剧集 | 移民国度(2020) | 导航列表
because Immigration arrested me and Javier.
知道吗?
Okay?
别回家 妈咪
Don't go to the house, Mommy. -Okay.
好的 我在家
Okay, I'm here at home.
好 快离开
Okay, get out of there.
-好的 再见 -再见
Okay, bye. -Bye.
再见
Bye.
-谢谢你 先生 -没问题
Thank you, sir. -No problem.
你在这里多久了?你的英语很好
How long you been here? You speak good English.
我在这里14或15年了
I been here 14 years, 15. -Wow.
是啊 王八蛋 我会说英语
Yeah, bitch, I speak English.
我上次出去时 有个人看着我说: “你在做什么?”
My last stop, one of the guys goes, "What are you doing?"
我说:“你被逮捕了”
I said, "You're under arrest."
“你为什么逮捕我?” 我说:“你非法在这里啊”
"What am I under arrest for?" I said, "You're here illegally."
他答:“你们不能再因为 我们非法在这里而逮捕我们了”
He goes, "You can't arrest us for being here illegally anymore."
而我说了:“是吗?等着瞧吧”
I said, "Really? Watch this."
“你们不能再因为 我们非法在这里而逮捕我们了
"You can't arrest us for being here illegally anymore.
他们在新闻发布会告诉了我 这是个受庇护的地方
They told me at a press conference that this is a sanctuary place,
所以你们不许逮捕我了”
and you're not allowed to arrest me anymore."
他们那样说吗?
They did?
他们骗你的
They lied to you.
他们认为我们是本地人
So, they're thinking that we're the locals.
知道吗? 他们不知道我们是移♥民♥局的人
You know what I mean? They don't realize that we're Immigration,
所以他们认为我们是本地人 所以我们就...
so they think we're the locals. So, what we do is--
他们会说:“你不能逮捕我们了”
They're like, "You can't arrest us anymore."
我们就会说:“哦 是吗?”
And we're like, "Oh, really?"
我从来没闯过祸 我有妻子和孩子
I don't have any problems. I have kids and a wife.
我正去着工作
I was headed to work.
但他们什么都不在乎
But they don't care about anything.
我在这里16年了 从没闯过祸
I've been here for 16 years, and I've never had any problems.
那里大概会有31个
It's gonna be about 31 there,
夏洛特差不多有39个
and then Charlotte is sitting at about 39.
对啊 我本来想...
Yeah, I wanted...
我本来要抓100个的
I wanted 100.
身为都市区的夏洛特最近发展得很快
Charlotte, as a metropolitan area, has been growing by leaps and bounds.
这区域六分之一的工人 都不是美国公民
One out of every six workers now in this area is not a US citizen.
往北卡罗来纳州来的非法移♥民♥
The illegal migration to the North Carolina area
从1990年代就开始来了
has been going on since the 1990s
自从我们州里受了很大的飓风破坏
when we had major hurricane damage to the state,
而重建业带来了很多的工作机会后
and with the reconstruction industry brought in a lot of job opportunities,
那些家伙办完工时 喜欢上这里 就决定留下了
and after those folks finished, they liked it, and they decided to stay.
(巴拿马城 佛罗里达州)
强大的飓风迈克尔 会在佛罗里达狭长地带登陆
Powerful hurricane Michael is making landfall in the Florida Panhandle
巴拿马城准备应付这个第四类风暴
as Panama City braces for this category four storm.
我现在看不到任何完好的房♥屋
Well, right now, there's no intact houses that I can--
有一个吧
Well, one.
这里似乎每间房♥子都少了屋顶 外墙
Pretty much all the houses are missing roofs, siding...
帕特里夏 你看了窗外的毁坏后
And, Patricia, when you look out at the devastation outside your window,
你认为这是一个需要几个星期 几个月 或几年才能修理好的破坏?
is this something that you think will take weeks, months, years to fix?
我必须说有需要几年修理的可能性
I would have to say it could be even years.
(四个月后)
前三四天过得很快
First three or four days was just a blur.
收到发电机 继续操作发电机
Getting the generators, keeping the generators going,
修理东西...
getting something fixed up for us.
然后我们才开始觉悟 开始说
And then I guess you set in, and you start saying,
-“我们刚经历了什么事?” -我们该怎么办?
"Well, what did we just go through?" -What do we do?
我们镇里因为那暴风雨失去了许多人
We lost so many people here in town... from the storm and all.
我不认为我们这里的劳动力 能自己处理
I just don't think our workforce was here to handle It.
不认为我们这里有能处理 那种情况的人
Just don't think we had the people here that would handle the situation.
所以我们需要帮忙 是的
So we needed help. Yes, we needed help.
我只能说我在这里见到很多墨西哥人
All I can say is I've been seeing a lot of Mexicans.
无论他们是合法或非法地在这里
Whether or not they're legal or illegal,
只要他们为我工作得好 他们也得谋生啊
as long as they give me a quality work, they gotta live too.
我欢迎他们
I welcome them.
但在我脑海中
But in the back of my mind,
我不想说的 但是...
I hate to say, but...
若我问他们有没有绿卡的话
I could probably ask each one of them to see their green card,
我不知道他们会不会有 我也不在乎
and I don't know if they got it or not. I don't care.
