剧集 | 移民国度(2020) | 导航列表
People have certain expectations, certain assumptions
大众会有某些期望 某些假设
when you use the word "court" and "judge" in the United States
他们会认为法官是受保护的
that judges are protected
而能够凭案件事实和法律
and that they are to make independent decisions
独♥立♥作出决定
based on the facts of the case and law of the case.
那是法官该做的事
That's what judges are supposed to do.
那是法庭该做的事
That's what a court is supposed to do.
但移♥民♥法庭和移♥民♥法官都不是那样的
But immigration court and immigration judges are not like that.
我们没有独♥立♥法♥院♥会受到的保护
We do not have the protection of being an independent court.
我们没有独♥立♥法官会受到的保护
We do not have the protection of being independent judges.
我们都属于执法机构
We are in a law enforcement agency.
我们都位于司法部
We are situated in the Department of Justice,
我们的老板是... 所以我们被聘请
and our boss--so, we're being hired,
被审查 被开除
we're being reviewed, and we're being fired
都是美国总检察长的决定
by the US Attorney General,
他是我们的第一主要的联邦检察官
who is our number one, prime federal prosecutor.
移♥民♥法庭没有它们该有的独♥立♥性
Immigration courts are not nearly as independent as they should be
因为虽然你可能会认为 它们是司法部门的一部分
because while you might assume that they'd be part of the judicial branch,
移♥民♥法庭其实是行政部门的一部分
immigration courts are actually part of the executive branch.
更仔细地 它们是司法部运营的
Specifically, they're run by the DOJ,
所以它们会受到 政♥治♥优先事项转移的影响
making them subject to shifting political priorities.
例如 这些法官目前的老板是这个人
So, for instance, right now, the boss of all these judges is this man,
杰夫·塞申斯
Jeff Sessions.
对于那些想非法而不当
For those that continue to seek
进入这国家的人 你们被预先警告了
improper and illegal entry into this country, be forewarned.
这是个新时代
This is a new era.
这是特朗普的时代
This is the Trump era.
这个政♥府♥
This administration has
做了我所说的把移♥民♥法庭变成了武器
done what I call weaponizing the immigration courts
把它们用为执法工具
to use them as a tool of enforcement.
(采访室)
国土安♥全♥部♥在2018年做了
In 2018, the department did something
以前从未做过的事
that had never been done before,
那就是使移♥民♥法官有了生产定额
and that is put production quotas on immigration judges.
我们每天上班时
On a daily basis, we come to work,
电脑上都会有个仪表板
and there's this dashboard on our computer.
它会告诉你
It has these dials
你每天 每三个月内达到的案件数目
telling you your numbers per day per quarter.
你想不想在移♥民♥法庭里
How would you like to be trying to plead for your life
当法官看着告诉他们 他们因为这个月没完成足够的案子
in immigration court while the judge is looking at a little dashboard that says
而进入了红区时
he or she is in the red zone
为你的生活辩护?
because they haven't completed enough cases this month?
若法官没达到定额
If a judge doesn't fulfill the numerical quotas
或有太多回到美国的案子
or gets too many cases returned,
他们可能会被开除
they could be fired.
因此 这是第一次
So, for the first time,
这系统的目的变成了
the objective of the system seems to have become
做出更多的遣送离境令
to produce more orders of removal,
而不是更多的正义
not necessarily more justice.
(搜身在押人员才放进牢房♥里)
(把不在牢房♥里的在押人员上手铐)
我听法官们说他们害怕了
I hear from the judges that they're scared.
他们害怕作出 他们认为政♥府♥不想要他们做的决定
They're scared to make a decision that they do not think the administration wants them to make,
即使他们认为法律会需求 他们作出不同的决定
even though they believe the law would require them to do otherwise.
没有其他的优先案子了
There is no more priorities,
所以他就是优先案子
so he is a priority.
-我明白 -好吗?
I understand. -All right?
你明白这是怎么回事吗?
Do you understand what's going on?
是 不管你做什么决定 都没关系
Yeah, whatever your decision is, all right. It's fine.
不是我做的决定
It's not whatever my decision is.
决定都是比我高层的人做的
Every decision is above me.
我不是法官
I'm not a judge.
我的工作只是把你遣送出去 这是我的职称 驱逐出境执行官
My job is just to remove you. It's in my title: Deportation Officer.
