自己的胜利
that's something that is a victory of its own.
(韧性之力打算对哈姆 温特菲尔 和它的分包商)
(提起民事诉讼)
(因为多次工资盗窃的指控)
我们需要建起的不只是房♥子
We need to be building more than just homes.
说得对!
That's right!
我们现在是贝县的一部分了
We're part of Bay County now.
所以我想问你们
So I would like to ask you
我们肯对彼此作出什么样的承诺
what commitments we are willing to make to each other.
我先开始
And I'll start.
我代表我们的队友对你们发出承诺
I commit to all of you, on behalf of our team,
开始保护牢里的人免受ICE
剧集 | 移民国度(2020) | 导航列表