那是公♥司♥该处理的问题
That's the company. That's their problem.
我只要他们为我做好工作
All I want is a quality job.
我想要个不漏水的房♥子 让我舒适地过活
I want my house where it don't leak, where I can live comfortable.
这情况就像那些农场工人
It's just like your farm workers
和在果园工作的工人一样
and your ones that work the orchards and all.
每当收成某种农作物的季节时
When the season is in for that particular crop,
他们就会去帮忙
that's where they go to.
做好了后 他们就会去
When that's done, they move to another area
有另种农作物得收成的地方
that might have another crop of stuff coming in.
你知道吧 他们...
You know, they...
那就是他们的生活
That's the way they live.
但我得承认 他们非常地勤劳
But I gotta admit. They are out there working.
他们做的工作有时是 我会说美国人不想做的工作
They're doing jobs sometimes that I'd say us American's don't want to do.
(家得宝)
在我们现在这里的贝县 是非常难找到承包人的
In Bay County, where we are now, contractors have been difficult to find.
几个?
How many? How many?
暴风雨过后 这里来了很多西班牙裔工人
After the storm, we had an influx of Hispanic workers
他们是来做施工作业的 因为那就是他们寻常做的工作
who came in to do the construction work because that's what they do.
他们会随着这些暴风雨和灾难去
They follow these storms and disasters around.
那就是他们谋生的方式
That's how they make their living.
我认为大多数的人 都很开心他们在这里
I think, right now, most people are happy to see them here
因为他们在帮忙工作和修理
because they're getting the work done.
你现在在大概是国内 最保守的地区之一里
You're in probably one of the most conservative areas of the country.
总统特朗普来到了巴拿马市海滩
President Trump came to Panama City Beach
来看看飓风迈克尔带来的破坏 还有这里的恢复工作
to see the damage and the recovery efforts from the devastation of Hurricane Michael.
许多贝县的居民在2016年大选 为特朗普投了票
Bay County turned out huge for Trump in the 2016 election,
他们很明显还是他的忠实支持者
and they are clearly still big supporters of his.
他们想在我们国家里挥起危地马拉 洪都拉斯 和萨尔瓦多的国旗
They wanna fly the flag of Guatemala and Honduras and El Salvador right into our border.
我是说 当你有15千个人进来时
I mean, when you have 15,000 people marching up,
你怎么能阻止他们?
how do you stop these people?
“开枪射他们!”
"Shoot them!"
只有在狭长地带里 你才能作出那种事而得逞
That's only in the panhandle you can get away with that stuff.
只在狭长地带里
Only in the panhandle.
为了重建工作而来的无证移♥民♥
Undocumented immigrants, here as part of the rebuilding efforts,
在做他们的工作挂薄岩
were doing their job hanging Sheetrock,
而把他们举报给ICE的警方 也在做他们的工作
and the police who called ICE on them were doing their job.
这就是引起意见不合的交叉点了
At this intersection is where this disagreement begins.
这里有许多墨西哥人
There's a lot of people here from the Mexican race.
我希望他们会获取合法的身份后 来工作 因为我们这里很需要
I wish they'd get legal and come to work, 'cause the place needs it.
但你知道的 不是所有人都想按规矩办事
But, you know, not everybody wants to play by the rules.
如果你想来美国
If you want to come to America,
你就该以正式合法的方式而来
come in through the door instead of crawling through the window.
嘿...
Hey...
他们必须作出他们需要做的事
they gotta do what they gotta do, but I mean...
但被抓到的话 那就是他们自己的错
if they get caught, it's their own fault.
(警告 在紧急状态下)
(未经许可承包是重罪)
哪种工作?
What kind of work? What kind of work? -Huh?
我老板叫我找个人来工作
My boss man told me to come get a person to come work.
洒克特·所尼
Saket Soni. Pleasure to meet you.
我们代表一个叫韧性之力的组织
We are from an organization called Resilience Force
帮别人争取权力
helping with people's rights,
但我们的主要目的是帮别人追回 他们因为工资盗窃而失去的工资
but our main goal is to try and help recover people's money lost through wage theft.
(组织者 洒克特·所尼 韧性之力)
所以别人欠他$1590
So, he's owed $1,590.
这是你和承包商之前有的信息对话 对吧?
And there are messages back and forth between you and the contractor, right?
他说:“完成工作 否则我会报♥警♥”
"Finish the job, or I'll call the police," he said.
也说:“你很麻烦 我收到钱后就会还你钱
He's saying, "You're very problematic. When I get paid, I'll pay you,
不然我就直接报♥警♥抓你”
or we could just decide I can call the police on you."
你发了信息给他 他还没回应
You've texted him, and he hasn't responded.
最理想的是 我们能一起去帮你讨回那笔钱
So, ideally, we and you can go together to get the money.
你就在停车场这里住在你车里吗?
Did you live here in the parking lot out of your car? Mm-hmm.
-这是你睡觉的地方吗? -是的
This is where you sleep, huh? -Yeah.
你在巴拿马城多久了?
And how long have you been here in Panama City?
我们在飓风来临后 的两个星期内就来了
When the hurricane come... -Mm-hmm. ...we come in the next two weeks.
-所以这间是你重建的房♥子? -是的
剧集 | 移民国度(2020) | 导航列表