这不是个人恩怨
You know, it's not personal.
这只是工作上的事
It's business.
这是我的看法
That's the way I see it.
当别人说:“你不知道这些人正在
When people just say that, "You don't know what
经历什么事”的时候 我会说:“我不同意”
some of these people are going through," I say, "I beg to differ.
我有两个被驱逐出境的亲戚
I have two relatives that were deported.
他们很小的时候就来了
They came here as young children."
我亲眼看过了我奶奶经历过 我的家人经历过
I saw my grandmother go through it, and my family went through it.
好的 转过去
All right. Turn around.
(埃尔帕索拘留所 埃尔帕索拘 德州)
这通电♥话♥来自联邦监狱
This call is from a federal prison.
丽贝卡?
Rebecca,
-丽贝卡 你好吗? -喂?
how are you?
是我 你的小半橙
It's me, your half orange.
我的小半橙... 我还在想是谁呢
My half orange. I wonder, "Who's that?"
我们分开了八个月了 我不想继续这样下去了
It's eight months separation. This is not for me anymore.
他们会把你驱逐出境吗?
Are they going to deport you?
若我不要求庇护的话 我就能被驱逐出境
If I stop asking for asylum, I can be deported.
但若我要求庇护的话 他们就会继续留我在这里
But if I ask for asylum, they will leave me here.
我必须从里边这里辩护我的案子
I have to fight my case from inside here.
从监牢里
Here inside the jail.
我受不了这样被关着了
I cannot stand being locked up anymore.
我想出去和我们的孩子们一起
I want to go and be with our kids.
我关在这里能帮他们做什么?
What can I do for them here, locked up?
我更宁愿被驱逐出境呢
I prefer a thousand times to be deported.
回家吧
Come home.
你知道我为什么 要我的丈夫越过边界吗?
Do you know why I wanted my husband to cross the border?
因为我妈妈的眼睛不好
Because my mother's eyes are bad.
她需要动手术
She needs an operation.
所以我才肯接受他离开的
That's why I accepted him leaving.
小心点 儿子
Careful, son.
我很想要家里有个水井
I would love to have a well at the house.
有个能让我冲凉的淋浴
And to have a shower to bathe in.
那是我想要的
That's what I want.
有自己的房♥子
To have my own house,
自己的冰箱
my own refrigerator.
你能想像其他的了...
You can imagine the rest...
那就是我想要的
That's what I want.
这就是我的命
This is my life.
从我小时候就过着的生活
My life since I grew up.
在那里很不一样
It is different there.
我在那里时是很开心的 我们所有家人都在一起
I was happy there. We were a whole family.
我的弟弟们 我们当时都在一起
My brothers, we were all together.
在这里 我谁都没有
Here, I have nobody.
我一开始来和我阿姨一起住时 还很开心的 但现在不会了
At first, I was happy when I came to live with my aunt, but not anymore.
我一点也不快乐
I don't feel happy at all.
(贝纳尔多的儿子)
我以前会有未来的梦想
I used to dream about growing up.
我有目标的
I wanted things.
但我不会这样想了
But I don't think the same way anymore.
我的梦想变了
It has changed.
我的弟弟们在这里就好了
I wish my brothers were here.
是的
Yes.
没有父母地一个人是很辛苦的
It's hard to not have your parents and to be alone.
我爸在这里 但他同时又不在这里
My dad is here, but he's not here.
我能看这些照片吗?
Can I see the photos?
这个是埃米利奥
This is Emilio.
我爸 还有他的手♥枪♥
My dad with his pistol.
-那是爸爸? -是的
That's Dad? -Yes.
他爬得好高!快看 妈妈
He's so high! Look, Mom.
当他还是军人的时候
When he was a soldier.
我们10月6日会庆祝我们结婚15周年
On October 6th, we celebrate our 15th anniversary.
我和他在一起15年了
Fifteen years of being with him.
他好有爱心 又善良
He is loving, kind,
体谅
understanding.
他了解我
He understands me.
我爱他 想念他
I love him, and I miss him.
-喂? -喂
Hello. -Hello.
儿子 是你吗?
Milo, is that you?
对 是我
Yes, it's me.
剧集 | 移民国度(2020) | 导航列表